View Poll Results: Least Favorite Dark Ride

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haunted Mansion

    1 0.57%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

    1 0.57%
  • Alice in Wonderland

    5 2.86%
  • It's a Small World

    27 15.43%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

    7 4.00%
  • Peter Pan's Flight

    7 4.00%
  • Pinocchio's Daring Journey

    27 15.43%
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures

    46 26.29%
  • Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

    28 16.00%
  • Other... (please explain)

    26 14.86%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 98
  1. #46

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Leandro
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    After Pooh, Alice is my bottom feeder - I will still ride it and it's not that I don't like it, but I like it the least.

  2. #47

    • Off to Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    So. Cali
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    i voted for Mr. Toad, but it's actually a 3 way tie between Mr. Toad, Snow White, and Pinnochio. All three of them scare me!!!

  3. #48

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    89

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    my least favorite ride would have to be snow white. just for the one fact that as a kid the dark woods scene scared the hell out of me

  4. #49

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    No, not bias.

    Monsters, Inc has a few things going against it.

    First of all, location. What does Monsters, Inc. have to do with Hollywood? And not just Hollywood... but a BACKLOT. It's located in the "hollywood studios" section of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot with an exterior that is as flat as anything.

    Monsters Inc also replaces an existing ride and because of it, the story of it is cheapened. Superstar Limo is an attraction that revolves around transportation. That aspect has remained for Monsters Inc for no good reason at all.

    The ride itself isn't bad. It tells the story and has an end, but it's done so cheaply and doesn't really put you into the story. We're humans yet we're passing by without anyone going crazy. Yes I know that it's only HUMAN CHILDREN that are toxic but there are plenty of human children that go through the ride everyday. Why couldn't the guests be more involved in the story?

    As far as animatronics go, only the character of Roz at the end is well done. For every other figure, could they not have moving mouths? They can do this easily for the parade figures but can't do this for a stationary figure? Even Stromboli has an articulated mouth! Even the flowers in Alice in Wonderland have moving mouths!

    Vehicles. Sluggish 6 seaters means more people can ride at the same time, but it also means the scenes you drive through need to be larger. You can almost argue that comfortable 4-seaters with a larger track and more scenes would be a lot more fun.

    Monsters Inc isn't a horrible attraction. It's decent. But it's mediocre in the larger picture. It was done on the cheap, without too much thought, only to stuff the rehashed film into the space provided.


    All of the fantasyland dark rides are only looked down upon because they are compared to what is now possible, but when they opened, they were loved and cherished. And another thing... the queues are BEAUTIFUL. Look at the railing and posts in Pinocchio. It all matches the ride. Same with Snow White.



    When I choose least favorite dark ride, all things are considered. Does it fit with the land? Is it a good ride? Is it fun? Does it have a good queue?

    When I ask those questions, Pooh and Monsters fall on the bottom of my list.
    Your points about Monsters are right on the mark.

    We got evacuated from Monsters on my birthday. I always thought Sully looked short, wasn't the right size. He's shorter than me! And not by a little, like almost a foot! How are we supposed to buy that he's super scary when I'm taller than him? It just feels cheap. Like they needed a ride and came up an idea on the spot. Still better than the little wooden boy ride though.
    Last edited by knittingknerd; 04-24-2008 at 04:14 PM.

  5. #50

    • Fancy that...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    No, not bias.

    Monsters, Inc has a few things going against it.

    First of all, location. What does Monsters, Inc. have to do with Hollywood? And not just Hollywood... but a BACKLOT. It's located in the "hollywood studios" section of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot with an exterior that is as flat as anything.

    Monsters Inc also replaces an existing ride and because of it, the story of it is cheapened. Superstar Limo is an attraction that revolves around transportation. That aspect has remained for Monsters Inc for no good reason at all.

    The ride itself isn't bad. It tells the story and has an end, but it's done so cheaply and doesn't really put you into the story. We're humans yet we're passing by without anyone going crazy. Yes I know that it's only HUMAN CHILDREN that are toxic but there are plenty of human children that go through the ride everyday. Why couldn't the guests be more involved in the story?

    As far as animatronics go, only the character of Roz at the end is well done. For every other figure, could they not have moving mouths? They can do this easily for the parade figures but can't do this for a stationary figure? Even Stromboli has an articulated mouth! Even the flowers in Alice in Wonderland have moving mouths!

