Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

The Clinkerbelle's Food and Wine and Fun Trip Report

Our original plan this weekend was to come down today with Grandma and the kids and then they could go and play while we did our wine tasting class.

After the weather turned VERY unseasonably hot, and since Grandma doesn't do well with heat, we convinced the kids to stay at Grandma's last night and we decided to make a weekend out of it.

Our original plan was to go to DCA last night to preview some food and wine stuff, but as you will see, we got a MUCH better thing than that.

We were going to stop by the Dustyfishbulb's just to say hi for a bit when Fishbulb called and said he was kidnapping us. Okay we says ... can't think of too many people we'd rather be kidnapped by.

Our destination

After waiting about 15-20 minutes for our cupcakes, we were on our way.

Fishbulb

Our cupcakes

Ready to eat

After our Sprinkles adventure, we had the choice of heading to DCA or going to lunch with Dusty, Fishbulb and Al Lutz. As much as we love DCA, we just couldn't pass up a dinner with some of our favorite people.

We had a scrumptious BBQ dinner, and then got to watch Cleopatra Jones with the Al Lutz commentary. I have to say, it was one of the better movie viewing experiences ever!!!!

After all that, we headed to our hotel to call it a night.

This morning, we were about the 10th car into Parking Lot X

Ain't she purty!!!

The "Pathway"

After getting in the park, and getting some grapes to tide us over, we headed for Indy

And then a quick ride on Pirates, then off to DCA. We had plans.

The festival welcome center ...

Doesn't quite convey the same awesomeness as the EPCOT welcome center for their food and wine festival (which is in the Body Wars/Cranium Command building), but you gotta go with what works I guess.

The offerings for today

There was some point of contention if these are real grapes, or "Disney" grapes

After meeting up with Rixter, Mickeymaxx, IndianaJenn and Joe, we headed for Hollywood and Monsters Inc.

The Food and Wine offering at Award Weiners ... sounds yummy

Mickeymaxx

The Indiana's ... Joe and Jenn.

Monsters

The Food and Wine offering at Bountiful Family Farm ... doesn't sound too good to me

Rixter coming back from getting Soarin' FP's

The Food and Wine offering at Cucina Cucomonga ... yummers

The Food and Wine offerings at Fortune Cookery ... now this is what I'm talkin' about

McCow1 and Mary Read joined us at the wharf and we patiently waited for 11am to try some samplings

This is what we had

Cheese Plate

Wild Mushroom Risotto (My personal favorite)

Lobster Lollipop

Pepper Crusted Beef Tenderloin Slider (quite yummy)

Sauvignon Blanc

Rixter and Mickeymaxx had the Hummus, which was also very good

Cat Cora from Iron Chef America was doing a cooking demonstration around the corner. Afterwards she was signing autographs and taking pictures

Sir C and Cat C.

Sir C, Cat C. and Rixter

After our snack and sweating (it was quite warm) we headed for Golden Dreams since some in our party had never seen it.

I can see myself in your eyes (isn't that a song or something)

We all then headed for Napa Rose and our Wine Tasting class with Michael Jordan (not that one)

The 4 wines we would be tasting today

And as the class went on, the glasses kept getting empty

All Done

After our class, we went for a search for real food.

I have to say, the class was amazing. If any of you are signed up for future classes, you will NOT be disappointed. Michael Jordan knows his stuff, is very entertaining in the class and of course, you get to try some yummy wines.

Flowers outside Golden Dreams

The Food and Wine offering at Corn Dog Castle ... I need to try this next time

Of course, on our way to Taste Pilots, we got distracted. Belle and Rixter with their Rosa Regale.

Vines

The Food and Wine feature at Taste Pilots (I thought they could have done more than this personally ... but the Hefeweizen was good)

After our meal we were going to use our Soarin' Fastpasses, but it was a 40 minute wait for the FP line. The stand-by was at 145 minutes. That's 2 hours and 25 minutes folks. To say it was a busy day at DCA would be an understatement.

So we decided to say our goodbye's. I don't think I've ever had more fun at a theme park on a day when we only rode 3 things (and Golden Dreams). It was a great group of people, Belle and I both learned ALOT about wine and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

A couple of things I think they could have done better, with the entire festival as a whole:

The Welcome Center could have been in Hollywood and Dine, and they also could have done the cooking demonstrations in there (like EPCOT). Not only would this have been easier, but I'm sure everybody could have enjoyed the Air Conditioning today. Plus, somebody sitting on a chair, with a laptop and no festival information on the tables doesn't really scream "Welcome". They really needed to have more information on the actual tables. The sign that was in the picture would have been sufficient without taking up all that space.

I realize that DCA's Food and Wine isn't anywhere as big as the one at EPCOT, but if they want to be recognized, they could go the extra mile a bit. They also ran out of Cat Cora's book yesterday, so they were unavailable for purchase, etc. I found this rather surprising. Not that I was going to buy one, but you'd think you'd have plenty of books for your featured chef.

That said, we had a tremendous time, and I can't wait for the reception in 2 weeks.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: The Clinkerbelle's Food and Wine and Fun Trip Report

Very cool Clinks. Sorry the weather was so scalding. I'd love a trip report where after the wine, all the photos were blurry. See you soon!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great TR and I love Sprinkles!!! The Red Velvet cupcake is my favorite. If you don't feel like making the drive to get another they do sell the mixes at Williams Sonoma. You guys managed to look like one cool bunch despite the wicked heat!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

SusieP and I tried three of the same samplings as you, the Slider, the risotto and the lobster. SO GOOD!!!
    \

He just can't take a bad picture!! Handsome thing

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Off to Neverland

i need 2 go 2 sprinkles!!!

•   
    • Seasick

Looks like a fun and well-done event. Since I loathe wine, reading this report is as close as I'll come to attending any wine-related event.

Of course, I did enjoy the food portion of the event at Epcot, so I'm sure I'd enjoy that aspect of this event as well. I totally want that Lobster on a stick.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Today was blazing hot but so fun! Thanks to my fellow "classmates" for making it such a great day. I learned so much ... although by the 4th wine I think MickeyMaxx and I were getting a little giggly. Rixter didn't help.

I tried the hummus and the mini bread bowl with cheese soup at the wharf. They were really good too.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Thanks for the heads up on the chili cheese dog! I did not make the connection that DCA's festival would be similar to EPCOT's. Ooops. Now that I know I will head on over and take a picture of the corn dog and let you know what to expect.

• Again! Again! Again!

Yay for pictures!! Glad you guys had a good weekend. It was good to see you today even if it was for a brief moment.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Oh my ... Rosa Regale is one of my favorite drinks there ... so much so that I tend to buy a whole bottle and share it whenever I get the opportunity. Great TR Sir Clinks, I can't wait to get down to one of those events myself - it all looks so delicious!

• Mickey is not my Brother

Wonderful Food and Wine TR, just wondering but what is the average price one would spend in a day of food and wine tasting?

Is there more to do then last year?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4 View Post
    Yay for pictures!!
    Wow, someone went to a wine event and posted pictures, what a concept!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Wow, someone went to a wine event and posted pictures, what a concept!

At least I had my camera.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4 View Post

At least I had my camera.
    Wouldn't have mattered if I had mine, both hands were full with glasses of wine!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Why do you take the "pathway"? Why not the tram? My hotel is right outside "Parking lot X" and I always just take the tram-- is walking faster? Where is the pathway?
    I can never tell from the photos.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast