• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Blue Bayou Reservations

So I have lined up a first date for Friday night and i want to go to the park and eat at the Blue Bayou. I called reservations, and they are booked until 8:40. The thing is my date realy enjoys fireworks, so I want to be out of dinner by 8:30 to get good seats at the hub to watch.

Is there any other way to get into the Blue Bayou earlier? We wont be arriving at the park until about 5pm. Otherwise, where would you suggest to eat?
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: Blue Bayou Reservations

Does it have to be inside the park? I like Steakhouse 55 and if you had your heart set on cajun, why not do the Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DD?

Jazz Kitchen was a second choice. Never thought about SteakHouse 55

• decorating

Bring a picnic and camp out for the fireworks early.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    So I have lined up a first date for Friday night and i want to go to the park and eat at the Blue Bayou. I called reservations, and they are booked until 8:40. The thing is my date realy enjoys fireworks, so I want to be out of dinner by 8:30 to get good seats at the hub to watch.

Is there any other way to get into the Blue Bayou earlier? We wont be arriving at the park until about 5pm. Otherwise, where would you suggest to eat?
    If you'll be at the Park at 5, you could head to the walk-up window to see if they have any cancellations. If they don't, then you could head to some other place that you've reserved.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Ralph Brennans is a great second choice! I ate here last year for my Valentines trip and it was really good. It doesn't have the same atmosphere of BB but it has its own unique environment that makes you feel like your in New Orleans and the music is great as well!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• 1375 miles away

You might try calling again just to see if you can get a different response. Maybe a cancelation?
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

Have you thought about Chef's counter at Napa rose for an 5:30 ressie? The place sounds fantastic and sitting with the chef...well it adds a nice surprise too, especially since you already have access into that 33 door =D

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Maybe try the Cheesecake Factory in GardenWalk or PF Chang's (if it is open yet). I'd say keep dinner simple yet elegant. BB is fine but if you can't get the right time one of these restaurants would be a good choice. Or the Jazz Kitchen.

If the date goes well -- hoping that it does -- then maybe a second or third date can consist of something more romantic. I highly suggest Las Brisas in Laguna Beach for something like that.

Las Brisas is a cool place. We took some clients from Minnesota there, and they loved it. The plan is to hit up BB for cancellations and if that doesnt work, go to the French Market. I can save a nice dinner in Disneyland for a later date, that way I can look up some Club 33 contacts and try to get in there.

The Friday nite traffic to get from Laguna Beach to Anaheim.......do you want to spend the bulk of your date sitting in the car. in traffic?

Mr. Stox is a very nice restaurant that's a bit closer.

Is Charlie Brown's still on State College Boulevard ?

I understand Ambrosia reopened, I think, in Costa Mesa....but that's still closer than Laguna Beach...although Ambrosia is price-y.

There's a lot of nice date-type restaurants at South Coast Plaza and environs. Traffic, but closer than Laguna.

Have you thought about Chef's counter at Napa rose for an 5:30 ressie? The place sounds fantastic and sitting with the chef...well it adds a nice surprise too, especially since you already have access into that 33 door =D
    For a first date, I'd get a table rather than the counter with the chef.

I second the Mr. Stox recommendation. You can't beat the ambiance and the proximity to Disneyland. If you haven't been there, the layout is great. Great lighting, nice big booths, piano, very upscale...perfect to impress for a first date.

Well we are actually comming all the way from Corona, so I'm hoping for the best! Would be neat to share a first kiss near the wishing well by the castle.

If your coming from Corona it shouldn't be bad at all...My ex and I used to drive from Riverside on Friday nights to Disneyland. I would take the 91 until you hit the 57S? 1st exit is Ball and then your drive over the 5, take left and whizzam disneyland....quick 30-45 minutes depending on traffic...

Sorry I didn't see the 1st date thing too, but since it is, if you have a park hopper, you could go to the Vineyard Room....or kick it at the Cove Bar, not sure if they have food. If you want to sit down, Cafe Orleans right across from the BB has great Dland food too =D...

Gl on the date and have a magical evening

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Maybe try the Cheesecake Factory in GardenWalk or PF Chang's (if it is open yet). I'd say keep dinner simple yet elegant. BB is fine but if you can't get the right time one of these restaurants would be a good choice. Or the Jazz Kitchen.

If the date goes well -- hoping that it does -- then maybe a second or third date can consist of something more romantic. I highly suggest Las Brisas in Laguna Beach for something like that.
    DIP you get -10000000000 points for even bringin up eating at that HORRIBLE place called. Panda Express Changs...... I hate that place I can't stand the food, it makes me want to throw up and curl up in ball its so bad...if you wanted to eat Panda Express or other versions of bad chinese fastfood, you can get it anywhere, why pay the extra 10 bucks to see it on a fancy dish?