Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Shubisha

Disneyland's new CD is out, and is apparently now the Magic Kingdom

If anyone's interested, the new Official Album is out, and it contains new tracks of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and the Happiest Place on Earth(from the grand marshall pre-parade). It's listed as $24.98.

Full track listing is as follows:
    Disc 1:
    1 All Aboard! 0:32 Main Street Station
    2 At the Happiest Place on Earth 2:38 Grand Marshall Pre-Parade
    3 The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room 3:28 The Enchanted Tiki Room
    4 Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye 3:25 Indiana Jones Adventure
    5 TARZAN Medley 2:39 TARZAN's Treehouse
    6 Swanee River 1:23 The Royal Street Bachelors
    7 Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me) 5:44 Pirates of the Caribbean
    8 Grim Grinning Ghosts 5:32 The Haunted Mansion
    9 Splash Mountain Medley 10:34 Splash Mountain
    10 Sooner or Later 2:05 Critter Country Area Music
    11 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh 4:56 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    12 A Cowboy Needs a Horse 1:29 Frontierland Area Music
    13 Once Upon a Dream 2:19 King Arthur's Carousel
    14 Fantasyland Dark Ride Suite 17:55 Pinocchio's Daring Journey / Peter Pan's Flight / Mr. Toad's Wild Ride / Alice in Wonderland
    15 It's a Small World Clock Parade 2:32 it's a small world
    16 It's a Small World 5:04 it's a small world
    17 Steamboat Willie 2:08 Mickey's Toontown Area Music
    18 Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin 2:27 Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Disc 2:
    1 Submarine Voyage 15:12 Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    2 Star Tours 4:07 Star Tours
    3 Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters 6:15 Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    4 Honey, I Shrunk the Audience Theme 1:47 Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
    5 Space Mountain 3:11 Space Mountain
    6 Soarin' 4:41 Soarin' Over California
    7 Seasons of the Vine Medley 4:30 Napa Rose
    8 The Bakery Theme 3:27 The Boudin Bakery
    9 A Bug's Life Suite 4:24 A Bug's Land Area Music
    10 It's Tough to be a Bug! 0:45 It's Tough to be a Bug!
    11 Mike and Sully to the Rescue 7:40 Mike and Sully to the Rescue
    12 The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Theme 1:42 The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    13 California Screamin' 2:33 California Screamin'
    14 Remember Dreams Come True 17:11 Fireworks Spectacular

A great CD and thanks to Randy Thornton for his efforts on getting it produced.

But the disturbing part is that whoever was in charge of the cover art has now labelled Disneyland as the "Magic Kingdom" using florida's font/logo :P They've really gotta keep track of these things. Disneyland is obviously called as a side-name the magic kingdom or Walt Disney's [original] Magic Kingdom but that's their logo :P

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Disneyland's new CD is out, and is apparently now the Magic Kingdom

Cool. Thanks for posting!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

So this is basically the 2 disc 50th set, with the Space theme (released last year), and FNSV.

And I can only assume it has the Magic Kingdom logo, because they plan to sell it there as well.
    -Monorail Man

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    So this is basically the 2 disc 50th set, with the Space theme (released last year), and FNSV.

And I can only assume it has the Magic Kingdom logo, because they plan to sell it there as well.
    WDW has its own which was also just released with a new version, and ours haven't been sold there for the last 2 versions or so though theirs have been sold at our park.

And no this has several things the 2disc 50th set did not have that got added on in the 2006 version(though some 2006 additions have now already been replaced such as Beautiful Beulah and Welcome to Tomorrowland, but the tweaks to splash mountain, remember, space mountain[50th cd only had the fast moving ride part], and the monsters inc track remain), and then the FNSV and Happiest Place on Earth songs added this year for 2008(2007 didn't get one). This is a souvenir album that mainly has stayed the same over the decades with tracks getting substituted in and old ones knocked off with each release, but it's a cd that gets replaced each time a new one comes out not something that sits on the shelf next to each of its older predecessors.

Disneyland's 2disc set in 2005 contained 9 new tracks not previously included on it, and in 2006 contained another 9 new tracks, so stuff does get added it's just not the stuff you might necessarily want due to a mountain of release rights issues that the right people didn't take care of when the tracks were first recorded(i.e. PoD :/).
    Last edited by almandot; 04-15-2008 at 11:25 AM.

• =)

It's a pity they re-release so much of the same material when there are so many other valuable tracks that could be included. Oh well. Thanks for posting this!

• DL Nerd

I don't have many of the tracks listed as I only have the Happiest celebration CD....

I'll be getting this hopefully and I am a little dismayed @ the "renaming" of Disneyland whoops I mean "Magic Kingdom"
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Dreams Do Come True!

Awwww man I already have all these tracks except the Nemo one.

• Minion

Hopefully this name change will never be official. I can't believe someone didn't catch this mistake, before the CDs were made and packaged. This sounds like something Jay 'Year of a Million Dreams' Rasulo is behind.

• Hiding in the shadows

ok so its not longer Disneyland and Disney California Adventure...Its the Disnelyand Resort with the Magic Kingdom and DCA? If they would have just labled it Disneyland then the DCA tracks would have been a throwin, this way its like you get two parks in one, but there was no reason to rename DL.

! Anyway thanks for the update, some of those tracks I still dont have. Looks like they are trying to make DL more like WDW with a name for the area and then a separate name for each park. but talk about putting the cart before the horse.

A little piece of heaven

• Shubisha

They're not trying to do anything I don't think, it was just a mistake. It already is separated into the "Disneyland Resort" with "Disneyland Park" and "Disney's California Adventure" just like Tokyo disneyland is the "Tokyo Disneyland Resort" with "Tokyo Disneyland" and "Tokyo Disneysea."

• Seasick

If I didn't already have the song, I'd buy the CD just for "At the Happiest Place on Earth - Grand Marshall Pre-Parade".

But where is the music from the current daytime parade? And why is Seasons of the Vine still on there?

Good CD set, but could be better.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Thornton(producer of these CDs)
    When I was putting the album together, I heard that Seasons of the Vine may be closing. Even so, I knew that the attraction wasn't running 'full schedule'. Instead of removing it, I decided to keep it on no matter which way it went. It's a great piece of music, and why not let it have one more run. Besides, it's Bruce Broughton .

Randy
    Bruce Broughton material is kind've an inside joke on that forum but they were aware that it was going away.

Parade of Dreams has been explained as a whole issue with the people who were in charge of such things at the time not acquiring release rights for a cd when they recorded the parade to save a little on the bottom line and now getting them after the fact would just be too excessively expensive to justify it and likely would come at a loss. The parade came out in 2005 so remember what kind've system the park had running in the years before that when the stuff was being made :P

And having a song already cuz you downloaded it from a leaked rehearsal cd can't be used against a cd when reviewing it even if that's the reason you aren't buying it :P

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Did you find the WDW album at DL, or call the merch line? I'm waiting until I get there in Cali to see if both are there. If not, I'm calling the WDW merch line for its set.

I'm looking forward to both of them!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Great heads up--thanks. It's too bad there are no Rod Miller tracks--I hear the Miller tunes can double as pain-killers...

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ler-88498.html

• Shubisha

the newest WDW album is not available at DL yet(we still have some of 2006's I think but the new one has the new Spaceship Earth Score, the Grand Fiesta soundtrack, a Living Seas with Finding Nemo track, and a couple others). It's available from WDW DelivEARS and at WDW's World of Disney(I hear they ran out of their first batch though and are waiting for more to come). I had a friend ship me one in return for the DL one I'm about to go ship him.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast