Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Do you think Splash Mountain is a bit too fast-paced?

And I'm talking about the pace of the ride inside the show building being a bit too fast to fully 100% comprehend what's going on.

Especially in the LP section. Right after that little speed boosting drop, I try to take everything in, the lighting, the scenery, the music, the animation... but sometimes it's like there's just too much going by too fast. With the blacklights, AA's being close by anywhere and everywhere, the music, the singing, the spinning boat(s?), the overall atmosphere is trippy, but in a good-natured and harmless way.

HDYD is almost the same way but it's a little less jam packed with animation and effects.

ZDD probably has the best pace of any other part of the ride, which is slow enough to see everything, so it's all good.

When you look at the show building and compare sizes with the others nearby, it's smaller. I'm not sure why they couldn't have made the building a little larger, but it was a very expensive project back in the day.

At the end of the day though, it all comes down to math and how many people need to go through the ride at a time.

• Goofy

Re: Do you think Splash Mountain is a bit too fast-paced?

thats very interesting.

i TOTALLY AGREE, you took the words right out of my mouth....I do wish it went a little slower so that riders could better admire all the inside of the ride building. Splash goes by FAST, but I would like it even if it slowed down a little it would make it a better ride.

• Just Me

It used to be much slower.

• Minion

Some people like WDW's version more because it is slower paced. However, WDW's version has around half the number of audio-animatronics, so I perfer DL's version.

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    And I'm talking about the pace of the ride inside the show building being a bit too fast to fully 100% comprehend what's going on.

Especially in the LP section. Right after that little speed boosting drop, I try to take everything in, the lighting, the scenery, the music, the animation... but sometimes it's like there's just too much going by too fast. With the blacklights, AA's being close by anywhere and everywhere, the music, the singing, the spinning boat(s?), the overall atmosphere is trippy, but in a good-natured and harmless way.

HDYD is almost the same way but it's a little less jam packed with animation and effects.

ZDD probably has the best pace of any other part of the ride, which is slow enough to see everything, so it's all good.

When you look at the show building and compare sizes with the others nearby, it's smaller. I'm not sure why they couldn't have made the building a little larger, but it was a very expensive project back in the day.

At the end of the day though, it all comes down to math and how many people need to go through the ride at a time.
    I would say that they didn't make the show building any bigger because there simply was no more room. Right behind the Splash show building is a little two lane service road and then some construction vehicle parking and after that there is no more room. On top of that you have Mansion's show building right next to it.

I've personally never noticed how fast it was paced, but I do agree that it is a somewhat trippy ride. I think it gives you an incentive for repeat rides, as you can almost see something new each time.
    Class of 2005...

It's supposed to be trippy, isn't it?

• Dive ..... Dive.....

They sped up the attraction because the stupid logs kept getting stuck after they lengthened them.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

It is way too fast, especially if you're used to the Florida version. In fact, they made sure that they could control the speed of the logs a little better when they cloned the attraction for Florida. I personally prefer the WDW version.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disneyland Fanatic

It used to be slower - you also didn't used to get soaking wet no matter where you sat.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Yes. I wish it would be a little slower, so it would be possible to "soak" in the scenes more.

• Banned User

Hmm. Well, I wish they had just stuck with the old logs and speed then.

I'm glad I noticed this.

And I think it did used to be slower now that I think about it... mmhh...

• =)

I know what you mean. It's a little bothersome, but oh well. Incentive to ride again, methinks.

I'm glad I noticed this.
    Now that's perplexing. Why would you want to notice something that worsens your experience?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Old logs?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Now that's perplexing. Why would you want to notice something that worsens your experience?
    What? I dunno. If I have an itch I can't itch, at least I know where it is....
    Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Old logs?
    Old logs? If by that you mean you don't know what I mean, the original logs are no more. By last years' refurbishment, all of the original logs from 1989 had been replaced with newer, seemingly rounder, and longer ones that hold more people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast