View Poll Results: Which existing Disney Park would you rather see put in place of DCA?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Replace DCA with Disney Seas

44 72.13%
  • Replace DCA with Animal Kingdom

6 9.84%
  • Replace DCA with EPCOT Center

11 18.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• =)

Re: Poll: If you could choose from other existing Disney Parks which would you rather

I used Wikipedia to look up the sizes of the parks (it puts DCA at 55 acres and TDS at 176 acres).
    Right you are. Fascinating...I'm not sure where those figures are coming from. Quite bizarre.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Poll: If you could choose from other existing Disney Parks which would you rather

I've never been to TDS, so I don't feel right voting for it. It looks awesome, but I may not like it. (Just playing devils advocate here).

So out of DAK or EPCOT, EPCOT all the way.

• revolutionary waltz

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Theres a problem with many of these assumptions:

1. Disneyland itself is copied all over the world, why? Its a success....

2. Why copy an entire park? Well Tokyo Disney Seas is thousands of miles away and very very expensive to get to....

3. There is plenty of room at DCA and there is a whole parking lot to expand into which in fact is what they are doing now with carsland...
    Just my two cents, but although I agree that Disneyland itself is copied all over the world, that is because one--as many people in this thread have stated--it is the "ideal" park. However, the way I also see it is that the reasoning you are presenting is deceptive in that, if it was a new park or a "to-be-built" second park, than yes I would prefer a copy of TDS. However, we already have a park that is unique. Why replace this unique entity with something else? Yes, DCA needs improvements in terms of a lot of things, but I'm not sure how simply transplanting another park to replace a unique park that already exists is improving anything beyond saying, "Hey here's a successful model--let's just keep carbon copying it!" (as they are already doing with many attractions).

• =)

You know what the problem with carbon copies is? They're always a rather faint imitation of the original ink lines.

• Master of Suspense

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Similarly having Disney Seas park in Anaheim makes just about as much sense as having a theme park about California in California. The real sea is less than 20 minutes away. So why bother recreating something that is much more beautiful, large, and absoloutely free when it is right there?
    If you've ever seen an aerial photo of TDS, it is built directly against a bay, and the actual ocean isn't far away. TDS is a completely different experience than going to the ocean. If it wasn't, who would pay to go there?

"To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"

Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I'm happy with DCA.

• =)

If you've ever seen an aerial photo of TDS, it is built directly against a bay, and the actual ocean isn't far away. TDS is a completely different experience than going to the ocean. If it wasn't, who would pay to go there?
    Exactly. The DCA comparison breaks down completely since TDS offers exploration of realistic and fantastic shoreline environments from around the world, whereas DCA originally intended to celebrate the very state that it existed in. Now that's been lost a little with recent additions, which is perhaps a good thing, although it's a pity that the additions haven't done anything to create a new thematic unity.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Problem with this thinking is that adventureland tho very small and in a big city 'feels' like you are in a jungle setting... it works and traditionally everything at DL is on a smaller scale so this Disney seas could be a smaller version and I dont see the relevance of what is outside the park as you are not aware of that anyways now....

the point of the poll was this, we can chat a blue streak about that should or shouldnt be done with DCA and trying anything original there is a risk, so the point was if you could choose between the 3 tried and true themes mentioned which would you choose.

Clearly Disney seas is seen as the most desirable.

• =)

Problem with this thinking is that adventureland tho very small and in a big city 'feels' like you are in a jungle setting...
    But Adventureland isn't small...its flagship attraction, the Jungle Cruise, is among the largest attractions at Disneyland, in terms of footprint.

I dont see the relevance of what is outside the park as you are not aware of that anyways now....
    It's relevant because instead of walking around these miniaturized versions of California landmarks, you could be going to see the real thing. But if you were talking about TDS or the likes, I'm in agreement with you; the environments of TDS don't represent things you could easily go see in real life within a few hours' drive from the park.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123