Disneyland - Map and Paint Need an update

So I just went to Disneyland a week ago and noticed a few things both on the map and on some of the paint of the building mostly in tomorrowland.
    and before i say anything, sorry i don't have any pics.

first, I looked at the DL map and noticed some interesting thinds about the autopia and submarine area - they're not correctly animated! I know its not noticeable but i noticed. In Autopia, the station has the correct buildings, but if you look at the track, its still the old track layout, and the track is split into the fantasyland and tomorrowland tracks! Even if you follow the track layout with your finger on the map, its easy to see that one tracks never goes to tomorrowland and its still in the old layout.

Other things i noticed, that don't matter as much, are that the sub lagoon does not have the extended show building that was built for finding nemo and the old motor boat cruise area is still filled in with water (i don't mean the fantasia gardens, i mean the area under autopia).

Now the second thing i want to talk about is that Disney needs to keep up with exterior of buildings especially paint. I was walking through Tomorrowland and saw

Black streaks (not extremely noticeable but still i saw them) on Space Mountain exterior
    The back of HISTA sign which you can clearly see after walking out of Space Mountain had a huge rust, or paint peel, i don't even know what it was?!

Also, as an added topic, I straight to Space Mo. in the morning and we saw a duck fly into the pizza port window, and he left a stain on the glass, (he was ok and flew away) and when i came back for dinner, they smudge was still there! I think that's disgusting and a castmember should have done something about it, like clean it!

So, any thoughts on the map or paint.

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland - Map and Paint Need an update

They cleaned the exterior of Space Mountain a few weeks ago, but the crud is already re-forming on the exterior and it really looks bad when they don't clean it. They should keep up its maintenance a little more.

I also wish they would re-paint the Train Station to look more like Hong Kong Disneyland's. The brown is very faded and looks worn.

Ok and this does not have to do with Tomorrowland, but I was on Indiana Jones when it broke down and I couldn't believe how dirty and dusty the entire attraction was. Half the effects weren't working and the state of the ride out of "show conditions" was a big let-down. The entire queue area displays were also CAKED in layers of dust. Somebody needs to take a Swiffer to some of the displays in the queue. Don't they dust this stuff on a regular basis?

• Banned User

If you are at DL enough to get bugged by all these little things...you are at DL too much!!!

• =)

Haha, there are far larger discrepancies between the map and the real park, believe you me. I still crack up every time I see how enormously far guests apparently have to walk to get to the Indy queue entrance temple...and how the entire ride apparently takes place inside that one structure. Not to mention that they totally screwed up the architecture of the Haunted Mansion.

And peeling paint? I haven't noticed much lately.

The French language map of Disneyland Park lists the monorail as being a one way trip only, and it says that Conestoga Fries has "Fries and drinks" and not "Frites et boissons" like Harbour Galley.

If you think the maps are inaccurate now, you must not have ever seen an old one before.

Disneyland 1980 Souvineer Guide
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• =)

Wow. Just wow.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Ok and this does not have to do with Tomorrowland, but I was on Indiana Jones when it broke down and I couldn't believe how dirty and dusty the entire attraction was. Half the effects weren't working and the state of the ride out of "show conditions" was a big let-down. The entire queue area displays were also CAKED in layers of dust. Somebody needs to take a Swiffer to some of the displays in the queue. Don't they dust this stuff on a regular basis?
    this can be very simply attributed to a certain lead who left the area when night custodial had a lead change around recently. basically shook up all the leads out of their default area and into random new ones. the one who left played huge favorites with people, treated outsiders (who aren't in his race) like scum (still does in his new area, psst, just wait for toontown to go to hell, you've been warned) and had several pets installed in the adventureland area.... as a result, the care of rides like indy dropped like a rock, I worked on it, mopping the whole queue line from the entrance where it joins the outside part all the way upstairs and down the other side of the loading stations.

I even cleaned the cavern/cave room where all the rocks are, people are always tossing stuff in them. the area where a rock exists that looks like a wheel/door with hieroglyphs on it had someone piss in the corner, bringing it up with the named lead just got him barking at me in spanish.... still smelled like someone pissed in it after that. wasn't cat pee, was human piss. I can tell the difference strongly... everyone else I was working with in there spent all their time on cell phones, picking up change on the track for sodas (the ride shakes alot of change out of pockets amongest other stuff) and talking amongest themselves all in spanish.

usually nightly it is all swept up due to the rubber tires shedding alot of it's tread, oil being leaked everywhere, etc. takes alot to clean it, but is a detail tailor made for those who screw off... I never did, was frustrating dealing with people who screw off when it desperately needs cleaning nightly

this is highly restrained as you can imagine, I could spend hours talking about the state of disneyland after the main gate clinks shut for the night, but i'll spare everyone....

data, you're right about the Indy Temple entrance.
    and, also about Indy, on a side note - nothing to do with the paint or maps, but I went on it just before the park closed and all the fire effects in the main room, or the large room, i don't know what to call it, were turned off.
    It was interesting, because when the lasers were shot, they would hit a surface and nothing would happen.

• =)

I went on it just before the park closed and all the fire effects in the main room, or the large room, i don't know what to call it, were turned off.
    It was interesting, because when the lasers were shot, they would hit a surface and nothing would happen.
    Yeah, the fire effects aren't always on. Dunno why, but it makes it all the more special when they do work! I love how you can actually feel the heat...it's pretty cool. Er, warm. As it were.

And regarding the "main room" or "large room", it's officially known as the Cavern of Bubbling Death. I kid you not. Although in earlier years I just called it "the room with the fire bridge", which goes to show how big an impact the pyrotechnics made on me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    If you think the maps are inaccurate now, you must not have ever seen an old one before.

Disneyland 1980 Souvineer Guide

Did these mapmakers even visit the park?
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    And regarding the "main room" or "large room", it's officially known as the Cavern of Bubbling Death. I kid you not. Although in earlier years I just called it "the room with the fire bridge", which goes to show how big an impact the pyrotechnics made on me.
    , yah know i remember that name, i think i heard it on one of your youtube videos through Indy with your model. By the way nice job!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Ok and this does not have to do with Tomorrowland, but I was on Indiana Jones when it broke down and I couldn't believe how dirty and dusty the entire attraction was ... The entire queue area displays were also CAKED in layers of dust.
    It's part of the abandoned temple ambience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    Did these mapmakers even visit the park?
    Silly people, that's a schematic map.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.