1 0.99%
  • Wendy's

6 5.94%
  • Other

11 10.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• My Children's Father

Who Should Sponsor Burger Invasion?

Inspired by the "Worst Restaurant" thread.

I think many of you would like to see McDonald's given the heave ho in DCA, and replaced by another product at Burger Invasion. I vote for In 'n' Out ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

Re: Who Should Sponsor Burger Invasion?

Since MCdonalds is not doing promotions with Disney and will be promoting Dreamworks..bring Wendy's in....

How about absolutly no Fast Food spnsoring at all?
    Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

McDonald's is the market leader and has the deep pockets. The brand also has the most cachet in the category.

McDonald's, furthermore, originated in California and is a truly global brand.

Burger Invasion is just a bad concept. If the D.C.A. restaurant was a theatrical 1950's-style Golden Arches along Route 66, I have a feeling we would not be having this poll or discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Burger Invasion is just a bad concept. If the D.C.A. restaurant was a theatrical 1950's-style Golden Arches along Route 66, I have a feeling we would not be having this poll or discussion.
    Thats is so true.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

of those choices, Wendy's...but why can't Disney just sell its own food there...it's a lot better than the Mickey D's garbage...ick!
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• That's Hawt

I think either In n' Out (A california original) Tommyburgers or Fatburgers would be awesome and yummy! I voted for In n' Out ... because I loooove their frys!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Classic Animation

In N Out is California.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I don't think the problem lies with sponsorship. Cooking hamburgers isn't rocket science. Anyone can do it if they try. I don't eat a lot of fast food burgers but when I do, all of the restaurants on the list are equally delicious (in their own unique ways) and equally nutritionally disasterous.

I agree that the current theming of Burger Invasion is cheap, cheesy and uninspired. It just isn't very "Disney" is it. A vintage Route 66 "burger joint" would be a lot more interesting and would actually contribute to the "California" theme of the park. Having lunch would be an immersive experience. The current experience is nothing different that you get at any fast food restaurant any day, anywhere. (...and I paid admission for what???) This whole corner of DCA is pretty irrelevant with regard to theming.

The bigger problem, in my opinion, is price. I remember the very first time we visited DCA and got hungry. I was thrilled to find a McDonalds franchise. Disneyland Resort food, in general, has become so horrible and overpriced that the idea of eating a familiar, predictable and inexpensive Big Mac was welcome. Of course, I was shocked to find that DCA Big Macs cost twice as much as the Big Macs in the rest of the known universe. McDonalds has made bazillions of dollars selling burgers at a cheap price all over the globe. Why do they have to cost twice as much on Disney soil? Well, of course, it's greed and Disney's propensity for bleeding a captive audience. So, what started out as a positive feeling quickly turned into bitterness. Believe me... if the Big Macs at Burger Invasion were priced the same as at the McDonalds down the street, the lines would extend out to the entrance plaza at feeding time. Frankly, I don't think McDonalds is doing themselves any favors by participating in Burger Invasion. It's like my old pal Ronald McDonald... who has always been willing to sell me a scrumptious high-fat meal at a fair price... has suddenly turned on me and become Simon LeGree rubbing his hands together. This is not great PR, folks.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Perris... sounds like Paris but without the wild parties

Arby's
    Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

• Who Loves Disneyland?

I would like to see something other than just another burger joint. I would like a sit down resturant in the area which has a variety of menu options.
    I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Magic Kingdom 1992 and 2008
    Disneyland 1984, 1987, 1993 (3x's), 1998, 2005, 2007

• See Ya Real Soon!

Make it a vegetarian restaurant

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    McDonald's, furthermore, originated in California and is a truly global brand.
    True, but that's like saying Disneyland originated in Marceline. Dick and Mac McDonald opened the non-franchise McDonald's in San Bernardino, CA but sold out to the true man behind McDonalds, Ray Kroc who opened the first true McDonalds in Des Plaines, IL in 1955. So true, it's a California brand but it grew up in Illinois.

Other hamburger places have originated in California. In-N-Out was founded in 1948 (before McDonald's) in Baldwin Park, CA. Although carhops were common then, the Snyders came up with the idea of drive-throughs. Today it is relatively small company with a huge fan base. When the first one opened here in the Phoenix area there was a minimum of 2-3 hour wait for at least the first month (compare that to the lines at DL)

Then there's the overlooked hometown original. Carl's Jr. which was started by Carl Kartchner who owned several hot dog stands in the mid 40's throughout LA. Then in 1945 he opened the first Carl's Jr in Anaheim known then as Carl's Drive-In Barbeque. Today CKE Enterprises corporate location is just down the street from DL and they now have expanded to own Hardees on the east coast and the Green Burrito.

So, I would say that McDonald's time has come and gone at DL. The TDA people hoped that Burger Invasion sponsored by McDonalds would help increase the bottom line, but all I've ever heard in bad reports. My vote goes to a hometown original such as In-N-Out or Carl's Jr. At least they have remained true to their origins.

DLandFansAZ

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I personally pay so much money to go to Disney so I don't experience what I can experience in my daily life. One of the biggest complaints about DCA was that it was an inferior version of what is just down the street. If they want DCA to be more successful, it needs experiences you cannot find next door or around the block, dining included.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

i voted In-N-Out. I no longer live in So. Cal. though so I can't experience the best burgers anymore. If anyone has not tasted or even heard of In-N-Out burgers, please do visit it in California. You'll love the decision to do so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast