Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Why is Maliboomer going down, but not

I think she meant Mullholland Madness ^^ And yes MM is like those Mouse rides at local fairs. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Screamin, there is no doubt in my mind that it will stay. It's the perfect type of intensity for me since i get raging migraines from riding the coasters at Six Flags!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Progressive Disneylander

Taking down Screamin' wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

Paradise Pier is quite beautiful. It might get a bit of a makeover, but it's there to stay. Deal with it.

I may love the Maliboomer, but I think it's going to be a casualty due to the fact that it's not an overly popular ride. It's really that simple. If it were wildly popular, it wouldn't make sense for them to nix it no matter how it thematically fit in with things.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I was never terribly impressed with Six Flags Over Georgia when I lived in Atlanta (I liked the Georgia Cyclone, Mind Bender, and Scream Machine. The Scorcher was fun the one time I got to ride it, never cared much for the Ninja, and Batman was far too short. I haven't been since they added Superman). I do like Screamin', though I wish it had some kind of theming. It's possibly the smoothest coaster I've ever ridden, and I do like how they designed it to look like a wooden coaster, even though it's steel.

All of that being said, I have a hard time justifying the Mailboomer staying in the park. I'm sure it's a fun ride, but I'd like to see something a little more special from Disney.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Addicted to MC since '08

California Screamin will recieve a line-makeover to match the rest of the new victorian-era theme. I hope that includes removing those ugly umbrella/shade things covering the main queue area.

• Banned User

The other two are like landmarks. And besides, they're popular and fun.

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Is the Victorian era the 20s?
    The Victorian Era roughly followed the reign of Queen Victoria from 1837 to 1901. Victorian architecture came into being during this time but continued to be referenced after this period. British sea resorts such as Blackpool Pleasure Beach originated the idea of pleasure piers and would have been built with Victorian architecture in the late 19th century. American piers would have imitated this style shortly after.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying 'Victorian' to describe Midway Mania and PP. They're not.

Anyway, I'm glad Maliboomer is going. It's an eyesore IMO.

I've never bee real excited about the whole PP concept, but Screamin' and Sun Wheel look pretty good.

I still hate the name "California Screamin'" though. I'd prefer something classic, like 'Cyclone'. That would fit the theme better, and make the whole area that much more believable.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i agree that maliboomer dosent fit in the theme of PP, pluus its not that great,=. so im fine with having it removed....but whats gonna replace it?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by SimpTwister View Post
    I still hate the name "California Screamin'" though. I'd prefer something classic, like 'Cyclone'. That would fit the theme better, and make the whole area that much more believable.
    They named it that to be like California Dreamin. And Six Flags already has an old time wooden coaster called Cyclone. I wouldn't expect Disney to be copycats OR change the name of this coaster.

Facebook me!

• Minion

yeah why keep maliboomer around when you have TT.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    They named it that to be like California Dreamin. And Six Flags already has an old time wooden coaster called Cyclone. I wouldn't expect Disney to be copycats OR change the name of this coaster.
    Yeah, I know. It's a pretty lame pun IMO.

And there have been coasters named 'Cyclone' since long before Six Flags. That's the point - it's a classic name.

• =)

i agree that maliboomer dosent fit in the theme of PP, pluus its not that great,=. so im fine with having it removed....but whats gonna replace it?
    No official word yet, I believe. It's a small space, though, remember. Not much room for anything except perhaps a small seating area or outdoor park, or maybe a small eatery. One of the things that makes drop towers financially attractive is their small footprint, I would think.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by SimpTwister View Post
    And there have been coasters named 'Cyclone' since long before Six Flags. That's the point - it's a classic name.
    What i meant was that they wouldn't copy a roller coaster name in such close proximity anyways and the fact that the name is unoriginal makes it all the more unappealing.
    Last edited by IzzyInWonderland; 04-15-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Facebook me!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    The other two are like landmarks. And besides, they're popular and fun.
    And they are precisely the reason why DCA has become Disney's most Infamous Park, Screamin and the Sun Wheel both give DCA the complete opposite impression of what Disney Parks were to represent. They both represent the notorius traveling fairs and carney's. They both are represenatives of the complete opposite of what a "THEME" park is.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Screamin' and the Sun Wheel? Maliboomer, Screamin', and Sun Wheel all contribute to the generic theme park look that DCA has. If one goes down, shouldn't they all go down? I don't see how taking down the Maliboomer will help DCA's apperance if Screamin' and the Sun Wheel still stand.
    Amen! And just to add, even if Screamin' doesn't come down ~ it still needs to look like something else, entirely! And with a "New' theme for this part of the Pier, the music on Screamin' was and is completely off base for this attraction. So, the MUSIC is DEFINITELY something that will need to be changed drastically, in order to fit in with the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy3 View Post
    I do not think it would be a good idea to take out one of the few E-tickets DCA has.
    There is no E-Ticket in Paradise Pier. To infer that anything in Paradise Pier is an E-Ticket, would be to insult any and EVERY E-Ticket in DL's History. (Toy Story is yet to be determined, perhaps a D-Ticket. )

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    There are far better rides at my local Six Flags (Over Georgia) than Screamin'.
    And even with some of the extreme rides at Six Flags Parks, and some world record heights, lengths, etc, It would be impossible to give any of those E-Ticket Status, due to the lack of themeing, lack of hiding that they are coaster rides. There is a distinct difference between a Theme Park and an Amusement Park. Paradise Pier has left the Theme Park category and crossed over to the Amusement Park category ~ Quite ironic that I'm not amused by the attractions in Paradise Pier! They are plain looking and somewhere between ugly and ordinary.
    (continued in my signature, of course)

And I do have to add that it is quite ironic that there is such a huge uproar about adding Disney Characters and the USA to Small World over in Disneyland, but that So many people seem quite happy and pleased with the horrible lack of imagineering and theme that is Paradise Pier.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Magic Mountain's Psyclone was torn out, oh, months ago. Just bringing MC up to speed.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast