Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Enclosed Fantasyland Theatre in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    I've heard that the FL theatre was going to be replaced for a while now, hopefully it happens soon. Currently you can spot the tents or "cone bras" as others have jokingly called it peaking out behind the castle, which is a big eyesore. Although I would like a Hyperion-style theatre to replace it, if they actually build a theatre the size of the hyperion it would be an even bigger eyesore (If you've seen the Hyperion apart from the HPB facade facing the park, it's just a big warehouse like structure)

I'm sure we'll get a smaller version of the Hyperion, but not as large and Broadway-caliber because of this. Hopefully they wont put PhillharMagic, Finding Nemo, or Toy Story in here. PhillharMagic is nice but as with all movie-based attractions gets old after a while (plus it already exists in two other disney parks, do we really need another clone??). Finding Nemo is an okay show but not as good as Aladdin at DCA in my opinion, the reason being that Finding Nemo never had songs in the movie so there's no "connection," while in Aladdin you are hearing all the memorable songs from the film, along with Aladdin's added funny tidbits here and there. And do we really need a Toy Story show in Fantasyland of all places? I'm hoping for an original production based on one of the "classic" Disney films, but at this point anything other than what's currently there will be an upgrade. I wouldn't keep my hopes up if they announce Year of A Million Dreams, Part III for '09 though (hopefully the princesses can find elsewhere to do meet & greets, do they really need an entire theatre for this?)
    Thank you for your honesty and I agree that they should make their own version of enclosed theatres. They might use it without balconies. Now, like I said before, to me I suggest they should do a Disney Musical revue starring Mickey Mouse and other characters from Disney Traditional Animated Films. I think they can do it, in your case without Pixar movies.
    Last edited by TsWade2; 04-14-2008 at 09:24 PM.

• Addicted to MC since '08

This is just a thought but if Disney does decide to build a full size theater like the Hyperion (Hopefull they won't), what if they made the theater partially underground, allowing for a lower roof? This is just a thought.

• Sock Puppet

Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Hercules... any of the big "classic" type movies from the 90s era and before would be welcome Broadway style shows that could be added here. Just not a clone or Toy Story, but honestly again at this point anything than what's there now.

Quote Originally Posted by TsWade2 View Post
    Thank you for your honesty and I agree that they should make their own version of enclosed theatres. They might use it without balconies. Now, I like I said before, to me I suggest they should a Disney Musical revue starring Mickey Mouse and other characters from Disney Traditional Animated Films. I think they can do it, in your case without Pixar movies.
    Your welcome. And thanks for not getting mad at me this time for making the "cone bra" reference

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Hercules... any of the big "classic" type movies from the 90s era and before would be welcome Broadway style shows that could be added here. Just not a clone or Toy Story, but honestly again at this point anything than what's there now.

Your welcome. And thanks for not getting mad at me this time for making the "cone bra" reference
    I don't get the cone bra joke actually.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

hmmmm, this really sounds like it belongs in the "Rumor" category, but not "News", I just wonder if anyone else has heard any other imagineering ideas about what is going to happen to this princess fantasy fair area. Are there any reports on how popular it is? Are the sales for the princess make overs doing as well as Disney wanted? If that's the case, it's really hard for me to believe that this will be going away anytime soon. And what about the possible addition of Hannah Montana style makeovers being added to the mix. Unless a different area is available for those, I'm afraid a new show in Fantasyland is still a long ways away!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    hmmmm, I just wonder if anyone else has heard any other imagineering ideas about what is going to happen to this princess fantasy fair area. Are there any reports on
    how popular it is? Are the sales for the princess make overs doing as well as Disney
    wanted? If that's the case, it's really hard for me to believe that this will be going
    away anytime soon. And what about the possible addition of Hannah Montana style makeovers being added to the mix. Unless a different area is available for those,
    I'm afraid a new show in Fantasyland is still a long ways away!
    Don't be silly. I'm sure they'll announce the new show very soon. I can feel it. Trust me. It will.

well the Toy story musical has debutted on the disney cruise line already. It is possible that by then it be moved to the parks. Also Toy Story 3 debuts in 2010. It would be the perfect promotional synergy for the movie along with the other two attractions already in Disneyland and DCA.

I would prefer that a new musical be made for the 2010 debut of the new Disney animated movie Rapunzel. It would be something new and fresh and fit the land perfectly.

The theater would most likely have to be built down in the ground a bit. The cone canopy is basically built that way to help water run-off and trash from collecting. It really does not need to be that tall for what it is now
    Last edited by Baloo; 04-14-2008 at 09:46 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'd love the FL Theatre to be an actual theatre again, but not with a Pixar musical!!!

I'm really sick of all this Pixar overload. Even if the show is individually of great quality, it is downgraded by the simple fact that there's so much Pixar overkill in the parks already!

I don't understand why the Disney company has mostly ignored their Disney Renaissance films. They have been seriously underutilized in terms of the parks and should appreciate what they have made.

At least The Little Mermaid attraction is finally being created.

Anyway, I think that if a new musical is put into the FL Theatre, it should be from the Disney Renaissance or a classic Disney film.

If they were to opt for Sleeping Beauty, I would think it should open for the film's anniversary, which is this coming January.

I'd love to see a version of Beauty and the Beast, but I'm not so sure the company would want to do that. (But I honestly think that if they brought a new yet edited version of the actual Broadway version, people would come in flocks to see it, as us West coasters can't just drop everything to go to NY).

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

im gald at this news, i hope that it is a stage show and not another gag to suck adults wallets clean
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by TsWade2 View Post
    Don't be silly. I'm sure they'll announce the new show very soon. I can feel it. Trust me. It will.
    I'd like to see stage show again in a Fantasyland theater, but liking, wishing, wanting, hoping, and feeling, doesn't mean it will happen. If you can tell us how you obtained this piece of info, from whom, etc, to build yourself some credibility for this rumour.

Is it just me, or is this entire thread based off of a seven month old rumor from a blog post that already has many errors or things that didn't pan out? Wait, it's not just me, that's what is actually happening here in this thread.

I love the BlueSkyDisney blog, don't get me wrong. But the OP linked us to a seven month old page from that blog that threw out a bunch of predictions and rumored happenings, some of which already hasn't panned out. If that BlueSkyDisney blog was to be believed back in September '07, then the first Disneyland Hotel tower would already be half way through its massive refurbishment. And thus far, nothing has happened at the Disneyland Hotel. Al Lutz had a good explanation for that, but it just proves that the blog in question is not some amazing fortune teller.

If the Fantasyland Theater is going to be transformed into an indoor venue for Spring, 2010, then the construction equipment needed to move in last week to get started. That hasn't happened, and there hasn't been a peep about this except for this seven month old rumor we are now discussing here.

In short, it ain't gonna happen by 2010, that is a definite. And since there isn't a peep about this anywhere else, I would bet it would be 2012 at the very earliest if this is even a concept anyone is seriously considering.

Princess Fantasy Faire, your lease on life has been renewed for a couple more years!

I noticed a few are hoping for a beauty and the beast show at FL theater... they already did that in FL theater, then it went Broadway now its in florida and broadway..I remember they did pochantas show there which i thought was better than the movie itself. I am very excited they are enclosing the theater it will improve any show they choose because the lighting wont only be the sun. Has anyone ever notice now entering the park looking at the castle you can now see the top of the FL theater??? did they cut a tree down making it more visible??

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Drum-&-Train View Post
    I noticed a few are hoping for a beauty and the beast show at FL theater... they already did that in FL theater, then it went Broadway now its in florida and broadway..I remember they did pochantas show there which i thought was better than the movie itself. I am very excited they are enclosing the theater it will improve any show they choose because the lighting wont only be the sun. Has anyone ever notice now entering the park looking at the castle you can now see the top of the FL theater??? did they cut a tree down making it more visible??
    I like the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast which I saw on tour. The WDW version was very poorly staged and would make no sense unless you were very familiar with the movie.

• Banned User

Actually, I think...okay before I thought of something please don't make fun of me and try to be honest..I think the Princess Fantasy Faire will end somewhere in 2009 and they might start constructing the theatre after the Fantasy Faire is gone. And it will open in Spring or Summer 2010 with a new show. Now I was just guessing and I'm hope I'm right. Now, I would like to see a Disney revue with Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters. But the idea of a stageshow of The Princess & the Frog or Sleeping Beauty is not a bad idea.

Just to let you people know that I have OCD and I'm very autistic. And I'm learning no matter what your opinions are, but I still believe that they made a show for Fantasyland Theatre. So, please be nice and honest. You can disagree with me. But please be nice to me. Because I have ups and downs problem with my favorite theatre. But I'm doing okay so far.
    Last edited by TsWade2; 04-20-2008 at 07:38 PM.

• Banned User

Here's another news about Fantasyland Theatre. Blueskydisney gave another scoop of the idea of an indoor Fantasyland Theatre idea and they said they're going to be up for approval later this year with upcoming Disney stageshow. YAY! Here's the link:http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/se...max-results=50 And here's what it says just in case you can't find.

In Fantasyland, the plans for a new indoor theater will also be up for approval later this year. If approved, we could see a new enclosed theater done in time for a new, extravagant stage show being developed for the park's anniversary. Baxter is working to make sure the exterior's theming reflects the Fantasyland area that it will be surrounded by.

So this is going to be promising.
    Last edited by TsWade2; 04-22-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast