Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Indiana Jones Attraction Poster: What? Where? How? When?

I love the Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye Attaction mostly because it looks good, is well themed and didnt destroy a legacy attraction, and tho its not perfect (too short, too much action and too violent) and I cant ride it anymore due to my new disability but I just realised something... I have never seen an attraction poster for it anywhere at Disneyland!! Not anywhere even in shops and with the new movie coming out Indy interest will be high so after some Googling I only found these two small examples I like one below but the other show at the bottom with the white background is a bit boring ....

So my question to you is as a fan wanting to add some decor to my walls...
    The Indiana Jones Attraction Poster:

Did or does one exist?
    What does it look like exactly?
    Where if anywhere is one visible in the park and if not why not?
    How and where can I get my hands on one?
    And if not now When can we see one and buy one?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• =)

Re: Indiana Jones Attraction Poster: What? Where? How? When?

Hmmm, you're right...I've never seen one in the resort. Freaking impressive attraction, though! Sorry I can't help you.

(And I'm sorry to sound like a broken record...but can you please downsize your sig? It's huge. )

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I believe the first poster you posted is the official attraction poster, the second one was probably used for other marketing and advertising.

I haven't seen these posters available for sale - probably due to licensing issues. Similarly, I've never seen the Star Tours poster for sale, either.

During the 50th, however, the Indiana Jones Adventure attraction poster (the first one you posted) was used on Park admission tickets as well as lamppost banners in Downtown Disney.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Hmm so the mystery increases its one of those things where you can go do Disneyland every week and when you stop and think about it you go "how weird! wheres an Indy ride poster?!

I have seen the Star Tours one and I think it was available once long time ago but never an Indy poster anywheres!

(my sig is my own private biz thanks) :-)

• Collision speed....FULL!

That first poster is pretty cool!

• Banned User

Can someone post pictures of those 50th anniversary tickets?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post

I love the Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye Attaction mostly because it looks good, is well themed and didnt destroy a legacy attraction, and tho its not perfect (too short, too much action and too violent) and I cant ride it anymore due to my new disability but I just realised something... I have never seen an attraction poster for it anywhere at Disneyland!! Not anywhere even in shops and with the new movie coming out Indy interest will be high so after some Googling I only found these two small examples I like one below but the other show at the bottom with the white background is a bit boring ....

So my question to you is as a fan wanting to add some decor to my walls...
    The Indiana Jones Attraction Poster:

Did or does one exist? Yes! It did exist. And it was drawn by legendary Drew Struzan, the illustrator for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones posters.

What does it look like exactly? Looks like the pic you linked above.

Where if anywhere is one visible in the park and if not why not? They never hung it up under the tunnels for whatever reason I don't know. And it's not visible anywhere currently.

How and where can I get my hands on one? The poster was released on thick glossy paper at a price of $25 at the Disney Gallery in 1995. It was smaller than 27x40 but still fairly large. I didn't hesitate in getting mine.

And if not now When can we see one and buy one? Hard to see the future is.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• =)

(my sig is my own private biz thanks) :-)
    Well, thank you for changing it, though you didn't have to remove it completely. However, it's definitely not your personal business; the idea of a sig is for everyone to see it, and since it takes up space in other people's viewings of the site, it's nice to be considerate. Your old sig was filling up a huge chunk of space, which means others had to do a lot of scrolling. Keeping sigs at a reasonable size comes with the territory whenever you're part of a public forum, and you hadn't responded to any of my previous requests. Make sense?

EDIT: Oop, never mind, your sig's still there. I wish you'd be a little more considerate about this, GM.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I know this will be of no help in finding your poster, but i checked this site to see if they had it. I'm going to post this site anyway because there are cool vintage attraction posters and other neat things.

http://www.phil-sears.com/Disneyana9.htm

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    (...too much action and too violent)
    Though, If there was less of either, it certainly wouldn't live up to it's name.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

I have a lithograph of the first poster that i purchased immediately at the Disney (sniff sniff) Gallery. Ill take a photo, retouch it, and post it tonight.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

I didnt remove anything just didnt show it during responses

if you ever see something of someone elese that you dont like just scroll past please like I do

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    Though, If there was less of either, it certainly wouldn't live up to it's name.
    My angle on this is very simple it limits who can ride on it, little kids, disabled people cannot..... I used to be able to ride it now that i am disabled I cannot anymore

imagine how that feels?

Yet the greatest ride of all time POTC just about anyone can ride on you can have thrillls and excitment without excessive g forces and violent shaking

im saying just tone it down a bit not eliminate it

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Well, thank you for changing it, though you didn't have to remove it completely. However, it's definitely not your personal business; the idea of a sig is for everyone to see it, and since it takes up space in other people's viewings of the site, it's nice to be considerate. Your old sig was filling up a huge chunk of space, which means others had to do a lot of scrolling. Keeping sigs at a reasonable size comes with the territory whenever you're part of a public forum, and you hadn't responded to any of my previous requests. Make sense?

EDIT: Oop, never mind, your sig's still there. I wish you'd be a little more considerate about this, GM.
    Honestly this is my business I know freedom isnt popular in this country anymore, I have seem plenty of long ones with pix of people puppies and kids etc I just scroll past it without a thought and certainly dont use a public forum to tell people my opinions about their personal signatures..... maybe someone should actually read some of what it says....

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Did or does one exist? Yes! It did exist. And it was drawn by legendary Drew Struzan, the illustrator for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones posters.

What does it look like exactly? Looks like the pic you linked above.

Where if anywhere is one visible in the park and if not why not? They never hung it up under the tunnels for whatever reason I don't know. And it's not visible anywhere currently.

How and where can I get my hands on one? The poster was released on thick glossy paper at a price of $25 at the Disney Gallery in 1995. It was smaller than 27x40 but still fairly large. I didn't hesitate in getting mine.

And if not now When can we see one and buy one? Hard to see the future is.
    Thanks for the helpful info

yeah I have never seen it anywhere at the park

I wonder if it s available in the indy gift shop maybe just rolled up somewheres in a barrel or something??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast