Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carsland

• Hey it's that guy I am.

Smile Carsland

So I have noticed, being the eagle eyed, intuitive, individual that I am, that not many people like the Carsland idea. So what would be a nice expansion "land" for California Adventure. Not trying to spark huge debates just curios if anyone has thought about what would be a good idea. I am looking forward to see what comes up! So get those tea kettles whistlin'!

Re: Carsland

Correct me if I'm wrong but most people that I've seen like the idea.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Mrs. J. Depp

I do NOT like the idea. It's an unimaginative name and is setting DCA up to be the theme park that bases entire lands of the park on just one movie.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• =)

I can't assess what would be a good land to add to the park until the park has a clear thematic direction. Disneyland doesn't have much of one--it's basically a place where amazing things happen, and that works. DCA could technically do the same, but then there's no sense in calling it a separate park. It needs to have a clear purpose, no matter how broad or specific, and then anything in the park needs to make sense according to that purpose.

• Senior Minion

I think most people like the concept of a desert themed land devoted to car culture and Route 66. What I think most people are concerned about, including myself, is an entire land being dedicated to one film, having too much cartoon/pixar influence over an entire land and DCA as a whole, and that the name sucks. Hopefully, they will lean away from the movie a little and make it more about car culture than the movie and name it something better. From what I gather, this seems to be what they will be doing for the most part except with a little more of the movie maybe then ideal, but if it’s all well done I think that could be forgiven.

I just don’t get why all the rides have to be themed to Cars. I’m fine with one, but all three rides? That sounds like overkill.

• Writer

I do not like the Carsland idea. I mean, i know that Disneyland and the other parks aren't new, but has their ever been a land named after a movie? Even when they were building DCA, did they name any land after some movie? I realize it could be good with the attractions and such, but I believe that there would be a better alternative to "Carsland." The name, and the entire theme.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" -Walt Disney
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney
    watch me on Youtube! : youtube.com/violetskyemartin
    or read my blog: writingandrecovering.wordpress.com

• Banned User

Call it Radiator Springs. Carsland is so generic and doesn't sound good.

Carsland is based on TWO movies, not ONE - Cars & Cars 2.

Seriously now... DL has lands named after Fantasy, Adventure, Tomorrow and Frontier, plus two on specific genres (Main Street and New Orleans), and two on on little things (Critters and Toons). Radiator Springs sounds nice but it's too tied to the movie and too specific. With that in mind, some ideas:

Southwesternland
    Westernland
    Desertland
    Desert Butte
    OpenSpaceland

Anybody else?

I don't like too much Pixar in the parks but since its about Route 66 and the movie was based off a lot of stuff found on and around Route 66, It fits the California theme, so I think it's okay to go in.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

I wish Cars Land would be about cars in general, and not just the movie called Cars.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I didn't mind the Bugs Land because it caters to the little ones who love that stuff. But to have more then one land themed entirely on one movie is a tad over the top.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Hey it's that guy I am.

So would it be better as more of a southwestern land, and maybe they could resurrect the thunder mesa ride. The one that was supposed be on par with pirates.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Carsland is based on TWO movies, not ONE - Cars & Cars 2.

Seriously now... DL has lands named after Fantasy, Adventure, Tomorrow and Frontier, plus two on specific genres (Main Street and New Orleans), and two on on little things (Critters and Toons). Radiator Springs sounds nice but it's too tied to the movie and too specific. With that in mind, some ideas:

Southwesternland
    Westernland
    Desertland
    Desert Butte
    OpenSpaceland

Anybody else?
    Condor Flats!

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

thunder mesa? thats the frontier land in disneyland pairs

i dont hate the carsland idea, just that its called carsland thats such a bad name
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by fantasygirl View Post
    I do not like the Carsland idea. I mean, i know that Disneyland and the other parks aren't new, but has their ever been a land named after a movie? Even when they were building DCA, did they name any land after some movie? I realize it could be good with the attractions and such, but I believe that there would be a better alternative to "Carsland." The name, and the entire theme.
    A bug's land- DCA
    and in Tokyo Disney Sea there is the Little Mermaid Land, dont know the exact name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast