Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What if we were to put harry Potter....

DLR could use some better themed restaurants. The idea of dining in the Great Hall sounds breathtaking! I go to the University of Notre Dame, and our South Dining hall always reminds me of HP's the Great Hall. For awhile, my friends and I only sat at the long table at the end of the dining hall. It's raised above the rest and reminds me of where Hogwarts professors sit!

Could you imagine the park having Harry Potter days and changing stuff up like the Villiage Haus as a makeshift Leaky Cauldron? Or how about a special Hogwarts Express train on Casey Jr.?
    Always let your conscience be your guide. - Jiminy Cricket

• SuperDork

Okay, I would totally redo a land in DCA and make it all Harry themed! If you took out Paradise Pier and made the lake into the Hogwarts lake...with its' own substyle ride...merpeople, giant squid and all, it would be sooo much fun. You could have Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley/Knockturn Alley, the Burrow, and The Ministry of Magic. Just think of the rides and marketing possibilities!! I would be thrilled!

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Meh. I'd much rather see a Return to Oz themed attraction...but that's just me. *isn't a big fan of Harry Potter*

...And now I must be running from the legions of rabid Potter fans waiting to maul my right leg off.

Kidding. ^^

Anyhoo, to be civil...I say, just let Warner Bros. have it's own theme park built for it...though, I have to say, i'm thoroughly surprised they haven't done any HP stuff in the Six Flags Parks (they're still under contract with Warner Bros somewhat, yes?). Sorry, but with all due respect, HP just seems...like a bit too much of a current day fad/mania to hold any kind of permanent residence at Disneyland.

But, if it absolutely *has* to go in DLR, put it where Toontown currently is. Or even better, place it in DCA, like someone else suggested.

...And somehow, I get the foreboding feeling I should be prepared to run from that earlier mentioned mob again.

• there's always my way...

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
    Meh. I'd much rather see a Return to Oz themed attraction...but that's just me. *isn't a big fan of Harry Potter*

...And now I must be running from the legions of rabid Potter fans waiting to maul my right leg off.

Kidding. ^^

Anyhoo, to be civil...I say, just let Warner Bros. have it's own theme park built for it...though, I have to say, i'm thoroughly surprised they haven't done any HP stuff in the Six Flags Parks (they're still under contract with Warner Bros somewhat, yes?). Sorry, but with all due respect, HP just seems...like a bit too much of a current day fad/mania to hold any kind of permanent residence at Disneyland.

But, if it absolutely *has* to go in DLR, put it where Toontown currently is. Or even better, place it in DCA, like someone else suggested.

...And somehow, I get the foreboding feeling I should be prepared to run from that earlier mentioned mob again.

Good Idea, thats funny...

I believe HP is not Disney and should find it own home with the WB in it own theme park. HP is a good movie but sooo not a Disney!

ok mushu lets run... here they come...
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• ROFLCOPTER

The Harry Potter restraunt could have "ghosts" flying through the walls, and floating candles, like in the book.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Minion

I thought the books were owned by Warner Brothers as well... or was that the characters?

I support those above that say that HP is not Disney. I don't think that I would want to see a HP themed attraction at any of the Disney parks.

• On Autopilot

But Six Flags would totally blow it if they tried to make a HP themed land.. but that's my opinion...

I'm glad that you guys liked my idea, but now the only thing we're worrying about is to either tear down Thunder Mountain Ranch or the fantasy theater (my money's on the theater... *shrugs* )

It's not like we're going to tear the place down and put it up =) But we can imagine!

What about a 3d movie replacing the HISTA?

• ROFLCOPTER

Hitsa????
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• On Autopilot

Honey I shrunk the Audience

While a good idea with replacing something dead, that would be REALLY weird to have Harry flyin' around TomorrowLand.

Harry: .....

Bellatrix: .....

both: *ditch their wands and pull out lightsabers*

• insufferable know-it-all

I think the Harry Potter "world" is rich enough to merit its own park. Granted, not a Disneyland-size park, but definitely enough for its own place. Heck, if Asterix merits a park, I think for sure Harry does.

I'd suggest Rowling do it in Scotland to bring extra tourist wealth to her home country, but the weather.... isn't exactly amenable to that. Then again... if they built it to be very much like Hogwart's, perhaps that'd be appropriate.

Think about it: there's a petting zoo opportunity (okay, so the creatures aren't quite as magical, but whatever, there could be some great displays of exotic creatures like giant spiders), there's an opportunity for a whole slew of indoor stuff, maybe some dark rides in different parts of the "castle", perhaps even a coaster that runs both outside and indoors, visiting the top tower where Sirius was imprisoned, and going all the way to and through the chamber of secrets and that basement from Sorcerer's stone, with an audio-animatronic Fluffy (which could also be visited as a viewing attraction, the coaster would just run behind it and down the hatch).

There's really plenty here for its own small amusement park, and it would have enough draw, I think. HP is likely to go down as a major classic series in children's literature - it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Warner Bros. have their own theme parks... So it would never happen unless something like an MGM/Disney deal were to transpire.

• Minion

Everyone, Disney has Narnia rights, and it's the closest cousin to HP. JK constantly genuflects to CS's works. It would be better to place Narnia in DL and work on that.

If they were to license HP for a ride, I think Epcot's England is the best place for such an attraction.

But the best to hope for is an HP park. After experiencing London for the first time this year, I think an HP park in that area would do fine, even in the winter.

• insufferable know-it-all

Hey, they could do an all-indoor deal like the London Dungeon (Disneyland for goths)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast