Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: what could replace innoventions?

mission space...maybe

non-purists usually call for more thrills and what can give those better?

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

news flash Tom Morrow was ripped out many weeks ago..... they are putting in a whole new house of tomorrow in innoventions....

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    Mission: Space - it's Perfect. It fits the theme and its one, if not the most popular attraction at Epcot.
    Mission space is an awesome concept and it should go where the pizza port is as that was MISSION TO THE MOON/MARS previously....

but not till they can find a way to not kill people on the ride and make most everyone else puke ... it does come with barf bags you know....

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    didnt know that. I assumed when i red the OC register article, it was going to be a new building, not taking over a existing one
    Yep its going in the old building and it is already about half done

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    I think it's time has passed sadly, it was great and all(from the videos iv'e seen), but pure Nostalgia shouldn't rule our opinions- just my 2 cents
    uh so here is my updated version suggestion:

however I think what should go in there is an all new Carousel of Progress, using the original song and similar style but with maybe the following time periods instead:

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    i'm all for just knocking that building down and making a new showbuilding for an E ticket

specifics.. I drew an idea of this but never posted it, the new building would be in a dome shape kind of, and (idealy) the new People mover would pass threw these gigantic passage ways on either side of it(that are one of the magor design aspects of the new building)

as for the attraction inside, it would be a time travel ride-- I havn't worked out this part so much yet-- but anyway, one of the cool things would be that the ride vehicles at one point would travel back to the dinosaur age and go right threw the Primeval world diorama(the diorama could be re-designed and updated a bit) I'd consider what I've worked out in my head to be similar to Indy, but not, NOT , a copy of the dinosaur ride in DAK
    Walt did this already in the 63 worlds fair (thats where the dinos now seen on the train came from) and so did Knotts

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Plectu's Intergalactic Revue

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    Mission: Space - it's Perfect. It fits the theme and its one, if not the most popular attraction at Epcot.
    Mission: SPACE will never happen again, especially at Disneyland. The company that built the centrifuges and Disney both ended up suing each other. The deaths, despite not being the fault of Disney, has tarnished the attraction's reputation. I have not had to wait more than a cycle to get on the attraction in some time, regardless of the time of year.

• Zip-A-Dee

Smile Re: what could replace innoventions?

Crazy idea, but it'd be neat to have the peoplemover track extended into the existing building's top floor where there'll be something to see (what that is I have yet to figure out, I'll let your imaginations work with that). It'd help out with the issue of where to put the queue for the Peoplemover and bring back a ride that I want to see back soooooo badly... =)

*Goes on dreamin'*

• Minion

a new ATIS, with todays tech it could be amazing.

• Zip-A-Dee

Sad Re: what could replace innoventions?

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Walt did this already in the 63 worlds fair (thats where the dinos now seen on the train came from) and so did Knotts
    ... i loved the Knotts dinosaur ride.. and was so bummed when i went there last year and found it gone.. it was a fun ride to go on... =(

Since the Disney Gallery is now a glorified hotel room... why not move it into the Innoventions building? Instead of it being a small seasonal exhibition, they could make it an actual full blown art museum.

And for the nay-sayers who would ask why an art exhibit is doing in Tomorrowland... since when did theming come into play at Disneyland in the last 20 years?

• Laughing Last..

Red Face Re: what could replace innoventions?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    What do you think should replace the attraction?

A rock, that should give about as much entertainment as the current exhibits.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• All You Need is Love!

Mission space is an awesome concept and it should go where the pizza port is as that was MISSION TO THE MOON/MARS previously....

but not till they can find a way to not kill people on the ride and make most everyone else puke ... it does come with barf bags you know....
    I don't understand why people like to die on that ride. My entire family road it multiple times during it's testing period and none of us even got the least bit sick. I even looked around during the ride and never got disoriented. We all agreed that it was one of the best rides we have all ever been on.
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• Disney Geek

Anything Would Be Better!

• Fancy that...

The caruosel of Progress was also already done, along with ATIS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast