Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: What would be your Idea for a new "Land" in DisneyLand or WDW?

Discovery Bay is based on San Francisco and combines aspects of reality and fantasy, I think that many of the concepts could be worked into a phase two transformation of DCA. I would just turn down the jules verne stuff a notch at DCA and transform parts of the farm and the wharf into a discovery bay like section of the park. Much of the wharf buildings could remain, but would be some would be rethemed and the waterways would be extended. Anyway, I have many other ideas to this, and some that I still am figuring out, but like I said this is part of an overall concept for DCA that I've been armchair imagineering in my head for a while that I might post in another thread.

• Senior Minion

I do like many of your ideas Pianoman and would love to see some of them integrated into another park, just I think the direction DCA is going could be a pefect fit for some of the Discovery Bay concepts to be used in slightly different way.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I do like many of your ideas Pianoman and would love to see some of them integrated into another park, just I think the direction DCA is going could be a pefect fit for some of the Discovery Bay concepts to be used in slightly different way.
    definately true, I think it would make sense in DCA,and be GREAT for the park(DCA needs a little fantasy), I'd just rather It be a part of a third gate for my own selfish reasons

and thanks! I just hope that by now I have a reputation for being the "idea guy"

• Diva Extrodinaire

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I always thought there should be a Villains Land. It could be called Villains Lair or something like that. Think of the possibilities!!
    I like that. Also maybe a Candyland? You could have rock Candy Mountain and a Willy Wonka ride...
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I think we need FEWER Lands. I'd do away with Critter Country and give the real estate back to Frontierland where it belongs. ToonTown would be history as well, opening up new room for a Fantasyland DR expansion.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    I like that. Also maybe a Candyland? You could have rock Candy Mountain and a Willy Wonka ride...
    Is this what you're thinking of?

(don't sweat if you don't get it)

•   

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Is this what you're thinking of?

(don't sweat if you don't get it)
    Someone get me a frame. Good one.

• Fancy that...

Is this because of your passionate hatred for Splash Mountian? That you like Caddyshack and the snickers reminds you of the babyruth in the pool? or that you genuinly enjoyed Charlie the Unicorn?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Is this because of your passionate hatred for Splash Mountian? That you like Caddyshack and the snickers reminds you of the babyruth in the pool? or that you genuinly enjoyed Charlie the Unicorn?
    Yes.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    The first 'land' idea that came to mind is like a Middle Eastern style land (sans terrorists).

Seriously though, I'd create one centerpiece attraction to be inside of a large pyramid. Whatever was featured inside would be an orignal attraction maybe featuring themes of mummys, curses, treasure, legends, pharaohs, etc. I know it sounds a little Indy-like, but that's not exactly what I want it to be. I'm sort of a fan of the idea of a live action adventure attraction like Poseidon's Fury at Universal's Islands of Adventure. Maybe something a little like that.

I think I'd go with some sort of Aladdin themed ride as well. A dark ride maybe.

Visually, there would be a host of palm trees, sand and browns. Oh, and somehow, there would be camels involved. A kids ride maybe... I dunno but camels must be represented.

What would it be called? Sand Land. Ok, I don't know what it would be called. One imagineer isn't required to do all the work!!

you should name this land agrabah. it would makes sense after all.

Talking Re: What would be your Idea for a new "Land" in DisneyLand or WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    My ideal situation would be having enough land to be able to expand the existing lands in Disneyland/DCA to include more things (i.e. Fantasyland with a dark forest or something--perhaps leading to a ride featuring one of the villains), but for a new land, I guess a Villain's lair sort of area would be my number-one pick (although, once again, I'd prefer to add them in to the old lands). Second choice? I'm not sure. I can't really think of things that haven't been already covered, to be quite honest.
    Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself. I wish they could just expand from the existing lands and if they couldn't a Villian type land would be great also.

In addition, I like Legend of Zelda too.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Haha nice one, Pianoman! I get it... i really do!

Ok so lands. Hmmm... I think Disneyland is kinda filled up as far as lands go. But there could definitely be some shuffling around in my opinion. I'll break it down park to park.

DISNEYLAND
    -BYE BYE, TOON TOWN! (explanation below). Expand Fantasyland further into that back pocket with a new theater, new E-ticket, and a handful of D-tickets, even thinking of something for the old Motorboat Cruise area.

DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
    -Hollywood Pictures Backlot to become: HOLLYWOODLAND. Simple as that. The studios park in florida has a great street that takes you back to the golden age of Hollywood. The land inside DCA should resemble that and ONLY that.

-TOON TOWN! Yup. Shut down the one at Disneyland and re-open it in DCA. It BELONGS in DCA and it's a way to get more 'Disney' into a park that was kind of lacking it. If you put this land behind Hollywood, it would be just like the film! How about an Ink and Paint Club? More rides like Roger Rabbit for families of all ages. No more "playground" or bounce house. Only real attractions here.

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM
    -A Bug's Land! And I'm not talking about a land full of bad kiddie rides either. I'm talking about an even more expanded world where guests can get up close and personal with REAL bugs AND have some really good dark rides (think haunted mansion style with BUGgies), restaurants, and more. They can have a DIM'S FLIGHT ride similar to Dumbo... and then shut down Dinorama to be more mature.

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
    -There are no "lands" in this park and that's a problem. So they need to make lands. The front section needs to be "Hollywoodland".

-Then where the Magic of Disney Animation is needs to be a "DISNEY STUDIOS" land. Other attractions can be an immersive attraction that details the history of Walt Disney Studios and all of the cinematic breakthroughs throughout the year. Show us a multi-plane camera and how big it is in this ride. Etc etc etc. Another building can be the "Disney Gallery" and house all of the latest props, costumes, and artwork from the most recent Disney films.

-The rest of the park then goes into major rehab. THE NEW YORK section needs to be as detailed as the Hollywoodland section and here they can have a nice theater for a high class stage production (like DCA's Aladdin musical for example). The Muppets can be reworked to stay in the NEW YORK section.

-SCI-FI LAND. A land that finally takes you INTO the movies, this land will be a mix and match of many styles of science fiction and fantasy. Star Tours finds a real home in this area as will all of the Star Wars aliens when you can join them for a drink at the Cantina. Re-work Alien Encounter into something worth going on and it will fit right in. This land will also give Tomorrowland a chance to be more original and creative.

-ACTION LAND. A land where action and adventure is the name of the game. the Indiana Jones epic stunt spectacular will feel right at home in this exotic location where other major attractions can be included. If Fire Mountain won't go into Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom, I think it should go here.

-PIXAR PLACE. Like Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom, Pixar Place is a new home for the modern Pixar Pals that don't belong anywhere else. Move the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor here. Toy Story Mania is here. Pizza Planet restaurant is here. etc etc.

that's all i got for now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Yes.
    It's a land of sweets, and joy, ..and joyness!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12