Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Indiana Jones Attraction Poster: What? Where? How? When?

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Thanks for the helpful info

yeah I have never seen it anywhere at the park

I wonder if it s available in the indy gift shop maybe just rolled up somewheres in a barrel or something??

Nope! I checked many a times. It's pretty much gone. And for 13 years now. Just like the Star Tours poster that is no longer available. i regret not picking that one up when I saw it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Where? How about right here!

May i present to you #435/500 Indiana Jones Adventure Litho by DREW STRUZAN

I did my best to make it look printable. I shot this on my living room floor so there was massive lens distortion and uneven lighting. so if you find discrepancies, please keep that in mind. Here is a preview image and below is a link to a larger image thats 2317x3351 in resolution. I think that will be enough to make your own poster print. again it could have been larger but fixing the distortion eats up pixels. it started out as a 2912x4368 image. at 150dpi you can print at 22x15 inches. currently its at 240dpi which prints at 9.5x14. If your not sure how to adjust it, pm me and ill take care of it.

Enjoy homie.

Size: Humungous
    http://web.mac.com/orbitalpunk/misc/indy.zip

You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• =)

Thanks so much for posting it, orbitalpunk! That is a great poster. Drew Struzan's done a lot of really fantastic work, and this one does not disappoint. Interesting how Indy shows up as kind of a cross between Harrison Ford and the AA you see in the attraction--to my eyes, at least. He doesn't fully look like Harrison, but there's more of a resemblance than the AAs have. But anyway, yeah, he really got a lot of the important elements in there. Pretty nice poster.

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor
    Honestly this is my business I know freedom isnt popular in this country anymore, I have seem plenty of long ones with pix of people puppies and kids etc I just scroll past it without a thought and certainly dont use a public forum to tell people my opinions about their personal signatures..... maybe someone should actually read some of what it says....
    It's too bad you have to turn my simple request into a harbinger of the loss of freedom in the United States of America, but that is where your personal business comes in, I suppose. I'm glad long signatures don't bother you; that's one less thing for you to worry about. However, they can be irksome to plenty of people, especially when you are posting four posts in a row. Luckily, you turned your sig off temporarily for those posts, and I thank you for that, though ideally, you'd just edit your original post.

I guess if you're going to be stubborn about this, I'll let the official MiceChat rules and regulations speak for themselves:

Quote Originally Posted by Faq: MiceChat Rules and Regulations
    While we do not have a "Maximum" size for signature images, users are asked to keep their Sig Lines as small as possible, so the boards do not become too cluttered looking.
    Check it out for yourself if you don't trust me.

Oh, and FYI, I have read every single quote in your sig. They're all good ones, and the Photoshop job is an enjoyable one. But too much of a good thing is not a good thing at all. I'm not seeing how any of those are applicable to your argument, since Walt said very little about freedom on the size of Internet signatures...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'm glad long signatures don't bother you; that's one less thing for you to worry about. However, they can be irksome to plenty of people, especially when you are posting four posts in a row. Luckily, you turned your sig off temporarily for those posts, and I thank you for that, though ideally, you'd just edit your original post.
    This is dangerously off topic for this thread, but I have to agree. I had to turn off the viewing of signatures long ago because things were just too cluttered. Actual message content was buried in a mound of noise.

• MiceChat Moderator

Thanks so much for posting it, orbitalpunk! That is a great poster. Drew Struzan's done a lot of really fantastic work, and this one does not disappoint. Interesting how Indy shows up as kind of a cross between Harrison Ford and the AA you see in the attraction--to my eyes, at least. He doesn't fully look like Harrison, but there's more of a resemblance than the AAs have. But anyway, yeah, he really got a lot of the important elements in there. Pretty nice poster.

I really don't know what you're seeing because it's Harrison Ford's likeness through and through. There's no animatronic mixed into the art. That's a bizarre statement!

• =)

I really don't know what you're seeing because it's Harrison Ford's likeness through and through. There's no animatronic mixed into the art. That's a bizarre statement!
    I did word it a little badly--I didn't mean that the art looks like an AA, simply that the likeness doesn't look quite as strong to me as it could. Hence it splits the difference between the normal approach and the approach the Indy AAs take, which is to avoid any resemblance beyond the superficial.

This is dangerously off topic for this thread, but I have to agree. I had to turn off the viewing of signatures long ago because things were just too cluttered. Actual message content was buried in a mound of noise.
    I know the feeling. The sad part is, there's a lot of great stuff that can be put in a sig, but too much just makes for annoyance and the whole scroll-past-as-fast-as-you-can thing, which is useless for the sig's owner, since the point is for other people to actually read the sig.

• Banned User

My angle on this is very simple it limits who can ride on it, little kids, disabled people cannot..... I used to be able to ride it now that i am disabled I cannot anymore

imagine how that feels?
    I'm sorry... My bad...

• Mrs. J. Depp

It's because Harrison Ford did used to look much younger when those movies came out AND when that ride came out. He's looking a tad worn nowadays but hopefully the new movie will help revive him!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• MiceChat Moderator

I did word it a little badly--I didn't mean that the art looks like an AA, simply that the likeness doesn't look quite as strong to me as it could. Hence it splits the difference between the normal approach and the approach the Indy AAs take, which is to avoid any resemblance beyond the superficial.

Well, it's harrison ford. There's no avoiding any resemblance and no explanation is necessary. If it's off model to you, then it's off model to you. Perhaps if you saw it up close, it may help. But just like the movie posters, video game box art, book covers that are done by Drew Struzan, it's all Harrison Ford. They don't hire Drew for nothing!

• Golden State of Mind

(my sig is my own private biz thanks) :-)
    keep your pimp hand strong
    Well, thank you for changing it, though you didn't have to remove it completely. However, it's definitely not your personal business; the idea of a sig is for everyone to see it, and since it takes up space in other people's viewings of the site, it's nice to be considerate. Your old sig was filling up a huge chunk of space, which means others had to do a lot of scrolling. Keeping sigs at a reasonable size comes with the territory whenever you're part of a public forum, and you hadn't responded to any of my previous requests. Make sense?

EDIT: Oop, never mind, your sig's still there. I wish you'd be a little more considerate about this, GM.
    why dont you try this little feature called disable sigs
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Yeah, just go to User CP / Edit Options / Thread Display Options / uncheck "show signatures"

But back to the actual topic, I've seen the litograph in the the disneyana store, (see pic below) but I haven't seen on in recent years.

There's a poster on ebay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Indiana-Jones-Ad...QQcmdZViewItem

there's an interesting interviews with Drew where he talks about the attraction theme poster and getting Harrison Ford to let him paint his likeness here

http://www.theraider.net/features/in...ew_struzan.php

http://www.starwars.com/community/ne...4/indexp2.html
    Last edited by ktfaye; 04-22-2008 at 04:04 PM.

• =)

Because people often put useful, interesting, or cool stuff in their sigs, and I like to be able to see it. In moderation.

Well, it's harrison ford. There's no avoiding any resemblance and no explanation is necessary. If it's off model to you, then it's off model to you.
    Wow...guess I'm wrong then.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ktfaye View Post
    there's an interesting interviews with Drew where he talks about the attraction theme poster and getting Harrison Ford to let him paint his likeness here

http://www.theraider.net/features/in...ew_struzan.php

That's the ticket!

I also got the job to paint the poster and the logo for the 'Indiana Jones Adventure Ride' at Disneyland. They also used me at the request of George Lucas. It was at the unveiling of the poster for the press that I had the opportunity to really talk with George and to get to know him. I also spoke with Harrison Ford for this project. At first Disney did not have the right to use the likeness of Harrison and I couldnít see doing a painting of Indy without including Harrison, he is Indy after all. Disney said if I could get Harrison to agree then I could go ahead. What, me get permission from Harrison Ford when Disney couldnít? Right! Just as you might hope, I called Harrison on the phone and he was as nice and quiet spoken as you would think. He graciously said since I was painting the picture that I could have permission to go ahead and include his likeness. Thatís the Indy we know and love.

That one story reveals a lot actually about Disney's incapability to handle certain things. It actually boggles the mind when you think about how it almost went without Harrison Ford.

Now if they could only get a good likeness and voice track for the attraction, that would be the win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12