Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you be happy or sad if Disney announced another park expansion.

Not like an expansion to Disneyland, would actually like that, but a whole other them park for Disneyland Resort. The reason I ask this is because there are rumors of another theme park could be coming to Disneyland Resort.

In my opinion, I would say work on the original Disneyland till you get it perfect, which would maybe never happen. Then you can move on and work on your next masterpiece. It goes along with the expression, " You gotta work with what you got."

What do you think?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: Would you be happy or sad is Disney announced another park expansion.

These "rumors" that you speak of have been around for years, and these topics have also been around for nearly that much. The search tool is your friend, mate.

I agree with you, BTW. Disney should get the 2nd one perfect before beginning a 3rd one.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Addicted to MC since '08

Yeah, Disney should get the 2nd under control before they begin construction on park no. 3.

Disneyland is fine the way its is just need to keep up the maintenance and its perfect as for another park that would be freakin awesome dont see it happening in the next 10years the rumor that Disney would add another park as been going around for years
    Power Levels At Maximum *BEEP* Locking Launch Cordinates

RCT3 Universal Web Site v
    http://www.freewebs.com/mattatt14
    The world was built on Imagination

• revolutionary waltz

Fix up the areas in Disneyland (Tomorrowland, Toontown, Frontierland) and DCA (most/all of it) that need the most help and then we'll talk. I think it'd just be a waste of money otherwise. :S

More recycled rumors? A 3rd gate is at least 15 years out.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

if it was just like tokyo disney seas I would love it

in fact they can bulldoze almost all of dca and just put it in there it even has a lagoon to use and a mountain that can be turned into a volcano if you cut off the grizzly bear head that looks so so fake!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

The "expansion" is a Billion Plus for DCA, first.

Don't count on ANY announcements on a 3rd park until they've finished the current Billion makeover.

• Fancy that...

Re: Would you be happy or sad if Disney announced another park expansion.

A third gate WILL happen

just not soon

I understand (and agree) that a new park shouldn't happen till' some of the bugs with the current ones are worked out, but that dosn't mean we can't think up ideas for a third gate here's one idea

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Eh, I agree. Fix DCA so most of the population likes it, then worry about making a third gate.

Though I don't know why we need a third gate, honestly. Why can't we just have two?
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Yeah I would rather have just stuck with Disneyland than expanded it from that.

• =)

I wouldn't be happy or sad. I'd feel mingled excitement and annoyance. There's inherent excitement, naturally--I'd start wonder what they'd dream up and so forth. But at this point I'd be annoyed, since DCA is a patently needy child in the Disney Parks™ ©® etc. family. Give it some attention. No, give it a lot of attention. Make it a great resort that doesn't need a third gate to make it a magical getaway. And then, if you've got the money, then build a third gate that sets the bar that much higher.

And that's how it's gonna go down. Sorta.

• Minion

One step at a time, one step at a time:

1. DCA refurb
    2. Fix up all the areas in DL that need work (Frontierland, Tomorrowland, Toontown, as mentioned earlier)
    3. THEN maybe a third gate, but it needs time. If management is too hasty, you end up with things like DCA in its first year.
    The daydream princess

• Progressive Disneylander

There will always be rumors of a 3rd gate because people want a 3rd gate and because there will inevitably be one. Should that time be now though? No. DL is not the park that needs love. Generally, it is 'perfect'. DCA is the one that needs love right now. Until they have that squared away, there is no need to have a 3rd gate.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I definitely don't think that another park would be built any time soon. But i think that ideas are in the works. Everyone keeps saying that they shouldn't even think of building another park because DL and DCA need so much work already. Walt said that the one thing he loved most about his parks was that fact that they would "never be finished". I agree with that, there will never be a perfect park because changes will continually be made through the years.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast