Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Fancy that...

Peoplemover idea/drawing

In an ideal Tomorrowland we have the Rocket jets back were they were, HISTA is gone and so is Innoventions, and all the pixar has been chased out, but today I will elaborate on what most people agree, is the key thing to any Tomorrowland update... A new Peoplemover

The new peoplemover would be very "pod" like in shape, , but also designed to look like the new Mark VII monorails, this is because The peoplemover was originaly supposed to accompany the monorail in transportating citizens of the originaly planned EPCOT "progress city", here's my artwork of how I envision it.

So that gives you an idea of what it'd look like

so how it fits in Tomorrowland?

The old peoplemover never developed into an actual form of transportation, so the new one will now have several different "ports", all in tomorrowland

The first "port" will be the one you all already know, the one were the rocket jets once were(and would be back in my "master plan")

The next port comes after you go through Star Tours and Space Mountian, and is called the "The Tomorrowland Space Port Platform" It's located on top of the HISTA showbuilding and (via a re-designed walkway/queue for SM) would conviently put you in the place to enter Space Mountian and Star Tours(the two space themed rides in TL)

The next one?(this would be the last port) I'm thinking maybe near autopia and nemo but I can't figure out a specific spot to put it.

...An Important thing...

o.k. so this "transportation" may be unnessasary and close together, but it would give the land a kinetic feel and main street also features "transportation" that dosn't specificaly help you unless you're realy lazy

Feel free to comment and add suggestions
    Last edited by pianoman13; 04-23-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Re: Peoplemover idea/drawing

can't wait to hear how it fits in.

• Senior Minion

Pianoman-

It looks kinda like an “incredipod” without the movie tie in. Not a bad concept. I’ll have to sketch-up and post the idea I’d been having for a new generation people mover too. My idea was to have each pod in a kind of a dual ringed device that would allow rotation in both the horizontal and vertical direction. This would enable two things. First, while you are touring TL the pod would turn and tilt directing your attention to specific things and second, part of the ride would involve a new section indoors where your pod would go in front of screens that would be an interactive simulator ride somewhat like the new TSMM and Star Tours combined.

• Banned User

they look like Power Ranger Helmets in those colors. I think that they need to be Silver and Black, but other than that, good job!

• Hey it's that guy I am.

I like it! It is a great start! I think it would also be great combined with Uncle Bob's idea about the moving component. It could be neat to add show elements of what the future could be. I think the people mover could be more than just a nice little tour around the land.

• =)

After some of the responses I've gotten from people lately, I'm currently feeling a little cautious about what I say on these forums, so I think I'll hold off on any in-depth artistic critique unless you're interested, pianoman. As far as the idea itself goes, though, I like it. The podlike, enclosed design is similar to what I've imagined.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    After some of the responses I've gotten from people lately, I'm currently feeling a little cautious about what I say on these forums, so I think I'll hold off on any in-depth artistic critique unless you're interested, pianoman. As far as the idea itself goes, though, I like it. The podlike, enclosed design is similar to what I've imagined.
    it's ok data! please do... and this goes for everyone! throw your ideas and critiques into the pot please

as for the look of it, someone said it looks like a power ranger helmet? ok, I'll give you that , my sister said it looked like a poke' ballthat's allright though,

Also just know that these peoplemovers would have the a variety of colors just like the old Peoplemovers did(meaning silver and black as mentioned), I just happened to show those colors in the art work.

thanks for all the comments everyone

• "I Break Things"

after making several attempts I have come to the conclusion that on a really really good day my stick figures might have hair!

I like the concept, just want the giant single show wheel and the whole teacup spinny thingy we had mentioned before.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Fancy that...

so how it fits in Tomorrowland?

The old peoplemover never developed into an actual form of transportation, so the new one will now have several different "ports", all in tomorrowland

The first "port" will be the one you all already know, the one were the rocket jets once were(and would be back in my "master plan")

The next port comes after you go through Star Tours and Space Mountian, and is called the "The Tomorrowland Space Port Platform" It's located on top of the HISTA showbuilding and (via a re-designed walkway/queue for SM) would conviently put you in the place to enter Space Mountian and Star Tours(the two space themed rides in TL)

The next one?(this would be the last port) I'm thinking maybe near autopia and nemo but I can't figure out a specific spot to put it.

o.k., so this "transportation" may be unnessasary, but it would give the land a kinetic feel and main street also features "transportation" that dosn't specificaly help you unless you're realy lazy

• Fancy that...

after making several attempts I have come to the conclusion that on a really really good day my stick figures might have hair!
    haha, thanks and I'm sorry

I like the concept, just want the giant single show wheel and the whole teacup spinny thingy we had mentioned before.
    but how to make it futuristic, and non gimmickey?

• Koubu Pilot

The attraction logo's font, isn't it the same font used for the credits to the Mary Tyler Moore Show? If a new PeopleMover ever happens, the probably would need to use a different font for the attraction sign since it used the the same font as its sponsor, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

• Picturing the Magic

Nice. I like the hybrid look of the old ride vehicles and the monorail

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• DL is my anti-drug.

I like it. Submit it to DLR.

Would it be about the same speed and time length of ride as the old PM?

i'm liking the layout and it being a real form of transportation; but how will the second station have an entrance to Star Tours? Besides that, i like the ideas. nice job.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I think it's cute, Pianoman... almost like baby monorails!

Although after much consideration, I'm not entirely for the idea of an enclosed pod. One of the main reasons that I enjoyed the People Mover so much was because you were out in the open and you could either feel the sun or wind in your face. There was something about being in your natural environment that I really loved about that tomorrowland.

Being in an enclosed Pod is more about being trapped than it is about going on a tour of Tomorrowland.

In my opinion of course.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast