• Snow White's Scary Adventures

46 26.29%
  • Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

28 16.00%
  • Other... (please explain)

26 14.86%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Least favorite dark ride?

I really can't stand the structure of snow white, the big climax on the cliff to big happy ending bothers me everytime! But I'll still ride it if the line is short enough.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by aquata View Post
    I really can't stand the structure of snow white, the big climax on the cliff to big happy ending bothers me everytime! But I'll still ride it if the line is short enough.
    The structure of Snow White is actually what makes the ride great, in my opinion. It starts off in the dwarf's cottage and then gets into the plot. The Queen knows where Snow White is. We travel to her castle where she makes her plans. We follow her then as she proceeds to execute those plans. It certainly isn't anticlimactic like Pinocchio, ending in Gepetto's Cottage. It has a story you can follow. It's true that the ride needs a new ending, but other than that, it's structured very well.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I think the lack of ending is why I love our Snow White ride so much. It's so abrupt that I can't help but laugh.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Blog Entries

I fricken HATE snow white...but i've already said that it's because it frightens me. and not scares, frightens. its one of the very few things that does.

Snow White anything
    windows that are ncovered and reveal darkness
    the movie the Ring
    Driving in the Fog

thats all i got. all have great reasons and they are pretty much it.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    I fricken HATE snow white...but i've already said that it's because it frightens me. and not scares, frightens. its one of the very few things that does.

Snow White anything
    windows that are ncovered and reveal darkness
    the movie the Ring
    Driving in the Fog

thats all i got. all have great reasons and they are pretty much it.
    If I may ask have you been to Knotts Scary Farm? I don't even begin to understand how anyone can be afraid of Snow White so much. I went on that attraction when I was 4 years old and laughed at it, it's no more scary than Haunted Mansion. Im curious as to what frightens you so much about a simple childs attraction.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 04-24-2008 at 12:06 AM.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Snow White.

I really like them all but you made me pick one! Blasphemy!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    If I may ask have you been to Knotts Scary Farm? I don't even begin to understand how anyone can be afraid of Snow White. I went on that attraction when I was 4 years old and laughed at it, it's no more scary than Haunted Mansion. I'm curious as to what scares you so much about a simple child's attraction.

It's a childhood haunt that has never left me. Everyone has illegitimate fears and that is mine. I think it is just the witch, but the whole thing bugs me. I've tried to sit and watch it, and I just can't.

No I haven't been to Knott's, but as I said that wouldn't bug me. It's not real and I know it, so the whole concept is just stupid.

I'm the one who goes through Halloween walks throughs and stops to talk to the people or points them out so they know they can't scare me. The one time someone actually was out of view and tried to scare me, he just clothes-lined me and he hopped out and apologized saying "i was just trying to scare you!"...this was at universal during the mummy walk though.

I think I'm so numbed because of my mom and brother. They can't do anything remotely scary. Signs freaked my mom out and my bro won't watch it. The only thing that got me was he dog barking at the kid and that was because I was bit by a shepard when I was little. I've since gotten a Rott and it doesn't bother me any more.

TMI, probably.

I remember another one!!! I highly dislike needles due to a bad IV attempt as a child. the nurse was a newb and she tried 3 times for the vein, hitting it every time and pulling the needle back out before my mom kicked the woman out of the room. Blood everywhere and ever since I get real blah about needles....but I have a tattoo! funny huh?

• The line's too long...

It would have been Pooh, but since it wasn't on the list, then Snow White... I still like the ride, particularly the queue area with the evil Queen at the window and the lab setting after entering, but the abrupt ending is a turn off every time. There needs to be a Prince Charming kissing Snow White to awaken her scene with the dwarves celebrating. There's no coda t the ride like in Pinocchio where we return to the village and then Gepetto's cottage. Also, Snow White really needs to TLC from the powers that be. The alcove with the witch in the boat offering the apple has been missing for a few weeks now. The voice is there, but the boat and witch are missing. The holographic apple towards the end is lame. And the apple on the spellbook lectern at the queue entrance has been missing for a while now. This is one of the few times that I would say the WDW version of a ride is better than DL's. But I really like dark rides, they're the best part of DL, and I hope none of them ever disappear except Pooh... at least give us the cool Tokyo version.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Pinnochio. I never liked the movie really so I never liked the ride.

• whatever

I wish innoventions was a dark ride so then I could vote it as least favorite. I know which dark ride I love the best though....“When hinges creak in doorless chambers…”

• Circle of Ancients

Even with Pooh, I still would have voted for Snow White.

• Hiding in the shadows

I would have to say Snow White simply because of the ending or lack thereof. I anjoy Pooh actually, it could be a lot better, but its fine.

A little piece of heaven

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, usually by the end of Snow White I'm like ... NO, I DON'T WANT AN APPLE ALREADY!!!

I mean, you get asked what, 3 or 4 times?

• I'm not really here

I actually really enjoy Snow White. The abrupt ending makes sense when you remember that the ride was originally built so that you, the guest, were playing the part of Snow White. She takes that apple and conks out and doesn't remember a thing until she wakes up and rides off with her prince. The ride takes a bit of liberty and shows you the dwarves perspective for a bit as they chase the Queen to her death, then back to Snow White who is asleep and hence there's not much to show. Just remember, Snow White wasn't even IN the attraction until 1983 (nearly 30 years after opening).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I put Snow White for the poll but I certainly don't dislike it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast