Sharing Parkhoppers/Extra Days

I'm sorry if this is question is verboten, but I don't know where to find the information.

My parents, my sister and myself will be visiting the park this summer and we've been looking at tickets. It's become clear that my sister and I will probably want to spend more time in the park than my parents will. My mother suggested that we all buy five day parkhoppers and then she and my dad could give theirs to us for a day so we'd have six and they'd have four. I told her I suspected this was against the rules, but I don't know if ID is actually required or not.

Disney's site doesn't list a 6-day parkhopper except in its promotion running through April and we're not going until July. Does anyone know what a 6-day would cost? Upgrading to APs isn't my first choice because there's basically no chance we'll return within 12 months. Finally, is there somewhere I can actually find the ticket policies?

Thanks!
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• The one and only

Re: Sharing Parkhoppers/Extra Days

im pretty sure its against the rules...

but, ive never seen them check id before.

• Bleh....

ok i'm taking this directly off the back of one of my tickets just lying around...

tickets are "Not for resale. Nonrefundable. NonTRANSFERABLE; must be used by the same person on any and all days."

now that put aside, i must also note out of common sense that there is no realy way of matching a face to a ticket unless you have an AP. for re-entry on teh same day you'd need a handstamp, duh. but obviously next day (hopefully you've showered) there is no stamp left and they just scan the ticket and let you in so i dont see a problem.

but LEGALLY speaking, no you shouldnt be transfering tickets around.

ticket prices are as follows (Adult, Child 3-10):
    Single Park
    1-Day $66 $56

Park Hoppers
    1-Day $91 $81
    2-Day $132 $112
    3-Day $189 $159
    4-Day $214 $184
    5-Day $234 $204
    6-Day $239 $209
    7/8-Day $244 $214
    Last edited by vanx; 04-19-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: formatting

Thank you, vanx, that info is really helpful.

It looks like a really small price increase between 5 and 6 days, so that's probably a good choice - the Disney website doesn't list an advance purchase option for that, though - does that mean we'd need to call and ask or upgrade when we get there?
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Bleh....

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseRemainSeated View Post
    Thank you, vanx, that info is really helpful.

It looks like a really small price increase between 5 and 6 days, so that's probably a good choice - the Disney website doesn't list an advance purchase option for that, though - does that mean we'd need to call and ask or upgrade when we get there?
    funny you should ask, but being on this side of disney (i'm a cm) that i dont know. it doesnt hurt to call disney travel. the prices i told you came from a cast member resource. now it looks like a five dollar upgrade so you can always purchase any ticket and upgrade it before the end of the day you use it. you can do this at city hall located in main street by the entrance of disneyland.

for example, if you pay for a single day hopper, you can apply that purchase towards a 5 day or ap or whatever before the end of that day.

I know that it is technically against the rules, but I "personally" many people who have done this with comeplete stranger and have never had a problem.
    It'll be fine.

The views expressed in this post are not that of all MiceChat members or others who may be affilliated with this site. They are all good law-abiding Disney Citizens.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Former Cast Member

Why not buy 4 day hoppers for your parents and with the money saved from the 6 day, buy deluxe annuals for the other two? I think the cost may be a wash and you don't need to worry about being dragged off handcuffed by security.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Thisguy74 View Post
    Why not buy 4 day hoppers for your parents and with the money saved from the 6 day, buy deluxe annuals for the other two? I think the cost may be a wash and you don't need to worry about being dragged off handcuffed by security.
    Plus, with the APs you can go more times for about the same price.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• no flash photography...

it may be against the rules, but you will be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    it may be against the rules, but you will be able to do it.
    Haha! That's all that really matters, right?

These are all helpful ideas, though. I'm sure we'll be able to work out a schedule that will suit everybody, one way or another.

Every time my family talks about this trip, we end up considering a longer stay. We started with two days, now we're discussing six. The squeaky wheel, friends, the squeaky wheel.

I've never seen them check ID's, but if the prices vanx posted are correct, it's actually cheaper for you to buy a 2-4 day/2-6 day combo

Price of 4-5 day parkhoppers:
    $234 x 4 = $936

Price of 2-4 day and 2-6 day:
    2 ($214) + 2 ($239) = $906

So you're actually going to save $30 by buying the right tickets.

• Bleh....

Quote Originally Posted by Thisguy74 View Post
    problem with deluxe ap is the black out on saturdays....so if you plan on coming in on a weekend, this would be pointless for you unless you wanted to pay the thirty something per black out day to get in.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by vanx View Post
    problem with deluxe ap is the black out on saturdays....so if you plan on coming in on a weekend, this would be pointless for you unless you wanted to pay the thirty something per black out day to get in.
    Good point Vanx. I was just thinking that towards the end of summer, deluxe folks could go in every day. Now that I have rechecked, that isn't true until september. Good catch.