• Main Street Maniac

Fantasmic! and fireworks in one night

Hi!
    I will be visiting Disneyland for three days from Monday through Wednesday. I was looking forward to show my partner both Fantasmic! and the fireworks (I saw them only once in my life, way back in 1993 during my first and only trip to Disneyland) but just discovered they will be performing only the day we arrive at Anaheim (Sunday the 4th of May)

Since my partner HAS to watch both shows (he's only being to Disneyland Paris, wich from this point of view really isn't offering that much), I was thinking about going to Disneyland in late Sunday afternoon, grab a spot and watch both show.

Do you think that's possible? Any hints / suggestions? Is there a perfect spot to get this crazy task accomplished?

Thanks!
    Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
    2007: World of Disney New York City
    2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
    1992: Euro Disney Resort
    2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
    1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
    1997: Walt Disney World
    1993: Disneyland

• Master of Disaster

Re: Fantasmic! and fireworks in one night

late sunday is one of the best days to go IMHO. The park is not quite busy but not quite quiet either. But you have the added benefit of the park closing at a later hour than during the week.

as for viewing locations... dont ask me I usually just walk on up and stand in the back somewhere random for the show when I do actually watch it.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

My best option which I always follow:

Grab a spot in front of the castle in the middle of the street about 8:30 or so. At first you will be the only person standing, but at about 9:15 they will make EVERYONE stand. After the fireworks head over to the Rivers of America and make your way over to the viewing area between Pirates and the Haunted Manshion. Those are the last areas to fill in. Bypass the viewing area next to the Mark Twain dock as thats where most people fill in first, and timing wise, the show is better around the front of the island.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I do this all the time. I watch the fireworks and then go over and wait in Frontierland until they let us in and then walk down toward Pirates and find a spot in that area for the 10:30 show. So far I have good luck getting a spot. Maybe someone has hints to get the best spots. I do know that they will not let you go through Adventureland after the fireworks. I even thought one time of leaving just before the finale of the fireworks to go that way, but they had blocked off that route long before then. And they do hold you in Frontierland down by the Mark Twain dock in order to let the previous crowd clear out. But just be patient and it will all work out - it is doable. Have a wonderful time while you are here!

• I'm not really here

I'm with Club 33 Mike on this one. That's what we do when we do both in a single night. It is completely possible to do. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

An alternative is to pay the extra money for reserved seating at Rivers of America, enjoy an excellent view of Fantasmic and then stay in your seat for the fireworks...

• Hey it's that guy I am.

I think Pirate Lover sort of answered this already, but do they still do the whole get up of the fireworks for the people at Fantasmic! so they don't have to scramble to get to the castle or was that only for the 50th?

Its not hard to find areas for Fantasmic after the fireworks... the best places are on the Riverbelle Terrace overlooking the ROA or right in front of Pirates I've been successful, just duck under the rope and there's usually room there.

• Main Street Maniac

Thank you all! I am really looking forward to enjoying that special evening now that I have all your suggestions. Beware, a full trip report is on its way ;-)
    Visit my blog at

• Former Cast Member

If you are a bit taller, it is usually easy to get a spot in the back of the standing section of F! close to show time.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Massimo: The most important thing for out-of-town Guests to remember, and I can't stress this enough - Always try for a good spot for the 9:25 PM 'Remember' fireworks on the first night and every night they are scheduled while you are visiting. So if the weather does not cooperate for fireworks the first evening you can go watch the 10:30 Fantasmic and try again tomorrow.

If you think "Oh, I'll see them tomorrow!" you may not get the chance - if we develop a weather pattern with heavy winds, the fireworks show might not be able to go for a week or longer - and some nights they will hold off on the decision till the last second (and delay the start up to 15 minutes) hoping for a 15-minute lull in the winds...

And if it only turns out to be a 5 minute lull in the winds, they have to stop the show when the Fire Department says to stop, or they get hit with very big fines. You can tell the show is in danger of being stopped when you see the shells with tails go straight up and make a hard turn sideways right before they burst.

They can not run the "Remember" fireworks show in winds over about 10 MPH (16 KPH) due to the high altitude mortar fired shells - it might be a very light breeze at ground level, but blowing at a steady 20 to 30 KPH up at 200M - 350M altitude. The fallout has to land backstage, not on the streets or freeway, or inside the park. They can tilt the mortar tubes into the wind by several degrees, but that only helps so much.

There is much more latitude with Fantasmic! and light winds because it is all low level shells. They don't reach the winds aloft layers.
    Quote Originally Posted by squashandstretch View Post
    I think Pirate Lover sort of answered this already, but do they still do the whole get up of the fireworks for the people at Fantasmic! so they don't have to scramble to get to the castle or was that only for the 50th?
    The best view of the 'Remember' fireworks show is still from the center to east side of the Hub area or the very north end of Main Street by the Photo Shop. Basically, anywhere you have a clear view to the north, they shoot off the aerial shells from behind ToonTown and an ill-placed tree can make for bad sightlines - ask a regular visitor where the bad spots are when you are staking out your spot, they can point out the angles that need to be tree-free.

All the sightlines for the "Nine-Line" fan and comet shells are built to be seen from the Hub area. They shoot off the 'surround' fireworks and the low-level fireworks and fire effects off the castle that really don't 'work' from anywhere else - you see them, but you don't get the full 'circle around you' effect from outside the circle.

You can see the fireworks aerial shells just fine from the River and they run the full soundtrack on the Fantasmic! audio system, but the Castle effects are just flashes above the trees, and you are seeing Tinkerbell fly from the side and through the trees. Kinda loses something in the translation.

(I really should make up maps with Green, Yellow and Red markings for where the viewing is best, and what you'll miss from each poor area. Hmmm... )

For us local Annual Passholders, it's not a problem if it's windy or the view is blocked, we can come back next week and try again. You don't have that luxury, so watch while the watching is good. For tomorrow you may be crying as they run the recording - "Due to high winds, tonight's performance of 'Remember, Dreams Cone True' has been cancelled."

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Main Street Maniac

Dear Bruce,

thank you for you very detailed information and suggestion. That idea of a map showing the best and worst areas of the park where to watch the fireworks is definetely a must. You should put it into production and sell it!

Thanks again all, two week left and so excited!
    Visit my blog at

Here's what we do:

If you have not seen the fireworks in front og the castle--you have to watch the firework in front of the castle. I agree with what has ben said in this thread already--8:30 grab a spot in front of the castle and after you can move toward Fantasmic via Frontierland. But I disagree with those that say watch the firework from the ROA--it isn't as spectacular as in front of the castle-- you must see the flames for Indy--it is my favorite part!!

My family has a spot of Fantasmic that we love. It is on the landing in front of the parasol cart in new Orleans. If you get right in front against the rail, you'll be above anyone else who might stand up. This space almost never fills up until the very last few minutes before the show (at least when I have been).

Good Luck, Have fun, Relax--it's Disneyland!!!!!
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• :)

Just watch the fireworks at 9:25, than walk over and get a spot for the 10:30 Fantasmic..plenty of time