Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

I am still going to be disappointed with DCA even after the refurb

First of all, let me say a lot of you guys are just excited about DCA because of all the new rides and such it is going to have and you are giving into the hype but you also have to think about when it is 5 years after the the refurbishment. None of the new rides or lands will become classics and none barely any of them will contain Disney magic. First of all look at Cars land, it is a whole freaking land for ONE movie and the movie wasn't very good in my opinion and wasn't very successful in reviews and box office and no one will have a clue about that movie in the future. Disney shouldn't dedicate a whole land to a movie it just feels like a waste of space. Secondly, there are no new rides that will be original DL rides like Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and almost all the great rides from DL. Instead we get rides based off of movies and I am pretty sure the movie makers didn't set up the films so there will be a good part for a theme park tide. Lastly, I don't know what type of theme they are trying to do with DCA but everything just feels forced together at this stage of the planning. For example, the Cathaway (sp) Theater is trying to be a copy of the castle but I am pretty sure families won't look at it and think how beautiful it is but rather just think of it as another theater they could find in Hollywood. In addition, the refurbishment is starting to lose the Walt Disney rising in Hollywood theme.

This is another DCA failure waiting to happen with another refurb. Awhile ago I made a post of what Disney should've done with DCA and you can check it out in my post history if you are interested. Thank you.

• Minion

Re: I am still going to be disappointed with DCA even after the refurb

There are additional projects and additions to the park after this big one we all know of.
    As of now they really are trying to make it a park worth the ticket price and thats a project all in itself.
    Im upset there are no "original" rides scheduled for this first refurb but who knows what the future will hold.

• For You!

If you're going to be disappointed, then don't go. I love the atmosphere and the feel of DCA, and I'm excited for a few new things to go experience.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Fancy that...

you kind of missed the punch to post this dude

I agree that Carsland shouldn't be based off of ONE movie I think that many of these "problems" can be easily fixed... First off, Carsland can be just themed as the "desert route 66 area" and be re-named... Condor Flats

then the lack of original rides issue can just ease over time( as DCA continues to grow and change)

• =)

I understand your doubts, but I do find it rather funny that I'd come across this thread right after talking in another thread about how the understandable negativity is going a little too far. And while I agree with many of your points, I do have to address this:

None of the new rides or lands will become classics and none barely any of them will contain Disney magic.
    You can say that these attractions are based on films that aren't exactly huge classics, and you can say that the Walt-coming-to-LA theme is being lost, and you can say that you don't like how the Carthay Circle Theater looked...but you can't say right now that the additions will be unmagical non-classics. We don't know that. What if the attractions are done so well that they manage to become thoroughly magical classics, despite whatever thematic issues they undeniably have? It's happened before, such as with the Matterhorn. Who remembers Third Man on the Mountain? Who can convincingly justify its place in either Tomorrowland or Fantasyland? Yet it's a classic. And it's magical.

sorry about my negativity. I was just in a upset mood. I am ussually not a negative person.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Why not WAIT until the park is re-done before poo-pooing it? I mean I get the whole "too many attractions based on movies" thing, believe me I do. But it's better than leaving it the way it is without ANY upgrades or fixes.

It just cracks me up the way people just give something (DCA upgrades, Toy Story Midway Mania, The Simpsons Ride at Universal etc etc) nothing but negative remarks before they or anyone else has even RIDDEN or experienced an attraction or upgrade.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Why not WAIT until the park is re-done before poo-pooing it? I mean I get the whole "too many attractions based on movies" thing, believe me I do. But it's better than leaving it the way it is without ANY upgrades or fixes.

It just cracks me up the way people just give something (DCA upgrades, Toy Story Midway Mania, The Simpsons Ride at Universal etc etc) nothing but negative remarks before they or anyone else has even RIDDEN or experienced an attraction or upgrade.
    Awsome post!!

I actually enjoy DCA now. Some of the new ideas sound great to me, so I look forward with anticipation. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Banned User

The only film that deserves its own land is Star Wars. Cars was actually the worst of the pixar films. I mean the Cars e-ticket looks fun and im looking foward to the flying saucer revival but anything beyond that is overkill.

We need some ORIGINAL non-cartoon tie-in attractions disney!

• Yo!

I'm constantly amazed at how many people can look into the future. Two things....

1.) When did they invent time machines

and
    2.) Why didn't I get the memo??
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Progressive Disneylander

Unbelieveable. They haven't even really begun this huge billion dollar undertaking and it's already being deemed a disappointment.

There is a like a million problems I have with this attitude, but in the end, that's your disappointment to deal with. There are too many people who sweat so much of the small stuff that they forgot how to just enjoy the parks without overthinking it all.

MC is chocfull of folks who currently share your pre-disappointment and will feel the same way in 5-years when it's complete. You'll never be alone in your disappointments concerning DCA and other Disneyland related stuff. Of the threads I've been reading lately, those operating DLR apparently can't seem to do anything right.

People point to the parks and their flaws as the source of their disappointment instead of looking in the mirror and finding out where it really originates.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    The only film that deserves its own land is Star Wars.
    And some would disagree with that.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    Unbelieveable. They haven't even really begun this huge billion dollar undertaking and it's already being deemed a disappointment.

There is a like a million problems I have with this attitude, but in the end, that's your disappointment to deal with. There are too many people who sweat so much of the small stuff that they forgot how to just enjoy the parks without overthinking it all.

MC is chocfull of folks who currently share your pre-disappointment and will feel the same way in 5-years when it's complete. You'll never be alone in your disappointments concerning DCA and other Disneyland related stuff. Of the threads I've been reading lately, those operating DLR apparently can't seem to do anything right.

People point to the parks and their flaws as the source of their disappointment instead of looking in the mirror and finding out where it really originates.
    i'm laughing in agreement(for the most part)

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    Dr. Phil???!!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast