46 26.29%
  • Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

28 16.00%
  • Other... (please explain)

26 14.86%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• RCMC BlackSmith

Re: Least favorite dark ride?

Well, I've never been to DLR. But I dont really like the Snow White ride at WDWR.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I like them all, but I said Pinocchio. I've never been on Roger Rabbit's though!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    If Pooh is already declared winner, than I vote Monsters Inc as a runner up.

And I found out after the fact that you cannot update a poll after it has been created. I completely forgot this one.

• Shablagoo!

I voted for Peter Pan. Why? Because after riding it last time I was there I was underwhelmed. For me, it is vastly overrated.

• Minion

Winnie-the-Pooh without question.

• Fancy that...

Pinocchio is the best (IMO) because of it's calm and well structured storyline, Snow White(like Aura of Forboding said) is actualy very well structured until the abrupt end. I too want a kissing scene instead of the simple mural directly afer the queen dies...

BTW, Mosters inc is very well done IMO, and I don't see why anyone would dislike it? just bias against DCA?

I think that Pinocchio is boring. Since the line is usually very small I think most agree with me.

• Progressive Disneylander

I love all of them in Fantasyland -- except for Snow White which is OK. I even like Pooh.

But Roger Rabbit is probably my least favorite 'ride' in the park.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Oh gosh I'm so obsessed with the Monsters Inc ride!! The music, the feeling like your in Monstropolis, the creativity they used with the existing ride building, the smell.......I LOVE IT ALL! But Alice is my absolute favorite of all time, since i was little so it will always be number one.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Circle of Ancients

I'm surprised Pinnochio is so high. I LOVE that ride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    BTW, Mosters inc is very well done IMO, and I don't see why anyone would dislike it? just bias against DCA?

No, not bias.

Monsters, Inc has a few things going against it.

First of all, location. What does Monsters, Inc. have to do with Hollywood? And not just Hollywood... but a BACKLOT. It's located in the "hollywood studios" section of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot with an exterior that is as flat as anything.

Monsters Inc also replaces an existing ride and because of it, the story of it is cheapened. Superstar Limo is an attraction that revolves around transportation. That aspect has remained for Monsters Inc for no good reason at all.

The ride itself isn't bad. It tells the story and has an end, but it's done so cheaply and doesn't really put you into the story. We're humans yet we're passing by without anyone going crazy. Yes I know that it's only HUMAN CHILDREN that are toxic but there are plenty of human children that go through the ride everyday. Why couldn't the guests be more involved in the story?

As far as animatronics go, only the character of Roz at the end is well done. For every other figure, could they not have moving mouths? They can do this easily for the parade figures but can't do this for a stationary figure? Even Stromboli has an articulated mouth! Even the flowers in Alice in Wonderland have moving mouths!

Vehicles. Sluggish 6 seaters means more people can ride at the same time, but it also means the scenes you drive through need to be larger. You can almost argue that comfortable 4-seaters with a larger track and more scenes would be a lot more fun.

Monsters Inc isn't a horrible attraction. It's decent. But it's mediocre in the larger picture. It was done on the cheap, without too much thought, only to stuff the rehashed film into the space provided.

All of the fantasyland dark rides are only looked down upon because they are compared to what is now possible, but when they opened, they were loved and cherished. And another thing... the queues are BEAUTIFUL. Look at the railing and posts in Pinocchio. It all matches the ride. Same with Snow White.

When I choose least favorite dark ride, all things are considered. Does it fit with the land? Is it a good ride? Is it fun? Does it have a good queue?

When I ask those questions, Pooh and Monsters fall on the bottom of my list.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I actually really enjoy Snow White. The abrupt ending makes sense when you remember that the ride was originally built so that you, the guest, were playing the part of Snow White. She takes that apple and conks out and doesn't remember a thing until she wakes up and rides off with her prince. The ride takes a bit of liberty and shows you the dwarves perspective for a bit as they chase the Queen to her death, then back to Snow White who is asleep and hence there's not much to show. Just remember, Snow White wasn't even IN the attraction until 1983 (nearly 30 years after opening).
    I mean, I get your point, but what part of the queen falling off a rock causes you to live happily ever after???

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
    Well, I've never been to DLR. But I dont really like the Snow White ride at WDWR.
    I actually REALLY enjoy Snow White at WDW.

I actually like the Pooh Ride, very colorful and upbeat and the car has some hydraulic movement to it as well. Which gives you at least a little more feel in the ride.

• Disney Night Owl

I thought Pinocchio's Daring Journey would have been in the lead, even though that is one of my most favorite rides to go on in Fantasyland.

I voted for Snow White's Scary Adventures but it doesn't mean I don't really like it. It was tough to vote on the poll because I find something I love in each dark ride attraction. I am basing this on the fact that Snow White has such an abrupt conclusion. To have such a dramatic climactic scene with the old hag and then BAM!...we are faced with a happy ending book painting right before exiting. While I like it for being funny like this in the end, it is just too abrupt without a nice little ending like it deserves.

EDIT:
    Wow, I totally forgot about Pooh! If I could revote, then yes...Pooh is my least favorite dark ride in Disneyland. That thing was rushed and isn't nearly as much fun as the WDW version. I would much rather have the Country Bears back.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• Troublemaker

Pinocchio's Daring Journey. The original Fantasyland dark rides were all short, so they originally focused on one thing. The feeling of flight. The feeling of being out of control. The contrast of the environments. And therefore, they worked fairly well.

Pinoke, on the other hand, tries a bit harder to retell the story, and suffers a bit because of it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast