Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Club 33 is for Dumbo

It's all relative.

When I was a kid, if someone gave me $ 5 it made me feel rich.

Once you start earning more money, it's not as big a deal.

If you are rich, then these numbers are like $ 5 is to us normal folk.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This thread is pretty silly. I heard Club 33 has violin music. Sounds appropriate for those that can't afford it yet whine about those that can.

Some people just can't enjoy something unless they know others are denied it. The more denied it the better. But it isn't limited to the social clubs and it sure isn't limited to the rich. You see the same attitude manifest in some of the various complaints about the DDP on some WDW sites. Some people in the early lines to get Nintendo Wiis or way back in the day cabbage patch kids were not there because they wanted one for its own sake.. They wanted to be able to say THEY got one. It's not everyone. But it is there. If that's their bag so be it. But it's not my bag. I've never had any interest in club 33 even though I could easily afford it. Catal and Napa Rose have better food and the "exclusivity" means nothing to me.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Club 33 is not limited to personal memberships. There are members who are businesses. Must be something to the concept, since there are two.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    This thread is pretty silly. I heard Club 33 has violin music. Sounds appropriate for those that can't afford it yet whine about those that can.

I've seen no evidence of whining on this thread prior to your post, nor any evidence that those who don't feel Club 33 gives them value for their money cannot afford it.

• Winter in Oceanside...

There may not be whining, but there does seem to be a bit of judging.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by WSVR View Post
    I've seen no evidence of whining on this thread prior to your post, nor any evidence that those who don't feel Club 33 gives them value for their money cannot afford it.
    Well when people tell others their money would be better spent elsewhere it's pretty much sour grapes. CLub 33 is for Dumbo? I guess that isn't whining but it's pretty damn rude.

• Minion

yeah I get in through goodyear connections.
    its not all personal memberships.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

If I had the money... YES I would join!

• Former DL CM

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I'm not so sure the majority of the club members are even Disney afficianados so much as rich people who enjoy a prestigious and expensive dinner club in a place where most people would DIE to join.
    There are, generally speaking, two types of memberships. First, business members--whether they are designated corporate memberships (which can be used by multiple persons from the corporation) or individual memberships purchased by individuals that own their own businesses. These members use their memberships to offer the opportunity to visit Club 33 to customers and/or employees.

Second, there are individual memberships that use the Club for personal use (there are many "members only" events over the course of a year) as well as for family and friends. I assure you that all individual members are not "rich" but the cost of membership certainly does put membership beyond reach for many families/individuals. I think it is fair to say that virtually all individual club members are Disney enthusiasts at some level, but the degree of interest certainly spans a spectrum. I have met members who are railroad enthusiasts and are mainly interested in the Disney railroads, whereas other members regularly dress up as characters or in other Disney garb--they are into Disney characters in a big way. I doubt that there are many individual members that would deny being Disney enthusiasts and who joined only to be able to purchase an expensive meal at the Disney resort. After all, one can easily spend as much or more eating at the Napa Rose.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

It is all relative. I don't understand someone spending $20,000 a night for a hotel room, but to each their own right? But, I do have to say that calling Burger King food cracks me up

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I say if you have the money and you feel it's worth it, go for it. I don't think that calling someone dumbo because you personally don't see the value in something isn't right.

That being said I think Club 33 is a great thing, if I had the money, I would certainly be a member and even though I'm not, I don't think it warrants feeling animosity towards others who do, you should be happy for others that do get to go.

Although if you want to eat there so badly, I recommend getting a higher paying job that affords you the ability, then you can go as much as you like.

Smile Re: Club 33 is for Dumbo

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I say if you have the money and you feel it's worth it, go for it. I don't think that calling someone dumbo because you personally don't see the value in something isn't right.

That being said I think Club 33 is a great thing, if I had the money, I would certainly be a member and even though I'm not, I don't think it warrants feeling animosity towards others who do, you should be happy for others that do get to go.

Although if you want to eat there so badly, I recommend getting a higher paying job that affords you the ability, then you can go as much as you like.
    Everything is relative, I don't think the OP was calling anyone stupid, but in their mind dropping 12k a year plus the cost of food is unjustified, which is understandable. Not everyone is in a position of financial wealth or great financial wealth.

However on the flipside, if you do have the money and are a Disney fanatic, then yes, its worth it...it depends on what side of the spectrum you stand.

So put this up for question then, would you pay for a 1000 shower curtain? It's the same question...I don't think anyone is calling anyone else stupid...

Comeon, this is micechat be friendly! +D

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
    We are nothing but friendly!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
    Everything is relative, I don't think the OP was calling anyone stupid, but in their mind dropping 12k a year plus the cost of food is unjustified, which is understandable. Not everyone is in a position of financial wealth or great financial wealth.

However on the flipside, if you do have the money and are a Disney fanatic, then yes, its worth it...it depends on what side of the spectrum you stand.

So put this up for question then, would you pay for a 1000 shower curtain? It's the same question...I don't think anyone is calling anyone else stupid...

Ah, well if that is the case then I apologize.

$1000 shower curtain? I don't know, does it do anything special? :P I know you weren't being serious, I just had to ask that question. LOL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast