Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Video of Jungle Cruise pre-indy?

Is there any video footage of the Jungle Cruise on the net from before they built the Indiana Jones ride? I want to see what scenes, AA's, etc. were removed from the ride when they built indy.

Re: Video of Jungle Cruise pre-indy?

It was more a matter of relocating several scenes, but yeah, I'd like to see that. I'll bet I know someone who could help out in this thread. Rumor has it he used to work on the Jungle Cruise...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I'd suggest checking out:

Special Exhibit Articles
    Reconstructing Disneyland: Adventureland

http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/fami...and/index.html

it has terrific video and photos like this:

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• "I Break Things"

Who would that be?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

Better yet, how about photos or video of the construction of the Indy queue and resulting rerouting of the river?

• "I Break Things"

When I get home I will see if I have an old JC map... no promises... I know which scenes were removed, but I think a visual would be much more effective

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

• ISTC Instructor

Changes to Jungle Cruise when Indy Moved Next Door

Please Ignore this post. It is a duplicate post. I would delete it If I knew how to. Go to this thread instead: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ndy-94575.html
    Last edited by DocPaddock; 04-14-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post
    Always follow your dreams...

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

so we lost the cool AA bird tho I think he is upstairs now in the queue line over the stairs going up... gee you thinkthey could have stuck him on the ride somewhere and now that I think of it there should be alot of aa birds on JC!

JC is best in the dark

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• "I Break Things"

Couldn't find that map... pissing myself off right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    so we lost the cool AA bird tho I think he is upstairs now in the queue line over the stairs going up...
    He is. Beautiful Hornbill, and I actually like him where he is now because he adds a great deal of character.

Ahh found the map portion I was looking for. Even if my scanner is semi broken, and Photobucket didn't want to work... I still got it on here! I will explain for individuals like my good friend D who are easily lost!

The dock area is at the top of the map. The big white spot on the left side is where Indy now is. The big part of Manhattan that looks like a thumb is what is missing, removed so that after the Rainforest it is a straight shot to the Sunken City.

So to answer what was moved.
    • Toucans were placed under S. Falls, moved back to rainforest in 04
    • Bob was moved to Sunken City, then moved up on Manhattan in 04
    • Giant Spider was completely removed. Smaller crappy spiders added in 04
    • Smiley removed
    • Hornbill and crocs removed. Hornbill placed in Boathouse
    [quote]now that I think of it there should be a lot of aa birds on JC!/quote] GM you would appreciate my rather heated discussion with WDI in relation to the lack of birds in the rainforest. Tiki wanted replacement birds for maintainence. We could have ordered 7 on Tiki's budget, given them 3, and had 4 beautiful parrots in the rainforest and only paid for the labor and materials to install them. That was a small snipet of a rather lengthy "What the happened?" monologue in regards to the 50th refurb!

•   
    • I <3 °o°

how about the 35th anniversary special

Charlie Fleischer is the captain, not sure if it shows what you want

Coconut Charlie
    (its about 4 minutes in)
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    how about the 35th anniversary special

Charlie Fleischer is the captain, not sure if it shows what you want

Coconut Charlie
    (its about 4 minutes in)

HAHAHAHA!!! I almost linked that as well! THAT is one of my all time favorite DL tv specials!!!! I'm hoping the Jungle Cruise movie will be as fun as that special!

• =)

I will explain for individuals like my good friend D who are easily lost!
    You know, I could come down on you harder than Schweitzer Falls in '04 for that one, but I'm gonna let that one slide, my good friend.

Just because I'm ever so lost, I'm gonna bring up something interesting. I don't doubt your overall incredible knowledge of the WFJC, techskip, but the area you're saying was altered does show up more or less unaltered in a backstage evacuation map I've seen a photo of. Indy is clearly visible on that map, too. Anyway, I'm not trying to say you're outright wrong; it could have been a screw-up on the part of whoever created the map. But it is...interesting.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    You know, I could come down on you harder than Schweitzer Falls in '04 for that one, but I'm gonna let that one slide, my good friend.
    I couldn't resist... sorry D.

Just because I'm ever so lost, I'm gonna bring up something interesting. I don't doubt your overall incredible knowledge of the WFJC, techskip, but the area you're saying was altered does show up more or less unaltered in a backstage evacuation map I've seen a photo of. Indy is clearly visible on that map, too. Anyway, I'm not trying to say you're outright wrong; it could have been a screw-up on the part of whoever created the map. But it is...interesting.
    D... ride the J.C. it's not there! I see what you are talking about with the map and it could easily be an oversight but AFTER the rainforest you have a straight shot to the Sunken City. They shaved off that entire thumb and where the river was Indy's exterior queue and exit now occupy. There is a much smaller turn... but nothing like it was. It used to go all the way out to the Swiss Treehouse. I do not have access to it but there is a blueprint map in the Shipping Office. Speaking of blueprints someone could likely pull those, not sure where people get them but it would be worth a look just to prove the point.

Oh and this was a 1980's training manual I pulled the map from.

• =)

Hey hey, I believe you. I was just pointing out an interesting oversight on the part of whoever put together that map. Which decreases my faith in other things it shows... Also, I found a blueprint that does show the correct path next to the Indy, which is exactly as you said.

I couldn't resist... sorry D.
    Sigh...you're forgiven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast