• Wonderful World

My Trip Report/The Hits & Misses/Tiny bit of info on Rokit Mountain

Well I finally got to go to Disneyland for 4 and and a half days and it had its up and its downs.It was awesome to walk through the gates and seeing the whole place decked out for the 50th.The Castle was absouletly beutifull.I must say the whole place was sparkling.
    The first time I went on Space Mountain was UNBELIEVABLE.My imagination kicked in high gear and I had goosebumps all over my body since I have been waiting for 2 years for it.My sister and dad were complaining that it was the same exact thing,kinda like the majority of micechatters that have ridden it.But I thought it was great.I then saw the parade and that was ok but I thought they could of done better with it.
    Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters was pretty cool as well.I thought it was kinda stupid how the ride stops some times and you can just keep shooting the same target to rack up the points.I did not notice that you can email your pic to yourself or your friends till like the 3rd time you ride it.That is really really awesome and I think they should do that for every ride(yea right)While we were there my dad came up with a idea to have a fastpass station somewhere in the park that has fastpasses for all the rides so you dont have to run everywhere to get them,I dont think it would work though.
    My second day I went to California Adventure and for the first time I was there I was really REALLY disapointed.Ever since I joined Micechat I have been exposed to how bad DCA really is.And with California Screamin' down the park we nothing.The only good thing about DCA is Aladin(even though its out dated)and TOT and that the park is really empty.Block Party Bash seemed cool but I did not have the desire to see it.
    My third day at Disneyland I met my first and only micechatter while I was there The Bob.It was cool to finally meet someone off micechat (even though it was a quick meet).
    Then the 4th day came along and when I entered the park it said they were taping in Fantasyland so I went on a couple rides then went over to the castle where it was roped off so I waited with a couple of other people.Word quickly got out that Oprah was taping for her show there.A teacher wanted to bring her whole first grade class to Disneyland and Oprah made that wish came true.So I bet the Disney high powers wanted to make a big deal out of it and they made it a huge deal and had a special ceremony for Oprah and 25 kids.They closed off Fantsyland and the CM kinda treated us like crap and this upsetted me.Disneyland is your land,but for that day it was Oprah's
    I can tell something is wrong with Indy.I went on 5 times over my stay and 4 out of the 5 times there was somthing wrong with it.First you could see that the Boulder was late rolling back into postion,second at the boulder scene again there was no lights on the boulder or Indy so you couldnt see anything then the next two times the music somtimes didnt match up with the ride.
    Now for the Fireworks/Fantasmic crowd issue.Each night I was there before and after the fireworks it was a DISASTER.Tens of thousand people on main street and in front of the castle waiting to see the fireworks while thousands were trying to get through to the rides whike adventureland was out trafic for the ten thousand people exiting Fantasmic.It was a nightmare each night.Last night while I was watching the fireworks a teen and his family crossed under the ropes and pushed there way through nearly knocking down a mom and her baby while they were crossing so I said to the kid be carefull and he tryed to pick a fight with.I am not the fighting type but I was about 2 seconds away from tackling him on the ground cause he was insulting me .The wifes husband then stepped in and said to the kid you better get moving along before i make you get moving along he was VERY mad.PROPS to all the cast members who work on the crowd control during the fireworks.Alot of people were disobeying them and this made me mad cause they were doing there job and doing it good.Other then the crowd fiasco the Fireworks are amazing.I like how they fit most of the attractions soundtracks for the fireworks truley spectacular.
    And finally this morning space mountain was closed for awhile and I waited by it till it opened since it was my last day and I heard a CM talking about Rockit Mountain to a guest.He said it would have new music Disco Star projections instead of the white stars.New digital projections on the wall and it is a little faster(but i dk how, the ride is short as it is)He also was talking about how the ride wasn't suppose to be opened till November and all the top powers at Disney rushed the testing to get it done before the 50th and that is why it still has alot of problems.He said that somtimes the computer turns on Rokit Mountain by acident and some lucky guests might get a short acidental preview of it.|
    Overall my trip was great and I cannot wait till next year

Since my computer is really slow I will post pictues up tommorow
    Last edited by painted windows; 08-14-2005 at 12:01 AM.
    I'm back MiceChat

Re: My Trip Report/The Hits & Misses/Tiny bit of info on Rokit Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows
    And finally this morning space mountain was closed for awhile and I waited by it till it opened since it was my last day and I heard a CM talking about Rockit Mountain to a guest.He said it would have new music Disco Star projections instead of the white stars.New digital projections on the wall and it is a little faster(but i dk how, the ride is short as it is)He also was talking about how the ride wasn't suppose to be opened till November and all the top powers at Disney rushed the testing to get it done before the 50th and that is why it still has alot of problems.He said that somtimes the computer turns on Rokit Mountain by acident and some lucky guests might get a short acidental preview of it.|
    "Short accidental preview?" That'll happen when I hear about it on a forum...and I don't know how they'd exactly make Rockit Mountain faster...but basically it is a stroke of genuis in an accountant's eyes: how not build Rock 'n Roller Coaster but still have it...they might as well add an Aerosmith preshow room while they're at it...

• Banned User

Accidental preview.. Darn.. Thats why it shuts down.. (why not haev 2 computers.. makes it easier..)

and.. could you please redo the post.. it is hard to focus on a run-on paragraph.. thank you..

(cannot wait for phots..)

• Wonderful World

lol sorry I kinda noticed I was doin that but I was in a hurry
    I'm back MiceChat

• Shubisha

Ah that's the taping that was happening on the 12th... They also had a chunk of space sectioned off for a camera in front of the castle for Remember(front and center hub to the castle ). That's also the day that it miscued and messed up and didn't start the sound in time hehe. But they're probably dubbing over it anyways.

I sincerely doubt it accidentally switches to Rockit mountain. The closest to a quick sneak peak is what's happened already, the lights go on and people see the lighting rigs. Projections on the walls sounds cool though.

• FastPass n00b

I don't know about relying on a CM for information about an upcoming attraction. They are no more equipped to hand out information about unopened attractions than anyone else. The fact that he had so many specifics about the attraction, like the month it's opening, is pretty sketchy too.

But I think the main thing that blow's this CM's credibility out of the water is how the computer can "accidently" turn Rockit Mountain on. Space Mountain is a rollercoaster that relies on computers for guests' safety. I don't think that these computers would be so buggy so as to accidently launch a modification that's not supposed to be activated yet. It sounds to me like this CM was just trying to impress a guest with his "inside" CM knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    I sincerely doubt it accidentally switches to Rockit mountain. The closest to a quick sneak peak is what's happened already, the lights go on and people see the lighting rigs. Projections on the walls sounds cool though.
    My neice was dating a Space Mountain CM for a little while, and he told us (this happened the week before Space's first opening week while it was in soft openings) that guests coming back after a ride... said... "you guys might wanna check it in there...it's pretty bright." -And sure enough... the computers had, in fact, turned on some of the Rockit Mountain lighting effects and all the CMs were kinda baffled. They,then, had to shut-down the ride for a bit and restart it. So... there you have it, and... obviously this story validates the previous post.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger68
    My neice was dating a Space Mountain CM for a little while, and he told us (this happened the week before Space's first opening week while it was in soft openings) that guests coming back after a ride... said... "you guys might wanna check it in there...it's pretty bright." -And sure enough... the computers had, in fact, turned on some of the Rockit Mountain lighting effects and all the CMs were kinda baffled. They,then, had to shut-down the ride for a bit and restart it. So... there you have it, and... obviously this story validates the previous post.
    When I first read your post really fast I thought you said your niece was dating a Space Mountain.