Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    • Shablagoo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    8,908

    Photo Request: Fantasyland Skyway Station

    Hi everyone,

    I have a big favor to ask of you all. I am looking for pictures of Disneyland's Fantasyland Skyway station. It is for a school project. I am especially interested in interior shots, though outside is good too. If anyone has information about it's layout, size, blueprints or whatever, that would be great too.

    I have already got a few exterior shots, but more are always appreciated, especially of the landscaping. If anyone has a picture from the station of Fantasyland, I'd love to see it.
    Reminisicing about this great attraction is also encouraged.

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    65

    Re: Photo Request: Fantasyland Skyway Station

    Has anyone here ever gotten the guts to hop over that little chain and walk up to the old station?... I had such a strong urge to do it last time I was there.

  3. #3

    • Crockett's Explorer Guide
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    466

    Re: Photo Request: Fantasyland Skyway Station

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodder View Post
    Has anyone here ever gotten the guts to hop over that little chain and walk up to the old station?... I had such a strong urge to do it last time I was there.
    you know, disney puts up those chains for your safety...

    do not pass thru areas that are closed off

  4. #4

    • The line's too long...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Big Sandpit
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Photo Request: Fantasyland Skyway Station

    I've had the urge many times to hop the chain and take a look around up there. I never got to go on the Skyway so I'm curious, but I've resisted the urge so far.
    Why don't they put the Princess Fantasy Faire up there so we can reclaim the Fantasyland Theatre for a new show or use all that space for a new dark ride themed to Beauty and the Beast or something...

  5. #5

    • Collision speed....FULL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: Photo Request: Fantasyland Skyway Station



    I did also get another shot, with ghosts in it.


  6. #6

    • Thanks, Ollie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    283

    Re: Photo Request: Fantasyland Skyway Station

    Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    I've had the urge many times to hop the chain and take a look around up there. I never got to go on the Skyway so I'm curious, but I've resisted the urge so far.
    Why don't they put the Princess Fantasy Faire up there so we can reclaim the Fantasyland Theatre for a new show or use all that space for a new dark ride themed to Beauty and the Beast or something...
    There's really nothing up there. There used to be a ping pong table...sometimes Fantasyland CMs will use it as a break area. Also, there's not nearly enough room for something like Fantasy Faire, although I share your sentiments.


  7. #7

    • Squaw NO gettum firewood!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: Photo Request: Fantasyland Skyway Station

    Quote Originally Posted by themarquisde View Post
    There's really nothing up there. There used to be a ping pong table...sometimes Fantasyland CMs will use it as a break area. Also, there's not nearly enough room for something like Fantasy Faire, although I share your sentiments.
    Ditto! And yes also to the person who noticed that it's not handicap accessible. Nowadays when you go up there all you see is cat food dishes and cobwebs.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney


Similar Threads

  1. TL Skyway Station?
    By The Disneylander in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 02:53 AM
  2. Fantasyland Skyway Station, what to make it next?
    By techskip in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 11:49 AM
  3. 11/21:Skyway Station, with it's lights on!
    By Nautilus in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
  4. Skyway Station
    By gOLDEN bLUE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 10:34 PM
  5. Fantasyland Skyway Station
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 10:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •