Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• whatever

The Incredible Tomorrowland Idea

Now people have been telling me this crazy idea that they should use the vacant Peoplemover tracks for a new ride in which passengers will ride a monorail type vehicle from The Incredibles. I think it's a great idea, but that's the only idea I've heard. Any other thoughts or ideas that would make use of the Peoplemover track?

Re: The Incredible Tomorrowland Idea

I like the Incredibles idea. I think its a great idea!

I'm telling ya, put teacups on the track and spin and spew all the way around TL.

•   

Welcome to MiceChat

• Mrs. J. Depp

Why put in another vehicle similar to the monorail?

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• The one, the only...

Welcome to Micechat!

In the past, Al has told us that "open" cars of the old Peoplemover cannot be done because of government rules to prevent people from reaching out and touching any solid surface.

So the new cars would have to be enclosed. There are two sides bascially, those who want a fast ride like the Rocket Rods or those who want a slow ride, but longer ride, like the Peoplemover.

I prefer the slower ride because it means the track does not need to be banked to support a faster ride.

I also support the idea of making the new system functional by adding stations to link Tomorrowland main entrance to the back of Tomorrowland near Fantasyland. Then the ride would be useful for something.

The exact look of the cars are up the air, but most would probably like a more updated design. The design used in the Incredibles was very good, but not unique to that picture. I favor that design, but don't see why it needs to have Incredibles used in the name or promotion for the ride.

So that in a nutshell is the discussion on the topic.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

I really enjoyed the old Peoplemover, and hate to see the tracks curving and twisting above Tomorrowland sit empty, especially for this long.

I do not think taking inappropriate theme from yet another fantasy based animated movie and plunking it into Tomorrowland is a good idea (ok, I'll say it: it's a bad idea).

The Peoplemover had the following advantages as an attraction:

1. It was an honest and innovative attempt at a workable future transportation system that still has a lot of merit today.

2. It had an incredible capacity and an amazingly efficient loading and unloading design.

3. It gave guests an overhead tour of Tomorrowland, twisting about, up and down the land, but without letting them see outside the park, and even provided glimpses inside various attractions.

4. It was always moving, even when lightly peopled, contributing to the dynamic of Tomorrowland.

5. It was a quiet, relaxing ride that allowed entire families to enjoy a pleasant tour of the land without generating a lot of noise to annoy those below, like its short lived replacement, the Rocket Rods.

Of course the Peoplemover had a few problems as well:

A. Because it had such a huge hourly capacity, the Peoplemover looked virtually empty on all but the busiest days, and even then it seldom had a line (the last line I waited in for the this attraction was in the summer 1968).

B. For some reason the Peoplemover attracted the idiots or the inebriated like no other attraction, isolated them from their friends and family, and then mercilessly killed them.

C. What was a long and leisurely ride for some was a slow and monotonous yawner for others.

I am sure the Imagineers at Disney are more than capable of thinking up some new fantastic attraction for the old Peoplemover tracks that fits the Tomorrowland theme and provides most, if not all of the advantages of the old attraction. But will they ever be given the chance?

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by wulfblat View Post
    C. What was a long and leisurely ride for some was a slow and monotonous yawner for others.

I am sure the Imagineers at Disney are more than capable of thinking up some new fantastic attraction for the old Peoplemover tracks that fits the Tomorrowland theme and provides most, if not all of the advantages of the old attraction. But will they ever be given the chance?

I wanted to comment on the ride being a yawner for some. You are right. I think that the new ride could be updated with internal games, maybe a Disneyland triva game or other types of games to be selected for those interested. So Mom and Dad can ride with the kids while they play the games. Or the trivia games could be played by all. If you did not want to play the games, no problem, just don't. I see it as a something you could chose. Tune in the tour option or game options or nothing. That way the same ride can be more interesting for those "yawners."
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• RCMC BlackSmith

That would be really cool. But what would be the theme of the ride?
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• RCMC BlackSmith

Oh Yeah! And welcome to MiceChat!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• Dave

Blog Entries

I think its' sad that we have such, a must be entertained 24 -7 type of society. I remeber it being a bit boring too, until you got to Tron which was just awsome. With that said even me thinking boy this boring, my feet and body loved that nice 8 to 10 minutes to just relax.
    As much as, I prefer to not see another Pixar theme as long as it is not the incrediable movie all over again I might like it.
    Guys in are Go, Go society it is nice just to relax once and a while. I for one look forward to the return of that nice slow moving, boring ride called the People Mover. Maybe they Could make it Tron 2.0.
    Dave

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wulfblat View Post
    I
    Of course the Peoplemover had a few problems as well:

A. Because it had such a huge hourly capacity, the Peoplemover looked virtually empty on all but the busiest days, and even then it seldom had a line (the last line I waited in for the this attraction was in the summer 1968).

B. For some reason the Peoplemover attracted the idiots or the inebriated like no other attraction, isolated them from their friends and family, and then mercilessly killed them.

D. You forgot that it was also called the PeopleMaker. Eisner apparently didn't like nice, long, slow rides (too bad for his wife) in which teenagers' imaginations (hands) can run wild (all over each other).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Why put in another vehicle similar to the monorail?
    It wouldn't be except perhaps that it would move on one rail thus being a "mono-rail" system. If you recall, the transports on the "Incredibles" sat 2-3 people at the most and definately didn't look like the Disney Monorail.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
    That would be really cool. But what would be the theme of the ride?
    "Finding Jack-Jack"?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

I'm not someone who would normally side with the "bring back this attraction." But I am going to have to say it. Figure out a way to bring back the people mover.

The problem with the open cars, is exactly that... A problem. Most of us solve problems everyday. I am pretty sure if disney put their minds to it they could bring back an updated, interactive, transportation option of the future, that would replace the gaping hole currently in TL!

And while they are at it... move the rockets back up on top of the people mover platform. Sticking it out front, in the TL entrance makes me avoid the area like the plague! Crowd control Nightmare!
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast