• Basking in birthday love

Question Disney Treasures DVDs at the parks

So I'm in the sort of mood where I want to buy myself something nice, and preferably something Disney. A chat with dramaqueen has turned my attention to the super cool Disney Treasures DVDs. I've seen them in the park, but they've been too much for my souvenir budget in the past. So now I'm curious: does anyone know which of these are still available in the parks? I'd rather not spend a ton of money on one and have it shipped out when I can pick it up the next time I'm at Off the Page.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

Re: Disney Treasures DVDs at the parks

I'm guessing only the latest wave is still available since the others are moratorium. If you can't find one, Ebay and Amazon are your best choices, but expect to pay out of the nose. I waited too long to buy the first Mickey Mouse in Living Color, and had to pay $80 bucks for it!

• Shieldmaiden

Saw the following Treasures last week in the park:

Mickey Mouse Club
    Tomorrowland
    On the Front Lines
    Mickey Mouse in Color, vol. 2
    Mickey Mouse in B&W, vol. 2
    Complete Pluto, vol. 1
    Complete Donald

I think that was it....most are available at Disneyana as well.
    "Then the heart of Eowyn changed, or else at last she understood it."
    ~The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien

Looking for Faramir...

I bought a set at COSTCO I think the price was around 100$. The set included Silly Symphonies, Mickey, Goofy, Disneyland USA, and a couple others I cant remember. The greatest one has to be Disneyland USA. It has the complete grand opening coverage with dedication speech and all. It also includes an awesome Disneyland after dark segment. Lots of video of Walt.

• oh bugger

It is really hard to get the old copies but I was at Fred Meyer and they had the Mickey Mouse Black and White second edition and the On the Front Lines one for like 24.99. Once the edition is sold out at a store you can generally only find them online at amazon.com. They get more expensive all the time. I only have the Disneyland USA one and it is awesome, I wish I had more of them, they are wonderful pieces of Disney history.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

You will not go wrong with these collections. Just be sure to get them when they come out to avoid paying a premium. Our favorites are the Disneyland U.S.A., Tomorrowland, and the Mickey Mouse Club ones. Very well done; just wish they would do more of the park stuff - maybe in the future.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    So I'm in the sort of mood where I want to buy myself something nice, and preferably something Disney. A chat with dramaqueen has turned my attention to the super cool Disney Treasures DVDs. I've seen them in the park, but they've been too much for my souvenir budget in the past. So now I'm curious: does anyone know which of these are still available in the parks? I'd rather not spend a ton of money on one and have it shipped out when I can pick it up the next time I'm at Off the Page.
    Aerin, I hope you get the private message that I sent to you. The Disney Treasures sell very cheap on Amazon, but they do not come with tins. However the Dvd's sold on Amazon are not fakes and most of the DVD sellers still sell the Disney Treasures DVD's in the shrink wrap that Buena Vista shipped them out in. I have purchased two of the Disney Treasures on Amazon and I have had 100% satisfactory with the sellers service and I will probably buy more treasures from them soon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I'm guessing only the latest wave is still available since the others are moratorium. If you can't find one, Ebay and Amazon are your best choices, but expect to pay out of the nose. I waited too long to buy the first Mickey Mouse in Living Color, and had to pay $80 bucks for it!

You paid $80 for it? Wow. On Amazon, the most expesive Disney Treasures was Goofy which was $50+. But everything else Of the Treasures that I bought on Amazon was no higher than $30.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Aerin, I hope you get the private message that I sent to you. The Disney Treasures sell very cheap on Amazon, but they do not come with tins. However the Dvd's sold on Amazon are not fakes and most of the DVD sellers still sell the Disney Treasures DVD's in the shrink wrap that Buena Vista shipped them out in. I have purchased two of the Disney Treasures on Amazon and I have had 100% satisfactory with the sellers service and I will probably buy more treasures from them soon.
    Oh, I love Amazon. I'm a seller there myself; I bought a ton of old textbooks from a friend and have been reselling them for a shiny profit on the site. I just figure that the ones at the park might end up being cheaper since I don't have to pay shipping. I dunno, I'm going to shop around. (Especially since most of my buy-myself-something-nice budget went to renewing and upgrading my AP...)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

If you can find a copy of Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studio, get it!
    This, IMO, is very underrated and the best of the treasures. Not only does it have "The Reluctant Dragon" feature film which shows the daily workings at the Disney Studio circa late 30's, but three Disneyland TV episodes hosted by Walt about animation, plus some other docs about the studios. Great and very valuable info for those who love Disney history. Also very re-watchable.