free KRAFTLAND tix for L.A. United Film Fest

Disneyland collector and film music agent Richard Kraft's award-winning documentary, FINDING KRAFTLAND will be screening at the Los Angeles United Film Festival at the Fine Arts Theatre 8556 Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills, CA on Sunday, April 20 at 3:30pm. Richard Kraft will be in attendance for a Q&A following the screening.

Pairs of free tickets are available to the first five people to request them at [email protected].

This off-beat feature film has been an Official Selection at almost 50 film festivals around the world. Last week it won Best Documentary at the Phoenix International Film Festival.

FINDING KRAFTLAND was written and directed by Richard Kraft and Adam Shell and features interviews with such composers as Christophe Beck, Jon Brion, Danny Elfman, Alan Menken, John Ottman, Trevor Rabin, Graeme Revell and Marc Shaiman. It is hosted by Stacey J. Aswad, star of "Disney World's Top 7 Attractions."

The film follows Kraft as he drags his son through an obsessive quest to recapture his own childhood through a globetrotting trek riding hundreds of roller coasters, collecting thousands of toys and transforming their home into "Kraftland," a shrine to Disneyland and American Consumer Culture. A love story between father and son emerges via an almost maniacal pursuit of happiness.

For more information about the film: www.findingkraftland.com. For more information about the festival: www.launitedfest.com

Re: free KRAFTLAND tix for L.A. United Film Fest

Email sent!

If anyone can at all go, I highyl recomend it. I was lucky enough to catch one screening in which it was just me and the film maker of the next film waiting for theirs to start, dose not mean its not good though. Every Disney fan should check it out if they get a chance.

• Shubisha

would love to come but don't think i'd make it back to the park in time for my shift that night. oh well.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I saw "Finding Kraftland" in Bakersfield... Richards hometown. What a hoot. Many of Richards old classmates were there and he was having a blast. He even invited Tigerlily and me to join him and his friends for a Basque dinner after the show, but we had to beg off and get back to Fresno.
    Finding Kraftland is alot of fun, and what made it even more fun was the Q&A afterwards. Richard has a quick wit ad he made the time spent quite enjoyable.

GO.

HAVE FUN!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
    • Super Hero

I'm in Bako!!! When was this? How did I miss it?

**pout pout**

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post

**pout pout**
    October 15th (I think) 2007
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
    • Super Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post

**pout pout**
    Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    October 15th (I think) 2007

I must have been off saving the world.

Either that or I was in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

Sorry I missed that event; I would have loved to have attended.
    Last edited by Wanda Woman; 04-12-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Premature Submit Syndrome

•   
    • Senior Minion

I saw it at Universal with a couple of MiceChatters and can say that is a highly entertaining film for those that are into collecting.

Here's a pic with (from left to right) Richard Kraft, PEZZLightyear, Rixter, and DisneyIPresume.

A very good looking group!

• insufferable know-it-all

Oh man, I wish I could. Probably working though. But I heard great things about the last time people went!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I saw the film at the Temecula film festival last Sept and wasn't impressed. Yeah, the stuff he has is awesome, but a movie about a couple of rich people buying cool stuff gets old real quick. Conflict is always a good thing, even in documentaries.