    Vehicles. Sluggish 6 seaters means more people can ride at the same time, but it also means the scenes you drive through need to be larger. You can almost argue that comfortable 4-seaters with a larger track and more scenes would be a lot more fun.

    Monsters Inc isn't a horrible attraction. It's decent. But it's mediocre in the larger picture. It was done on the cheap, without too much thought, only to stuff the rehashed film into the space provided.


    All of the fantasyland dark rides are only looked down upon because they are compared to what is now possible, but when they opened, they were loved and cherished. And another thing... the queues are BEAUTIFUL. Look at the railing and posts in Pinocchio. It all matches the ride. Same with Snow White.



    When I choose least favorite dark ride, all things are considered. Does it fit with the land? Is it a good ride? Is it fun? Does it have a good queue?

    When I ask those questions, Pooh and Monsters fall on the bottom of my list.
    I think that it's a good ride, It fits were it's at, It's fun, but I agree with you that it has an unbearably dull and poorly themed queue. And by praising Monsters inc. by no means that I think the FL dark rides aren't good. I'm the one who started the "Fantasyland appretiation thread"!

  6. #51

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Pinocchio is the best (IMO) because of it's calm and well structured storyline, Snow White(like Aura of Forboding said) is actualy very well structured until the abrupt end. I too want a kissing scene instead of the simple mural directly afer the queen dies...
    Thanks for the props, pianoman! Great minds do think alike!


  7. #52

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,398

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    I'm kinda baffled why some have rated Alice in Wonderland so low. That one is great! No other dark ride takes you up to the 2nd story! This one is just pure fun.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  8. #53

    • formerly PretzelSouls!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    805,CA
    Posts
    4,772

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm kinda baffled why some have rated Alice in Wonderland so low. That one is great! No other dark ride takes you up to the 2nd story! This one is just pure fun.
    Yeah, I love Alice in Wonderland!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau


  9. #54

    • Fancy that...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    Thanks for the props, pianoman! Great minds do think alike!
    cool, However I think that some of the witch stuff can be cut down to move the Queen dieing scene a little bit closer to the middle and then put in a new kissing scene at the end (were the "dieing" scene is now) that lasts long enough to make the ending warm and fuzzy instead of scared and confused

  10. #55

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    1,110

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm kinda baffled why some have rated Alice in Wonderland so low. That one is great! No other dark ride takes you up to the 2nd story! This one is just pure fun.
    Yeah that's a good dark ride. A timeless 50's classic.

  11. #56

    • Fancy that...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm kinda baffled why some have rated Alice in Wonderland so low. That one is great! No other dark ride takes you up to the 2nd story! This one is just pure fun.
    double post

  12. #57

    • Fancy that...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm kinda baffled why some have rated Alice in Wonderland so low. That one is great! No other dark ride takes you up to the 2nd story! This one is just pure fun.
    Alice also uses alot of modern effects. It's one of my faves

  13. #58

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    cool, However I think that some of the witch stuff can be cut down to move the Queen dieing scene a little bit closer to the middle and then put in a new kissing scene at the end (were the "dieing" scene is now) that lasts long enough to make the ending warm and fuzzy instead of scared and confused
    Upgrades and positive changes are always welcome in my book. I'd love for it to have an "end." But, as both of us said, it has a great story structure the way it is. Some folks just don't get that.


  14. #59

    • Fancy that...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    Upgrades and positive changes are always welcome in my book. I'd love for it to have an "end." But, as both of us said, it has a great story structure the way it is. Some folks just don't get that.
    agreed, and there actualy seems to be enough of room for another scene even after the "end" were the mural is, I'd love to see Snow White have a calm ending just like Pinocchio

  15. #60

    • Technological Alchemist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    103

    Re: Least favorite dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I don't find Pinocchio offensive. Heck, contrary to popular belief, you can't find holograms anywhere else in Disneyland, so that earns it some points for me right off the bat.
    Isn't the second apple the witch offers in Snow White a hologram?





Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] What is your favorite Dark Ride?
    By Kritter in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 08:41 AM
  2. Favorite Non-Disney Dark Ride
    By phruby in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 07:57 AM
  3. Poll: your Favorite Dark Ride
    By Disneyfan4 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
  4. Favorite Dark Ride
    By DCLyndon in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 06:19 PM
  5. Which is your favorite Fantasyland Dark Ride?
    By Aladdin in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 12:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •