• Banned User

Ever think about the year something opened and what was going on back then?

Well.

It is a weird question but I hope some of you guys find it interesting.

Anyways, I like to organize places (and even things) by the year they were made/built/opened if I can, and in DL that's very easy, and a lot of fun for me.

I'll name a couple attractions, and write what I feel like about what was going on when they were opened.

I wasn't alive back in some of these times, but I think I do know enough to write about them. Maybe you could add more?

I wish I could summarize these years like they do in I love the 80's: 3d.

Anyways,

Indiana Jones Adventure- Built 1993-1994/5- opened March, 3 1995.

When it opened: I was in either preschool or still in daycare. I had turned 4 only 5 months prior. My best friend was Timothy Springer and Nickelodeon still had good shows. Grunge was getting very, very, popular, and so was the internet. AOL was the new thing and CD's were starting to replace cassette tapes. Computer monitors were big, but with small screens, and 3D video games were a brand new frontier.

The old Space Mountain: Built 1975/6(?)-1977- opened May 27, 1977.

When it opened: The world had been introduced to Star Wars only 2 days prior to Space mountain opening. (What is it with outer space and 1977?) Disco was abundant and so were ...(ahem)... illegal substances... Studio 54 had opened almost exactly a month before, Computers offered a new and promising future, and we would be introduced to the mighty Atari Video Computer system that fall.

Splash Mountain: Built April 1987 - (Jan?) 1989- Opened June 19, 1989.

When it opened: People had big glasses, and girls wore big sweaters, and had big hair. Seriously. -To be continued...

I'm tired of typing right now, so you guys can add to the list if you want to. I'll add some extras later, I have a lot more!

• =)

Re: Ever think about the year something opened and what was going on back then?

Disneyland: Opened in July of 1955.

When it opened: Doc Emmett Brown was mere months away from breakthroughs in the field of time travel.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

July 2007: FNSV opened.

What I was doing: Waiting on MiceChat hitting the refresh button every five seconds waiting for a photo report.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Senior Minion

June 1963: Tiki Room

What I was doing: reading and re-reading the National Geographic's special August '63 issue on Disneyland and Audio-Animatronics over and over until the pages were the consistency of old Monopoly money; counting and re-counting the E-Tickets I'd squirreled away from previous trips; conning my kid brother out of two C's from his stash; counting the days until we went to Disneyland.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Disneyland: Opened in July of 1955.

When it opened: Doc Emmett Brown was mere months away from breakthroughs in the field of time travel.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Splash Mountain: June 19, 1989

What was I doing? I was there opening day (13 yrs old). If you thought the Nemo line was long, you wouldn't have liked this one.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001