Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disneyland's new CD is out, and is apparently now the Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom logos aside, at least we got some better cover artwork and packaging design than the last "Official Album"... I was going to buy the the last album for the complete Space Mountain track alone, but after seeing the cover art I refused. If they're going to charge $25 for 2 discs then they better make it look nice.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
    • Super Hero

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Great heads up--thanks. It's too bad there are no Rod Miller tracks--I hear the Miller tunes can double as pain-killers...

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ler-88498.html
    They do, indeed, Mr. Swab!!

Thanks for the heads up, almandot. Looks like something I need to buy this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Now I'm really confused, can someone explain to me the history behind the names?

Was the park officially called "Disneyland" when it opened and where did the "Magic Kingdom" title come from, was it Walt's nickname for the park or something?

I'm fine with "Magic Kingdom" in one of the older train spiels the conductor says "....for a grand circle tour of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom..."
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    So this is basically the 2 disc 50th set, with the Space theme (released last year), and FNSV.

And I can only assume it has the Magic Kingdom logo, because they plan to sell it there as well.
    And Monsters Inc.

Any track-listing for the WDW CD? I've been waiting for Nemo (ride) and Grand Fiesta Tour so I can finish my videos from last year.

EDIT: Guess I should have read the entire thread. Thanks Almandot.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

almandot -- How complete is the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage track? It is just the score - or does it include dialogue as well?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    almandot -- How complete is the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage track? It is just the score - or does it include dialogue as well?
    At 15:12 I'd say it's probably the complete ride.

• Progressive Disneylander

I have the 50th set (and the 6 CD set as well) and I know last year's edition wasn't enough to make me feel like I needed the updated version.

This one, however, could possibly make me consider otherwise. The new 15-minute long Nemo track is intriguing as well as Monsters Inc., HISTA, Small World Clock Parade, the current Space Mountain song with the proper intro, Bug's area music, and a 10-minute SM medley.

IMO, I'd like to have a more fleshed out Indiana Jones, Star Tours and Tower of Terror tracks that go a little beyond the bare-bones ride song on these park CDs.
    Last edited by KISSman; 04-15-2008 at 03:13 PM.

• Lowering Expectations

Another missed opportunity with this Official Album was failing to update the Pirates of the Caribbean track to reflect the sound and voice changes made in '06.

The current version of the PotC track is also extremely repetitive. The last three minutes of the track is the Yo Ho singing looped three times, and unlike the Haunted Mansion track - which focuses in and adds ghouls singing Grim Grinning Ghosts each time, creating variety - we hear the same pirates singing every time! I would much prefer hearing some of the various ambiance within the initial caverns, or the score behind the cannon battle. Heck, even get some of Cptn. Sparrow mumbling the song.

One remark about the Grand Marshal Pre-parade track: it's an interesting choice. It makes me wonder how come it wasn't released on a CD devoted to Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams, which we are still waiting on to be (and now that it's nearing the end of its life, has little hope of being) officially released.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 04-15-2008 at 02:56 PM.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I was going to buy the the last album for the complete Space Mountain track alone, but after seeing the cover art I refused. If they're going to charge $25 for 2 discs then they better make it look nice.

Ugh, I completely agree and made my CD decision buying with the same logic. Hideous.

I love the Nemo music, so I am excited alone for that.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Disneyland has been unofficially called the Magic Kingdom since they broke ground in 1954.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Disneyland has been unofficially called the Magic Kingdom since they broke ground in 1954.
    Agreed--it is even in the DLRR train announcement (or used to be--Steve, Opus or MJ could certainly confirm this). "...the Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand-circle tour of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom..." (something like that, if memory serves--which it continues to do so less and less each passing year...)

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    They're not trying to do anything I don't think, it was just a mistake. It already is separated into the "Disneyland Resort" with "Disneyland Park" and "Disney's California Adventure" just like Tokyo disneyland is the "Tokyo Disneyland Resort" with "Tokyo Disneyland" and "Tokyo Disneysea."
    Just to clear things up, it's actually the Tokyo Disney Resort, which is home to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.

But it does look to be a mistake on the album art. There are other labels to Disneyland Park, such as Walt's Magic Kingdom, but it doesn't look like that is what they were going for.

• Shubisha

My mistake I meant to say that. I was editing my post because I also was going to mention "Disneyland Resort Paris" with "Disneyland Paris" and "Walt Disney Studios" but left that out =) Fortunately my job doesn't involve that post becoming something sold on a cd cover without any fact checking or proof reading having been done :P

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    It's the entire ride from the moment you dive up to including Beyond the Sea for the unloading music. These OAs are typically dedicated to the music of the park though and you'll rarely get ride narration on any ride-thrus that come out on them(space mountain, buzz, monsters, etc). The exception is songs you'll get the singers usually(splash mountain, the three caballeros on grand fiesta, nemo and friends briefly singing big blue world on epcot's ride[no one's particularly happy with that track to be honest though]...). And for those that didn't know last year he added the possums singing in the Splash Mountain track for disneyland like the ride has rather than the Sooner or Later song he included on the 50th(but we still have the porcupine from wdw singing on ours rather than our smilin crocodile for some reason).
    Last edited by almandot; 04-15-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Now I'm really confused, can someone explain to me the history behind the names?

Was the park officially called "Disneyland" when it opened and where did the "Magic Kingdom" title come from, was it Walt's nickname for the park or something?
    The park has always been officially called Disneyland. In years (decades) past it was often referred to as "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom". I recall CM's in the 70's at the end of a show (say the Tiki Room) would say something like "Enjoy the rest of your day at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast