Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mrs. J. Depp

For those who like to ROCK

Did anybody LOVE the rockin versions of Space Mountain and Screamin as much as i did?? Is there a chance they could do this sort of promotion again? I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so for me this was an awesome experience.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Senior Minion

Re: For those who like to ROCK

I am anxiously awaiting the return of at least Rockin' Space Mountain! Thankfully I have the audio on my iPod, so when I do get on regular Space Mountain I can close my eyes and relive the good times.

• Mrs. J. Depp

For me it was the Rockin Screamin version. Around the World had never been like a true favorite of mine until then!

Facebook me!

• =)

Sorry, but I'm hoping it never returns. Doesn't make the slightest bit of thematic sense to me, I'm not fond of the whole party scene, and I don't like being able to see the track anyway.

• Fancy that...

I hope that if it comes back it's a whole lot more spacey, What was it supposed to thematicly be anyway? It was way too bright in the room, It just made Space Mountian a cheap version of The Rockin' Rollercoaster IMO, I wouldn't mind it coming back if it was just a different soundtrack and maybe those light up things when you turn, (just none of those stupid progections of people dancing) But one thing that was fun was the beggining! all the graphics on the side when you were going up were pretty cool (and trippy)

Either way, Ther normal SM will always be better, but I can see(if they re-do it) it being a nice overlay every so often, though I'm still not a huge fan of overlaying attractions period..:/

BTW Izzy, haha,I love your location! anchorman rules!

• =)

What was it supposed to thematicly be anyway?
    It wasn't supposed to be anything thematically, really. It was an excuse to remix the attraction, with something about a performance on a "space stage" thrown in. It's fine if others enjoyed it...but I'd have a serious problem with someone trying to tell me that it actually fit in Tomorrowland.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    It wasn't supposed to be anything thematically, really. It was an excuse to remix the attraction, with something about a performance on a "space stage" thrown in. It's fine if others enjoyed it...but I'd have a serious problem with someone trying to tell me that it actually fit in Tomorrowland.
    It could come back with some serious imagineering to make it make sense, I have the same problemo Data

• The Pirate Girl

I liked it on Screamin, but when they allowed you to actually see where you were going on Space, it kinda killed it for me. Didn't like that too much, despite liking the RHCP.
    So I kinda hope it doesn't come back.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

If Disneyland want's a roller coaster to rock, they already know how. But I don't think it's an annual make over... WDW's Rocki'n Roller Coaster is a hit (although I haven't experienced it yet) I hear good things about it. Rocki'n Space/ Screaming was a great concept, but not the best execution.

• =)

Rocki'n Space/ Screaming was a great concept, but not the best execution.
    Nah, I think it was a perfect execution of a very flawed concept. The idea is to turn Space Mountain into a kinetic rock concert inside the structure. It has nothing to do with Tomorrowland; the "space stage" consists of loud and unfuturistic music playing while bright lights shine in your face and you careen at what seems like a slower speed than usual past projections of dancers. Calling it a space stage doesn't make it one.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I am anxiously awaiting the return of at least Rockin' Space Mountain! Thankfully I have the audio on my iPod, so when I do get on regular Space Mountain I can close my eyes and relive the good times.
    Do you have the entire ride audio? or just the Chili Pepper's song that was used?

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Nah, I think it was a perfect execution of a very flawed concept. The idea is to turn Space Mountain into a kinetic rock concert inside the structure. It has nothing to do with Tomorrowland; the "space stage" consists of loud and unfuturistic music playing while bright lights shine in your face and you careen at what seems like a slower speed than usual past projections of dancers. Calling it a space stage doesn't make it one.
    The space stage concept is flawed, not Rockin' Space Mountian. They could of very well just changed the music and kept it looking like you're in space, that's were my problem was with Rockin' Space Mountian. Just take out all of the extra lights from the space part and we have a perfectly good overlay.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I actually liked that it felt like a concert. It was a break from the norm which i enjoyed while it lasted....

Facebook me!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    BTW Izzy, haha,I love your location! anchorman rules!
    LOL Thanks! Gotta love Ron Bergundy!

Facebook me!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I actually liked that it felt like a concert. It was a break from the norm which i enjoyed while it lasted....
    everyone has their own opinion, I just realy hated it
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    LOL Thanks! Gotta love Ron Bergundy!
    wooHoo!

"I'm kind of a big deal... People know me"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast