• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Is the Food and Wine thingie making DCA busier?

We were planning on visiting DCA on next Sunday as we thought we would avoid DL on this day which we assumed would be very busy.

I did not know about the Food and Wine show until today. Is it making it crowded?

Was anyone there today? Today is a Sunday... I can compare.

Disney Road

• no flash photography...

Re: Is the Food and Wine thingie making DCA busier?

It may make it more crowded, but I think the 2fer is the main thing making it busy right now. The weekend of the 26/27 would have been the last day to use them until the extended it to the end of may, but how many people know it was extended and will show up on that weekend to use the,...IDK...I will be there Saturday though.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awww... I'll be at the noon meet on the 27th. I was hoping you'd stop by and say hi!

I've never been to the Food and Wine thing (the 26th will be my first time), but I think weekends from now until about... September will be busy no matter what. I don't think there really is much of a down time or off season anymore.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Lackey

We were there today and it was crazy crowded. Most crowds were around the food and wine events. I don't remember a day so crowded at DCA and I've never seen so much rudeness - pushing, shoving, bumping with bags and backpacks, cutting in lines and around barricaded areas... not a happy day there. We even figured it would be crowded and were ready to deal with that, but not all of the rude people. That kind of made our first time seeing the Pixar Precipitation Parade that much worse. The only CM problem we saw was the lack of controlling and regulating the designated VIP areas from being swarmed by people crashing the roped off sections after others had been told they couldn't be there - which ended up blocking everyone that had waited for a while in good spots next to them. The end of 2fer won't help and the boozer festival won't either. Now they're going to go and improve the place and more people will be there all of the time - hopefully not so many rude ones, though. We didn't even go to the DL side today - maybe it wasn't so bad.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Quote Originally Posted by WOKcreative View Post
    We were there today and it was crazy crowded. Most crowds were around the food and wine events. I don't remember a day so crowded at DCA and I've never seen so much rudeness - pushing, shoving, bumping with bags and backpacks, cutting in lines and around barricaded areas... not a happy day there. We even figured it would be crowded and were ready to deal with that, but not all of the rude people. That kind of made our first time seeing the Pixar Precipitation Parade that much worse. The only CM problem we saw was the lack of controlling and regulating the designated VIP areas from being swarmed by people crashing the roped off sections after others had been told they couldn't be there - which ended up blocking everyone that had waited for a while in good spots next to them. The end of 2fer won't help and the boozer festival won't either. Now they're going to go and improve the place and more people will be there all of the time - hopefully not so many rude ones, though. We didn't even go to the DL side today - maybe it wasn't so bad.
    My Goodness! That sounds like a horrible day! Considering I am not local and only go once every three years I am now a bit worried.

Disney Road

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by WOKcreative View Post
    oh no. Im so sorry to hear.

• Lackey

Sorry, didn't mean to worry you. Just go in prepared for what it may be, and maybe it won't be so bad. It was the first time I have really felt that I just wanted to leave. After finding a not quite so crowded area for dinner (Pizza Oom Mow Mow), things settled a little, either from some going over to DL or just calling it quits for the day. It was sort of more like a normal crowd, but time for us to go by then anyway, to get the kids home before a busy school week ahead.
    We're very glad we have the passes, to be able to relax a little more and not worry about getting onto every ride. We just seemed pushed to the limits this time.
    Hope your trip is better. It usually isn't so bad.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

today was insanely busy.. its been busy ever since spring break..... lines were long everywhere.
    “Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.”

totally crazy today but awsome!!!! As a cast member i can only anticipate the good busy days to come to DCA after the remodel. Dont get too upset at cast members we are not trained or used to "Disneyland" crowds!!!" So i am sure some if not most were perplexed by the busy day. However i loved it this is what DCA should be and everyone needs to get used to the fat that DCA will one be as good and "busy: as DL and yea it might be "pushy" but it will be loved and tolerated just like DL and its crowd situation. hope that made sense i am tired after a 8 hour shift plus three hour dirve time...and a little vino to help as a night cap!!!