Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ISTC Instructor

Haunted Mansion LP

Look what I just found in my university library.

I thought I would record the audio from this record and scan the pictures from the book, but it looks like doombuggies beat me to it.
    http://www.doombuggies.com/media_audio2.php

Just thought it was a cool find that some of you may not have known about. I'll have it for a couple of weeks if you have any questions and I can always get it from the library!
    Always follow your dreams...

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Haunted Mansion LP

The Internet could always do with another copy of it. It's great! I say go for it.

• ISTC Instructor

I was going to make myself a copy anyways so perhaps I will post a new audio link and the pictures from the book.

Doombuggies has pictures from the book as well, but they are very small and you can't see the words.

http://www.doombuggies.com/media_aud...andsongpix.php

So if you guys want to see some bigger pictures, let me know and I will scan the entire book. Otherwise I won't clutter up the boards.

The only reason I would re-post the audio is because the one on doombuggies sounds like it is in mono, while the record is actually in stereo. It sounds really nice!

• Collision speed....FULL!

I have that album! A friend of ours transferred it to CD a while ago.

• ISTC Instructor

This album is interesting as it's not a straight soundtrack, but tells a story of two teenage kids getting trapped in the mansion and basically walking through the ride. It kind of makes me think of how the Haunted Mansion would have been if it was a walk through attraction like it was once envisioned.

I'm so lucky to have found this little treasure. Too bad I have to return it .

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by DocPaddock View Post
    This album is interesting as it's not a straight soundtrack, but tells a story of two teenage kids getting trapped in the mansion and basically walking through the ride. It kind of makes me think of how the Haunted Mansion would have been if it was a walk through attraction like it was once envisioned.

I'm so lucky to have found this little treasure. Too bad I have to return it .
    Wikipedia:

"
    Disneyland Records released The Story and Song From The Haunted Mansion as a record album in 1969. It featured the story of two teenagers, Mike (Ron Howard) and Karen (Robie Lester), who get trapped inside the Haunted Mansion, with Thurl Ravenscroft as the Narrator, Pete Renoudet as the Ghost Host, and Eleanor Audley as Madame Leota. Some of the effects and ideas that were planned but never permanently made it to the attraction are mentioned here: the Raven speaks in the Stretching Room, and the Hatbox Ghost is mentioned during the Attic scene. It was reissued in 1998 as a cassette tape titled A Spooky Night in Disney's Haunted Mansion.
    Previously, as the Haunted Mansion attraction was in its planning stages and still known as "The Haunted House," Disneyland Records released the album Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House (1964), a collection of sound effects and brief "stories in sound" introduced by a narrator, Laura Olsher. Many of the sound effects, originally created for the vintage Disney cartoons, were later used in the Haunted Mansion ride. The same title was used by Disneyland Records in 1979 for a new album of sound effects and story situations.
    Disneyland Records released The Story and Song From The Haunted Mansion as a record album in 1969. It featured the story of two teenagers, Mike (Ron Howard) and Karen (Robie Lester), who get trapped inside the Haunted Mansion, with Thurl Ravenscroft as the Narrator, Pete Renoudet as the Ghost Host, and Eleanor Audley as Madame Leota. Some of the effects and ideas that were planned but never permanently made it to the attraction are mentioned here: the Raven speaks in the Stretching Room, and the Hatbox Ghost is mentioned during the Attic scene. It was reissued in 1998 as a cassette tape titled A Spooky Night in Disney's Haunted Mansion.
    Previously, as the Haunted Mansion attraction was in its planning stages and still known as "The Haunted House," Disneyland Records released the album Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House (1964), a collection of sound effects and brief "stories in sound" introduced by a narrator, Laura Olsher. Many of the sound effects, originally created for the vintage Disney cartoons, were later used in the Haunted Mansion ride. The same title was used by Disneyland Records in 1979 for a new album of sound effects and story situation".
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• my two sunshines

I have the Haunted Mansion record with the orange and black cover - It's moved everywhere with me (as well as my original Shirley Temple album) don't know why, just haven't been able to part with them - I'm sure my Mom has more in her collection, my Dad hasn't gone through them since she passed a few years ago, so he has a ton of original Sinatra's, Torme and Disney records

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    I have the Haunted Mansion record with the orange and black cover - It's moved everywhere with me (as well as my original Shirley Temple album) don't know why, just haven't been able to part with them - I'm sure my Mom has more in her collection, my Dad hasn't gone through them since she passed a few years ago, so he has a ton of original Sinatra's, Torme and Disney records
    I have that one too... somewhere....

• ISTC Instructor

I finished getting the audio off of the album. I, however, am worried about copyright laws so am trying to figure if there is a legal way to post it without getting myself into trouble.

Once again, if any of you reading haven't heard it, click the link above as doombuggies has a copy. I was just considering making a higher quality stereo file available.

• Circle of Ancients

I finished getting the audio off of the album. I, however, am worried about copyright laws so am trying to figure if there is a legal way to post it without getting myself into trouble.

Once again, if any of you reading haven't heard it, click the link above as doombuggies has a copy. I was just considering making a higher quality stereo file available.
    It's for educational purposes.

• Multi-decade CM

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    That's not the Haunted Mansion record. It is Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House. Came out in both an orange and, later, a white cover. It was followed up by another record of the same name but with different sounds.

Band 1 was always my favourite:

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hilltop near your home there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths.

One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the top-most window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate...and you never return!
    Band 10 gets the silver medal: <Gulp> That was delicious. I wonder what it was?

Hahahahhaha!

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Psychic wanted. Qualified persons know where to apply.

--== TIGERS' QUEST - http://www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - http://www.dwad.net
    --== A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - http://christmas.dwad.net

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    That's not the Haunted Mansion record. It is Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House. Came out in both an orange and, later, a white cover. It was followed up by another record of the same name but with different sounds.

Band 1 was always my favourite:

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hilltop near your home there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths.

One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the top-most window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate...and you never return!
    Band 10 gets the silver medal: <Gulp> That was delicious. I wonder what it was?

Hahahahhaha!

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Psychic wanted. Qualified persons know where to apply.

--== TIGERS' QUEST - http://www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - http://www.dwad.net
    --== A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - http://christmas.dwad.net
    But it was used as a build-up to Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion. At that point, the name had not been finalized.

• Geoff London

Doesn't seem to have worried Doombuggies.com
    If Disney isn't happy they would let you know (you can be sure of that) and you'd be asked to remove it. Given that there are lots of ipod broadcasts and radio stations putting out Disney stuff I'd just put a disclaimer in place saying that the copyright in the work is owned by Disney.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Inhospitable about happy

If you want to know what to credit (or blame) for creating the Hatbox Ghost mystique (or cult), look no further than this record album. Old Hattie is smack dab in the middle of the cover, like he owns the place or something.

And he gets an entire page to himself (out of only 11 pages) in the attached booklet.

And in the narration, he is described in more detail than any other ghost except Madame Leota.

A similar degree of graphic and narrative attention is lavished on the HBG with the little kid's souvenir record, as well:

So, thanks to these records, lots and lots of kids and teens knew about and heard about a Haunted Mansion ghost that simply isn't there. (HBG was pulled out less than a month after opening).

From such things are legends born.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    If you want to know what to credit (or blame) for creating the Hatbox Ghost mystique (or cult), look no further than this record album. Old Hattie is smack dab in the middle of the cover, like he owns the place or something.And in the narration, he is described in more detail than any other ghost except Madame Leota.

A similar degree of graphic and narrative attention is lavished on the HBG with the little kid's souvenir record, as well:

So, thanks to these records, lots and lots of kids and teens knew about and heard about a Haunted Mansion ghost that simply isn't there. (HBG was pulled out less than a month after opening).

From such things are legends born.
    And we always wondered where the heck they were hiding him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast