Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Who Loves Disneyland?

Chronicals of Narnia a ride at DCA????

With Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the Harry Potter movies should Disney turn their new movie Chronicals of Narnia into a ride?
    I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Magic Kingdom 1992 and 2008
    Disneyland 1984, 1987, 1993 (3x's), 1998, 2005, 2007

• That's Hawt

Re: Chronicals of Narnia a ride at DCA????

It depends ... the previews I have seen make it look like a very good movie but I am not sure how well it would translate into a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

How about another Diorama in the same vain as the Grand Canyon/Primeval World. Could be built somewhere near Fantasyland(such as Festival Arena). This would allow for maximum visuals and no outlay of cash towards ride system since the train is going that way anyway
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    How about another Diorama in the same vain as the Grand Canyon/Primeval World. Could be built somewhere near Fantasyland(such as Festival Arena). This would allow for maximum visuals and no outlay of cash towards ride system since the train is going that way anyway
    If Disney adds any Narnia stuff it needs to be worthwhile. Not just a diorama. If anything but a really impressive D+ or E ticket is built for the movie, then there is no point.

I think the only place for this would be in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot as well.. To me, only animated classics belong in Fantasyland, and a live-action fantasy like this would throw off Fantasyland. Besides, DCA needs more stuff to do anyway

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

This type of attraction is obviously a stronger pick to head out to Animal Kingdom in Florida, where it could easily fit in as a mythical creature land. I could see it potentially fitting in at HPB and maybe Fantasyland, in the old MBC area, since it would fit in rather nicely in the area of the Matterhorn. I think AK will get it first though, leaving DLR to settle for a clone. DLR has quite a few attractions already in the works right now.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

DCA really does need more. Maybe they could put a dark ride type attraction in the building where MILLIONAIRE was.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    If Disney adds any Narnia stuff it needs to be worthwhile. Not just a diorama. If anything but a really impressive D+ or E ticket is built for the movie, then there is no point.

I think the only place for this would be in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot as well.. To me, only animated classics belong in Fantasyland, and a live-action fantasy like this would throw off Fantasyland. Besides, DCA needs more stuff to do anyway
    Um...it really wouldn't be in Fantasyland any more then the Dinosaurs of Primeval World are in Tomorrowland or Main St.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    This type of attraction is obviously a stronger pick to head out to Animal Kingdom in Florida, where it could easily fit in as a mythical creature land. I could see it potentially fitting in at HPB and maybe Fantasyland, in the old MBC area, since it would fit in rather nicely in the area of the Matterhorn. I think AK will get it first though, leaving DLR to settle for a clone. DLR has quite a few attractions already in the works right now.
    With Everest in Asia having the Yeti.. (mythical..) I doubt Disney would build Beastly Kingdom or Narnia at AK.... Now havig something more at MGM than the sets could be a posibility... and have DCA get something for the holywood area.. the sets other sets could be moved to DCA in the old millionare building... since it won't open again most likely... and that is a sound stage.. Right?

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I believe WWtBaM's soundstage is currently under the control of the entertainment department, which does have some sort of show in the works, so I think it is spoken for. Hollywood and Dine, however....
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

They should focus on empty buildins.. and use what they have like that one soundstage for showing things... like a set from a mega movie.. Like Narnia.. Pirates... and a few other things... and it could change out every year or 6 months...unless they do have something grand in mind...

• Sock Puppet

I think a ride on Narnia is a great idea, but in DCA? What would it have to do with California?

Yes, I know - what does Monsters, Inc. have to do with California, or Bug's Life, or Muppets, or Brother Bear, or. . . I know, but shouldn't any new rides they build in DCA going forward have something to do with original theme of the park?

A Narnia ride would fit better in DL but I can't see where they'd have the space to do it justice.

Just doesn't seem very Disney-ish to me.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by NPCody
    Just doesn't seem very Disney-ish to me.
    It doesnt seem very Disney-ish to me either... at least not yet. Learning more about the film leads me to believe we might have a hit on our hands. Only time will tell. And its time that should be well worth the wait before we start drawing plans for an attraction or even a whole land. we need to see how the movies plays out. give it two after its opening and if its made 50 mil. in two weeks give it a go! but make it good. we cant have a blockbuster movie with a a-c ticket attraction. theres a difference between sequals for the sake of making sequels and a franchise! this movie could be (if mgnt doesnt screw it up... like lizzy maguire. i just got done reading that portion of DisneyWar) a long lasting, adopted in the Disney Family, bonafide franchise and a huge first hit and money maker under Iger. I dont care where they put he attraction just as long as it doesnt suck it up!!!!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

•   
    • Minion

I certainly hope they don't make Narnia into a ride... I can hear CS Lewis just turn in his grave... I find the whole concept kinda sick, actually...
    Check out my other blog:

it really wouldn't fit in DCA

it'd need a large footprint and hollywood really shouldn't get more land (except maybe the timone tram area but that'd be impossible to build to)

I don't like generic all encompassing theme lands anyways (I hate Hollywood being treated as such and I hate the idea of fantasyland being treated as such too)

that said I think it would fit in with Fantasyland with it's fairytale like nature

it does seem more serious and less innocent then what the fantasyland norm is though

I just don't know if it'd match the feel of the park

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast