Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• RCMC BlackSmith

What would be your Idea for a new "Land" in DisneyLand or WDW?

I mean "Land" like TommorrwLand or FronteirLand. I would want to make a land thats all about Pixar. PixarLand I guess. I hate going to other lands in the parks to go to a certain Pixar based ride. I would like to put them all in one park. How about you?
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Re: What would be your Idea for a new "Land" in DisneyLand or WDW?

Well there's Carsland...

But I would do something less specific. Something that's represents a time or place, not a franchise or a company.

But honestly, I can't think of one at the moment!

• Mrs. J. Depp

I always thought there should be a Villains Land. It could be called Villains Lair or something like that. Think of the possibilities!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• RCMC BlackSmith

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    Well there's Carsland...

But I would do something less specific. Something that's represents a time or place, not a franchise or a company.

But honestly, I can't think of one at the moment!
    Well, I know. But thats the point. They will never make it. Well, never say never right?
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I say build more innovative rides that actually fit the theme of the existing lands. Yeah, call me silly.

• Sock Puppet

I'd say a Disney villain land would be awesome, as well.

• Progressive Disneylander

The first 'land' idea that came to mind is like a Middle Eastern style land (sans terrorists).

Seriously though, I'd create one centerpiece attraction to be inside of a large pyramid. Whatever was featured inside would be an orignal attraction maybe featuring themes of mummys, curses, treasure, legends, pharaohs, etc. I know it sounds a little Indy-like, but that's not exactly what I want it to be. I'm sort of a fan of the idea of a live action adventure attraction like Poseidon's Fury at Universal's Islands of Adventure. Maybe something a little like that.

I think I'd go with some sort of Aladdin themed ride as well. A dark ride maybe.

Visually, there would be a host of palm trees, sand and browns. Oh, and somehow, there would be camels involved. A kids ride maybe... I dunno but camels must be represented.

What would it be called? Sand Land. Ok, I don't know what it would be called. One imagineer isn't required to do all the work!!

• Senior Minion

Purely from a practical sense I dont think that there is room at DL for a new land but I agree with the OP that the Pixar characters often seem awkward in the parks. I like the idea of a Pixar Land would be a cool land for DHS or maybe MK but I can't imagine it in DL.

If there was room for a nice sized land that was connected to Toontown, that could be cool, but unless they're going to spend a fortune destroying perfectly good buildings, I don't think there's really room for it. Plus Towntown itself could be bigger.

In terms of other lands I am more concerned about DCA anyway. I hope they limit the pixar influence there because it's a little out of control. Carsland needs to be about car culture, not just the movie. I think that Radiator Springs Racers is going to be a great addition to DCA but the other rides should have other influences and loosing the Drive In was disappointing in this regard.

In terms of DL it's hard to imagine many other lands, it's nearly perfect in the sense of what Walt wanted it to be. It tells the stroy of America in very optimistic and imaginative way. The more each Disney park tells a story like this the more successful they will be. Hopefully they'll figure out how to do this with DCA.

• RCMC BlackSmith

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Purely from a practical sense I dont think that there is room at DL for a new land but I agree with the OP that the Pixar characters often seem awkward in the parks. I like the idea of a Pixar Land would be a cool land for DHS or maybe MK but I can't imagine it in DL.

If there was room for a nice sized land that was connected to Toontown, that could be cool, but unless they're going to spend a fortune destroying perfectly good buildings, I don't think there's really room for it. Plus Towntown itself could be bigger.

In terms of other lands I am more concerned about DCA anyway. I hope they limit the pixar influence there because it's a little out of control. Carsland needs to be about car culture, not just the movie. I think that Radiator Springs Racers is going to be a great addition to DCA but the other rides should have other influences and loosing the Drive In was disappointing in this regard.

In terms of DL it's hard to imagine many other lands, it's nearly perfect in the sense of what Walt wanted it to be. It tells the stroy of America in very optimistic and imaginative way. The more each Disney park tells a story like this the more successful they will be. Hopefully they'll figure out how to do this with DCA.
    Youre probbaly right. I could see it better in WDW. I could really see it maybe in DHS. But we all know thats never going to happen!

• Fancy that...

...I don't like to think of new lands for DL, It seems to be fine as is, although if this thread can expand into the category of thinking of lands for a third gate than I do have an idea don't want to get you guys off topic though

ok, for the few Micechatters who havn't heard of this before...there was a "Discovery Bay" concept for a land in the 70's. It would take up the space that is now the festival of fools area and BTMR. I'd rather see this theme be applied in a third gate though(like my idea)

here's a link to a good site explaining it in more detail

• RCMC BlackSmith

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    ...I don't like to think of new lands for DL, It seems to be fine as is, although if this thread can expand into the category of thinking of lands for a third gate than I do have an idea don't want to get you guys off topic though

ok, for the few Micechatters who havn't heard of this before...there was a "Discovery Bay" concept for a land in the 70's. It would take up the space that is now the festival of fools area and BTMR. I'd rather see this theme be applied in a third gate though(like my idea)

here's a link to a good site explaining it in more detail
    I thought I had heard something like that before... Thanks for the link! Youre right! That would have been a great idea for a "third gate". Maybe one day... "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." -Walt Disney

• revolutionary waltz

My ideal situation would be having enough land to be able to expand the existing lands in Disneyland/DCA to include more things (i.e. Fantasyland with a dark forest or something--perhaps leading to a ride featuring one of the villains), but for a new land, I guess a Villain's lair sort of area would be my number-one pick (although, once again, I'd prefer to add them in to the old lands). Second choice? I'm not sure. I can't really think of things that haven't been already covered, to be quite honest.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
    I thought I had heard something like that before... Thanks for the link! Youre right! That would have been a great idea for a "third gate". Maybe one day... "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." -Walt Disney
    your welcome, even though it took 5 seconds with a google search

but yeah, if you don't want to wait to find out what it'll look like...you can visit my idea thread for a third gate...

• Senior Minion

I like Kissman's idea, had some similar ideas myself. I would love to see Anaheim's third gate be like a mythical based world showcase and that would be an awesome land for that, which is where I had been thinking about it.

Piano, I too would like to see some of the Discovery Bay Concepts built but I think they would fit well into the new DCA. I have a concept that I've been thinking about for this, maybe I'll post that in another thread at some point.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I like Kissman's idea, had some similar ideas myself. I would love to see Anaheim's third gate be like a mythical based world showcase and that would be an awesome land for that, which is where I had been thinking about it.

Piano, I too would like to see some of the Discovery Bay Concepts built but I think they would fit well into the new DCA. I have a concept that I've been thinking about for this, maybe I'll post that in another thread at some point.
    They'd fit even better in my park idea

edit: and hey! My third gate idea IS a mythology themed park

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast