Thread: Rope Drop Info

Rope Drop Info

It's been a while since I have been to DL in the morning for opening. I was wondering if anybody could provide me with some detail on how rope drop works and if they do it every morning. The park opens at 9:00 the first day I will be there, do they let people on Mainstreet prior to this or do they open the gates at 9:00?

I appreciate any info people can pass along.

Re: Rope Drop Info

i believe they still do rope drop it just depends on whether its a magic morning for hotel guests. IF it is a magic morning then there is no rope drop because the hotel guests are let in a hour early. I am not sure of the days i will look them up real quik.
    Last edited by vannie<3; 04-19-2008 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by vannie<3 View Post
    i believe they still do rope drop it just depends on whether its a magic morning for hotel guests.

I will be there on a Friday which I do not believe is a Magic Morning day.

Ok so magic mornings are at disneyland one hour prior to park opening on sunday tuesday thursday and saturday

Ok so magic mornings are at disneyland one hour prior to park opening on sunday tuesday thursday and saturday

Okay, so if it is not a Magic Morning and the park opens at 9:00, do they let people on to Mainstreet prior to 9:00? And what exactly is rope drop? Do they block of Mainstreet with a rope right before the Hub only letting guests go that far until the park "opens" at 9:00?

• Banned User

They start letting people in at about 8:45, then people wait on main street, then at 9 a.m. they drop the rope. If you are a hotel guest then you get let in an hour earlier

Jeez the last time i did rope drop was at least two years ago (i just never seem to make it there early anymore) But yes they let us in before nine but held us at the end of main street right before the hub. If you want to make it for rope drop arrive early because parking itself could take an hour. (totall to park and get to front gate maybey longer if you still need to buy a ticket)

Wink Re: Rope Drop Info

Quote Originally Posted by startours1 View Post
    They start letting people in at about 8:45, then people wait on main street, then at 9 a.m. they drop the rope. If you are a hotel guest then you get let in an hour earlier
    So they only start letting people on to Mainstreet 15 minutes before park opening? For some reason I thought it was sooner than that. Are the shops open during that time?

Jeez the last time i did rope drop was at least two years ago (i just never seem to make it there early anymore) But yes they let us in before nine but held us at the end of main street right before the hub. If you want to make it for rope drop arrive early because parking itself could take an hour. (totall to park and get to front gate maybey longer if you still need to buy a ticket)
    That's my problem too vannie, getting there early can be hard. Thanks for the advice, I will make sure I am there plenty early.

Cool! oh and welcome to mice chat and yes i believe the shops were open especially the bakerey which seves deliscious COFFEE!!!!

Cool! oh and welcome to mice chat and yes i believe the shops were open especially the bakerey which seves deliscious COFFEE!!!!

Thanks vannie, good to be here!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Met View Post
    It's been a while since I have been to DL in the morning for opening. I was wondering if anybody could provide me with some detail on how rope drop works and if they do it every morning. The park opens at 9:00 the first day I will be there, do they let people on Mainstreet prior to this or do they open the gates at 9:00?

I appreciate any info people can pass along.

I'm pretty sure they start letting guests in at least 1/2 an hour before rope drop, and yes, the shops are open, and I THINK the carnation cafe is open as well.

As for parking, what a pain in the butt. Usually, they won't start letting cars in until 1/2 an hour before and you'll wait at LEAST that long as they are usually VERY understaffed for the first hour in the morning.

Grrr.