• ...TWO BITS!

04/20/08-General Updates & Closures at DL

While in the park with friends today I noticed a few things and items of interests for readers. For those who are into what attractions were down. But also for the MC photographers to get a picture of from general updates to the park.

1) Roger Rabbit was down sometime in the morning.

2) Columbia was going backwards from Critter Country to the Fowler Harbor full of guests. But once evac, given green re-admit cards. Mark Twain was having problems and blocked traffic. But it shortly ran through the river with no guests. Approx 4:30-5pm?

3) Star Trader (the shop directly at Star Tours exit) just received a new Build-Your-Own Lightsaber console since Tuesday. Apparently it's a popular item. I think WDW had one of these, correct me if I'm wrong.

4) Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage received new gates to help prevent guests from walking around the dock where they shouldn't be around Wed/Thurs. Also either the 3rd seagull was back on the buoy, OR they moved the 2nd seagull into the 3rd seagull's position. It's been a couple months since all 3 were there.

Yup.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: 04/20/08-General Updates & Closures at DL

It actually backed from the other side of Pirates Lair. Fun times.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

RE: Columbia

Durring Friday nights 10:30 Fantasmic show the Columbia was being pushed from the back by one of the twin motor black speed boats for its part in the show. Also, the stunt pirate that falls from the upper ropes down onto the air bag was missing, and Codfish was also MIA.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    While in the park with friends today I noticed a few things and items of interests for readers. For those who are into what attractions were down. But also for the MC photographers to get a picture of from general updates to the park.

1) Roger Rabbit was down sometime in the morning.

2) Columbia was going backwards from Critter Country to the Fowler Harbor full of guests. But once evac, given green re-admit cards. Mark Twain was having problems and blocked traffic. But it shortly ran through the river with no guests. Approx 4:30-5pm?

3) Star Trader (the shop directly at Star Tours exit) just received a new Build-Your-Own Lightsaber console since Tuesday. Apparently it's a popular item. I think WDW had one of these, correct me if I'm wrong.

4) Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage received new gates to help prevent guests from walking around the dock where they shouldn't be around Wed/Thurs. Also either the 3rd seagull was back on the buoy, OR they moved the 2nd seagull into the 3rd seagull's position. It's been a couple months since all 3 were there.

Yup.
    EDIT: Also forgot to note The Lion King Float in Parade of Dreams didn't go out onstage. And yes, during Fantasmic's Peter Pan sequence, the falling pirate and croc didn't show up, but for some reason that small boat is pushing the Columbia. Thanks Mike. Wow Mr F, it started backing up from WAY back there?! ha.

I also think the new F! lights have REALLY brightened up the dark areas of the show where they should be. Like seeing The Little Mermaid barge setting up to enter onstage while the Columbia exits.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• A Weather Eye Open

I watched F! at the 9:00 show last night, and this is the second time I've seen it with the new lights (first time EVER I've seen it not sitting directly center; I was off towards the CC side between the two screens this time) I think the new lights are really amazing, and the fact that you could see the set-ups didn't bother me. I could see them before the new lights came anyway, and as long as the performers are in character it works out. The people who originally directed F! really were masters of diversion.

The Columbia was not being pushed at the 9:00 show, but there was no croc, no falling pirate (I don't think), and I THINK the pirate that does a huge rope swing over the side when the boat is center didn't do the stunt. I think that Hook did his swing over the back, however.

I also watched the 6:30 POD, and there was no Lion King unit. Also missing: Ariel! I have no idea if it was something wrong with the float, or with the performer, but I wondered! Her dancers and her float and everything was going, but her little coral seat was empty.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I watched F! at the 9:00 show last night, and this is the second time I've seen it with the new lights (first time EVER I've seen it not sitting directly center; I was off towards the CC side between the two screens this time) I think the new lights are really amazing, and the fact that you could see the set-ups didn't bother me. I could see them before the new lights came anyway, and as long as the performers are in character it works out. The people who originally directed F! really were masters of diversion.

The Columbia was not being pushed at the 9:00 show, but there was no croc, no falling pirate (I don't think), and I THINK the pirate that does a huge rope swing over the side when the boat is center didn't do the stunt. I think that Hook did his swing over the back, however.

I also watched the 6:30 POD, and there was no Lion King unit. Also missing: Ariel! I have no idea if it was something wrong with the float, or with the performer, but I wondered! Her dancers and her float and everything was going, but her little coral seat was empty.
    Yup you are correct on the Columbia being pushed. Yes indeed the Crocodile was missing in Fantasmic. I got to see the 10:30 showing with Dantasmic. But yes in POD Lion King was indeed missing. But to finish up on Fantasmic the Swinging Pirate was back in the 10:30pm showing. But the only thing that was quite surprising was the fact that Winds were being a bad nuisance to Disneyland and cancelling the fireworks. DARN YOU WIND!!!!