Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carsland

• Minion

Re: Carsland

Taken from a paper for my CA history class:

Most of California’s history is reflected in DCA’s attractions, shows, and basic aesthetic. However, lands such as “A bugs Land” are vaguely linked California and could fit in any Disney park. Attractions relating to the gold rush, native Californians, and the mission period are capriciously left out. Adding attractions that portray these specific times in history would be exciting additions to the park. Furthermore, the proposed additions, to be completed in 2012, add exceptionally frivolous and irreverent depictions of California’s image. Because DCA is such a unique concept, one can only hope that changes and enhancements serve to complete the theme parks message rather than trivialize it.

Disney relies on such stereotypes as the beach lifestyle, Hollywood attitude, and overall image to connect with it’s audience. DCA plays up the coastal aspect of California to provide a hint of romance and fun. The more gritty details of California’s history are either omitted or slightly mentioned in the form of a film or plaque.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ Man, your wrote about Disney for a SCHOOL paper?? That's what I call devotion.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    ^ Man, your wrote about Disney for a SCHOOL paper?? That's what I call devotion.
    well, it was for my CA history class I couldn't resist.

• Animatronic

I thought it was going to be called "A Disney Parks Land(tm)", by standardizing the names of each land, they'll be able to sell the same merchandise in all of the Disney Parks Lands(tm).
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Hey it's that guy I am.

Sorry about calling it Thunder Mesa, that was a misnomer on my part I meant the Western River Expedition. The ride that was going to be "an Audio Animatronics extravaganza that would outdazzle Pirates in every respect." (Quoted from "The Disney Mountains page 60)

In regards to Sir Mouse's paper maybe it would have been better if they geared DCA more towards historical elements, which in turn may have given rise to original show and ride ideas. Take POTC for example, has historical elements but one of the best rides around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12