Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• E T1CK3T

Re: What year do you want to go to Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    then on June 2, 1992--the date of my very first trip to the park. I know, I know. I'm a newcomer compared to some of y'all.
    It doesn't matter how long you've known Disneyland, as long as you love Disneyland, it shouldn't matter. And if your 3-D model is anything to go by, I'd say you like Disneyland an awful lot!

• Disney Dad

Any year, every year, even after I die year.I wanna go I wanna go I wanna go......LOL
    Ummmmm.....but I will settle for 1955 a few weeks after opening when the wrinkles were ironed out along with the heel holes in the asphalt

2013 the day that DCA is finalized.

• RCMC BlackSmith

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy38 View Post
    2013 the day that DCA is finalized.
    I agree with you! But I also would want to go this year! Cause I've never been. But i also want to go back to WDW! AAHHH! Where do I go?!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• RCMC BlackSmith

But if I wanted to go in the past I would want to go the second day DisneyLand was open. Because the day it opened was a diaster! They ran out of food, some of the cast members didnt show, and they couldnt empty the trash cans! I think the second day was ok though.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• DL Nerd

anytime Frontierland was actually a Frontier.

I'd go there to watch the opening speech and then sit back and watch the chaos unfurl.

I'd take a photo with Walt. and make him stop smoking.

I'd be there for the Pirates opening as well...

OH I got it.... I would totally go back in time and stay there but hint on future rides.

"Check it out Walt.. Imagine a HUGE MOUNTAIN... with Snow on it...Right Here."
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

I'd like to go on opening day for all of the attractions. That's a lot of dates, but it would be fun to be there when they all opened.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Future Imagineer

I would probably want to go back to the day it opened, and then 100 years into future to see how much it has changed.
    Electric Shadow Productions

Creator of fine videos since 2009!

Click here to watch and enjoy!

• Banned User

1981:

America Sings

Old school MSEP

Old (then newish) Space Mountain

Adventure Thru Inner Space

• Disney Night Owl

Opening day (7/17/1955) or at any time I could have possibly run into Walt in the park. Sure the park was not at its peak but to meet Walt Disney...wow. I would have also wanted to witness the opening day speech.

I also would want to go back in time and experience Space Mountain with the Dick Dale track again because I loved that so much. I would also want to go back to when the Skyway was still there because I miss it and I don't remember it as well as I can the Peoplemover.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

For me it's not so much a specific time, but rather appropriate times to be able to see rides and shows:

An appropriate time (early 60's?) for Flying Saucers. A bonus, seeing Tomorrowland before Space Mountain was built (I do know there was a stage in the general area)

~1960 for Matterhorn Bobsleds when it was new, open inside and the ride vehicles weren't in tandem

Before 1959 just to see the area before Matterhorn Bobsleds was built

An appropriate time to see Holidayland or whatever that park was where NOS is now

An appropriate time for the mine ride in Frontierland

1964 (or shortly after opening) for "it's a small world" when it was new

Mid or late 70's to see the original Space Mountain

Most any time above and I could see the original Fantasyland

Main Street Electrical Parade, in the late 70's with its original soundtrack, and maybe later too assuming there were any significant changes

An appropriate time for Rocket Jets. Could have done this on one of my 80's-era visits but wasn't into rides that much back then. Coulda and maybe shoulda on my 1990 visit.

~Late 80's for Captain EO. I could have seen this when I went in 1990, and meant to but thoroughly forgot about it. D'oh!

~1990 [?] for Party Gras parade, after all the compliments I've heard here at MC. If this was going on around spring-break time in 1990, then I very likely HAVE seen this parade. But I remember nothing about it. (For that matter I'd like to see all the other parades.)

~1996 for Festival of Fools

Summer 1997 [?] for Light Magic

Spring 2006 for Rockin' Space Mountain. I really don't care much that I missed this though

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

The 1967 opening of the new Tomorrowland and Pirates and the 1968 opening of the haunted mansion

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Mischievous Mouse

Opening day! Foresure!!

Then the day POTC opened.
    Then the day Splash opened.
    Then the day DCA opened.

Then the day they celebrated 35 years.
    Then the day they celebrated 50 years.

Then TODAY!!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Mrs. J. Depp

I was there for the 35th when i was about 6 years old. I have a picture of me and Eeyore and in the background it says 35 years or something. I don't think it was the actual day but it was during that celebration. I don't really remember much though.
    I just found the picture. I don't really recognize this area but to the far right is Videopolis.

Last edited by IzzyInWonderland; 04-25-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Troublemaker

I'd go back to the day I met the girl who would eventually be my wife.
    And later, to the day I proposed to her there.

And, if possible, take along the digital camera and video camera to make sure we had SOME footage from that day. That's the problem of having few friends -- you're never in any of the photos! (And too bad the folks for Disney Weddings offered to us, then retracted, the ability to have a wedding inside of DCA. We would have been proud to be the first.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast