Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• =)

Re: Why is Maliboomer going down, but not

There is no E-Ticket in Paradise Pier. To infer that anything in Paradise Pier is an E-Ticket, would be to insult any and EVERY E-Ticket in DL's History. (Toy Story is yet to be determined, perhaps a D-Ticket. )
    "E-ticket" implies an attraction that would require the use of the best, rarest, most expensive kind of ticket, due to its popularity and/or quality. Screamin' is popular. Quality? Well, it's a quality coaster and a fun one at that...but it's not a quality coaster in the sense that Disney coasters normally are. I think it's fair to call it an E-ticket. Just because something's an E-ticket attraction doesn't necessarily make it the most fascinatingly original work of Imagineering. Sadly.

• Mrs. J. Depp

About Six Flags Psyclone, thanks i had no idea about that. It was around the last time i went.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    "E-ticket" implies an attraction that would require the use of the best, rarest, most expensive kind of ticket, due to its popularity and/or quality. Screamin' is popular. Quality? Well, it's a quality coaster and a fun one at that...but it's not a quality coaster in the sense that Disney coasters normally are. I think it's fair to call it an E-ticket. Just because something's an E-ticket attraction doesn't necessarily make it the most fascinatingly original work of Imagineering. Sadly.
    No, THAT is THE most important part of distinguishing whether it is a Theme Park E-Ticket Attraction or if it's just another amusement park ride. What is sad is the paradise pier got built, in a Disney Park

• =)

No, THAT is THE most important part of distinguishing whether it is a Theme Park E-Ticket Attraction or if it's just another amusement park ride.
    Well, I guess will have to agree to disagree on the semantics. Case in point, though--the monorail was an E-ticket when it first opened in 1959. Popular? Yes. Cool? Yes. Fun? Yes. But deeply-themed and extraordinarily original? No, not really. It basically fits in Tomorrowland, and it's a cool design, and it adds a great kinetic energy to the place, but the same could be said of Screamin', n'est-ce pas?

Mind you, I'm not trying to defend Screamin'. It was a poor choice to build it the way WDI did. I enjoy it quite a bit simply because of the brute force thrills of it, but then again, I enjoy coasters at many amusement parks. I don't come to the Disneyland Resort to experience the same kinds of rides I can easily find somewhere else for a lower price.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Hmmmmm, back in the late 50's I bet the monorail was extrodinarily original and futuristic.

• =)

Hmmmmm, back in the late 50's I bet the monorail was extrodinarily original and futuristic.
    Original? Somewhat. It was the first daily-operating monorail system in the U.S., if I'm not mistaken, but it wasn't the Imagineers' idea or anything. They'd seen smaller versions of the same concept executed in...what, Switzerland, I think? Anyway, my point was that the monorail was basically a functional vehicle, designed to look rather futuristic, that moved along an unthemed track. The degree of themedness is only somewhat greater than on Screamin', yet the monorail was an E-ticked based on its (rightly) predicted popularity, newness, and differentness from all the other Disneyland attractions.

Again, not trying to say it was a good choice to build an unthemed roller coaster in a Disney park.

• Off to Neverland

*sigh*
    ...i like maliboomer

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Magic Mountain's Psyclone was torn out, oh, months ago. Just bringing MC up to speed.
    Beat me to it.

There are 13 coasters around the world that are named Cyclone right now (these are currently operating ones - if you want to count ones that have been closed, it would be 42). And that's not even mentioning the 4 or 5 additional ones that have "Cyclone" in the name (Georgia Cyclone, Carolina Cyclone, etc).

We don't need another one.

Some things can't be "fixed".

Sometimes you just have to let it be, and move on.

The Maliboomer won't be replaced by anything significant. The money just isn't there to build anything more grand and extensive, and all you are doing by demolishing it, is setting the stage for more unused space.

DCA isn't Disneyland, and wasn't meant to be. Sometimes you don't want everything spelled out for you, theme-wise, because it takes away from using your own imagination. When you are high-up and can look out at the pacific ocean, or on the other side, and have views of the castle etc...

...what more "theme" do you need ?

Supreme Scream doesn't have those kinds of views.

Going through the hassle of demolishing an attraction, just because you don't like it. And then, being left with nothing other than paved over excess space....

I don't see that as any kind of improvement in theme or quality.

If you don't like an attraction, you don't have to ride it.

If you think something's an eyesore, you can always avert your eyes.

But, it's nice to have the option for other people who do like it. Eliminating options, and replacing with unused space.....and make no mistake that's what's gonna happen......

...that won't help DCA. DCA needs more options, not less.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by lillostblonde14 View Post
    the one time i did go on it
    my restraint flew up when we were all the way at the top. if it wasnt for the seatbelt thats there i would of been literally flying over California. So im deathly scare to go back on it, so if it goes i wouldnt miss it
    How has no one said anything about this? WTF I never was going to ride that thing but now I really wont.

Tear it down, no one rides it anyway.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

It's one of the few scary rides that I'll even venture on. I won't ride Screamin'. I won't even ride Jaguar at Knotts.

I won't ride Supreme Scream at Knotts, either, because I don't like the agony of having to wait for the drop, plus the views while you are slowly raised up....are nothing to look at.

I like how Maliboomer shoots you up fast, before you even have time to think. And then the great views, which provide 'theme' enough for me.

My understanding, is that the attraction won't even start if there is any problem with the restraint. It's a pretty solid attraction, and well-constructed. The spectacular views.....TOT doesn't provide the same views, and the views from the Sunwheel, while nice, don't give you the same sort of exhilaration.

Again, its sad to lose a view-ride knowing it's just going to be replaced with empty space.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by lillostblonde14 View Post
    im not gona lie i wouldnt miss maliboomer... cause the one time i did go on it
    my restraint flew up when we were all the way at the top. if it wasnt for the seatbelt thats there i would of been literally flying over California. So im deathly scare to go back on it, so if it goes i wouldnt miss it
    Not that I'm doubting your post, but with so many redundant safety features, I'm not sure this could even happen. True, the restraint may not have been all the way down on you, and may have lifted a bit when you hit the top, but as far as it fully opening ... Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Beat me to it.

There are 13 coasters around the world that are named Cyclone right now[...]

We don't need another one.
    Yeah, I wasn't so much saying that Cyclone is the awesomest name ever... more that the name 'California Screamin'' doesn't really fit the historic theme very well. A coaster from the 1920s or 00s or whatever wouldn't have a name like that.

What it comes down to is that I'd like to see them go all out with the early 20th century theme.

But maybe Screamin' could never fit that theme very well anyway... the modern soundtrack is a big part of the ride.

• Minion

The Monorail was placed in Tomorrowland as a glimpse into the technology of the future, so it is thematically perfect.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    They named it that to be like California Dreamin. And Six Flags already has an old time wooden coaster called Cyclone. I wouldn't expect Disney to be copycats OR change the name of this coaster.
    There are hundreds of roller coasters called "Cyclone" or "Psyclone" (Same thing)

Just because one is called Cyclone at one park doesn't mean it can't be named the same thing at a different park.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast