Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Enclosed Fantasyland Theatre in 2010

Hey everybody,

I heard some hopefully good news for Fantasyland Theatre. As soon as Princess Fantasy Faire is over, they're going to turn Fantasyland Theatre into an enclosed theatre. Just like from Hyperion Theatre. Animal Kingdom turned Theater of the Wild into enclosed theatre for Finding Nemo: The Musical. Now, remember when Fantasyland or Videopolis Theatre was an outdoor theatre and you've been interrupted by a train whistle and screaming people from the Toontown roller coaster? Then my friends, you're troubles will be over. I found it on this link:http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/20...m-october.html If that didn't work, then look at this:

The area where the Fantasyland theater has been is getting a great deal of attention as they plans to put a new enclosed theater in are becoming more crystalized. Expect this to possibly come about by spring/summer 2010.

That's right. The theatre will be renewed and reopen with hopefully a new show I would expect to see in 2010. As part of Disneyland's 55th Anniversary. Guess my dream of a new show for Fantasyland Theatre will come true after all. WHEE!

• Minion

Re: Enclosed Fantasyland Theatre in 2010

Yeah he also said a while back that they will have toy story be the play.
    sounds really cool I think.

• Fancy that...

I'm not a fan of Stage shows but... I'm guessing that this is a good thing for Disneyland :/ *shrugs*

This is amazing news. I've been clamoring for this ever since I was 12 and started posting on Disney message boards. Hence, it calls for a rare present day posting...

Ever since I went to see Animazement back in 2000, I've refused to see another show in there since because it is just too distracting. Sea World and Universal does outdoor theaters best, as they're ABOVE the ground and AWAY from other attractions, which severely eliminates noise problems.

Now, they will truly complete my dreams if the show inside the theatre is Finding Nemo: The Musical...

• Queen Elsa

Please no Finding Nemo Musical. I have never like that movie and we already have a ride we don't need another Nemo thing there. Beside Nemo is not fantasy. Fantasy is Tinkerbell,Dumbo,Cinderella,Peter Pan,Robin Hood. Stuff like that. So no Nemo.

• Fancy that...

one thing that I can get into would be..What will the outside architecture look like? hopefully it's actualy themed and won't just look like a warehouse/office building

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh! This is truly exciting news! I've always wanted another nice musical stage show for Disneyland's Fantasyland. Maybe they could do something in California like what they've done at Hong Kong Disneyland--where they have the Storybook Theatre. (Inside they have the Golden Mickey's) Or, if they want, maybe it's time for 'Black Cauldron--the Musical' to finally be sprung upon an unsuspecting public!

ORGOCH: Only if'n I's the one who gits ta sing the song I wrote way back when; the same one that got cut out at the last minute--'Who Let the Frogs Out?'

• Addicted to MC since '08

They should convert the new theater into Mickey's PhilharMagic. I don't know if stageshows are a great idea or not. Besdies, Disneyland needs another 4-D show I think.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Besdies, Disneyland needs another 4-D show I think.
    Please tell me you're kidding...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    They should convert the new theater into Mickey's PhilharMagic. I don't know if stageshows are a great idea or not. Besdies, Disneyland needs another 4-D show I think.
    They're thinking to put Mickey's Philharmagic where MuppetVision 3D is. But they shelved it. And theme parks are suppose to have stageshows. In fact, I was thinking what show they should do that might fit as Fantasyland Theatre. But it's not Finding Nemo or Toy Story. I'm thinking they should do a Disney Musical Revue. Maybe similar to Animazemment. And maybe since Walt Disney World has articulated characters, we should have them too.
    Last edited by TsWade2; 07-20-2008 at 07:38 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Oh! This is truly exciting news! I've always wanted another nice musical stage show for Disneyland's Fantasyland. Maybe they could do something in California like what they've done at Hong Kong Disneyland--where they have the Storybook Theatre. (Inside they have the Golden Mickey's) Or, if they want, maybe it's time for 'Black Cauldron--the Musical' to finally be sprung upon an unsuspecting public!

ORGOCH: Only if'n I's the one who gits ta sing the song I wrote way back when; the same one that got cut out at the last minute--'Who Let the Frogs Out?'
    I like your taste of guessing ladies. Except for Black Cauldron the musical. But maybe The Golden Mickeys won't be a bad idea.

• Circle of Ancients

There was a rumor floating around a while back that Sleeping Beauty would be the next show in the FL Theater... I'd love to see that.

• Circle of Ancients

We would be lucky to get Finding Nemo: The Musical in Disneyland. It's quite simply the best theme park stage show I've EVER seen. But I'd like to see it replace Aladdin and Philharmagic go in the FL theatre.

• Banned User

First of all, I want to thank you all for for trying to be honest as you can. Second of all, for those of you who do not like the idea of stageshows, I don't care what you say. Because I been dreaming about getting a new stageshow at Fantasyland Theatre with possibly Mickey Mouse and other Disney Characters and it's part of my wish. And pretty soon if the rumor is true, then my wish will come true. I've been going ups and downs thinking about Fantasyland Theatre. But when I heard the news about the theatre and the new parade coming next year, I felt better and looking foward to it. So, no matter what negative comment you guys say to my favorite theatre, I am never going to give up my dream. I learned it from Walt himself.

• I'm Flying High

I think Sleeping Beauty would be great, or perhaps now that BATB has ended its Broadway run, that could be there,
    The daydream princess

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast