Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• whatever

Haunted Mansion Holiday

We all know that Haunted Mansion Holiday happens every year to the Haunted Mansion, in which the Haunted Mansion undergoes a transformation from 999 ghosts to 999 Tim Burton surprises. This event is very popular every year, and every year, they make slight changes by adding new things or fixing up broken things. Well, if they were going to make changes this year, like adding new things or taking out certain things, what would you want them to be?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday

You mean it has to come back again?

Hmm... let's see. I think I'd like to see Zero actually fade in and out, as the narration says ("And what to your wondernig eyes disappears, is Jack's little friend Zero- the ghost-dog reindeer"). He doesn't disappear and reappear. He just floats around.

Too, I'd like the music to go back to the original score when HMH first debuted. Although I like the current score, the original one fits better. It's a little more twisted and cooky/creepy than the current soundtrack.

That's about all I can think of right now. Maybe I'll think of more later on.

• I'm not really here

I've thought about a zero fading in and out as well... that would be really cool.

I know that HMH is supposed to be a little more lighthearted and all, but I think that the mirror hall at the end with Oogie Boogie needs to be much creepier somehow. He is a pretty nasty villain and it just seems to be lacking "oomph" for me. Not sure what to do about it really though.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Hmmmm...I guess my suggestion would be to remove all Nightmare Before Christmas references. Then the overlay would be about as close to perfection as they come.

• decorating

I want the sing along music to be mixed in along with the music they have now- I love the stuff they have now, but I loved singing "and a spider in a hangman's tree..." *dances*

•   

I think there's a lot they can do but I know they're not going to much more than they already have. I wouldn't mind seeing an AA Sally, or even place her where the bride is.
    Change the attic scene to Finklesteins Lab.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I think there's a lot they can do but I know they're not going to much more than they already have. I wouldn't mind seeing an AA Sally, or even place her where the bride is.
    Change the attic scene to Finklesteins Lab.
    But the Haunted Mansion Holiday is not about transforming spaces, its about using the spaces in the mansion that Jack has decked out for his version of Christmas. It is still the Haunted Mansion, but Jack has come to visit. So changing any of the scenes into another place would defeat the theme.
    Jeff Wayne

• That's a lot of look.

Take it all out. I dread this overlay's return every year. But, since they insist on turning it into HMH, I'll be happy as long as they no longer play the scarols out front.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    But the Haunted Mansion Holiday is not about transforming spaces, its about using the spaces in the mansion that Jack has decked out for his version of Christmas. It is still the Haunted Mansion, but Jack has come to visit. So changing any of the scenes into another place would defeat the theme.
    Good point. You're right.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I enjoyed the scarols in the queue. Do something with the attic, that bad music has to go.

The biggest thing to me is add some more characters from the film. They have Jack, zero, Oogie, and Sally at the end. I would like to see them in some other areas as well.

• Off to Neverland

hmm...i don't know what I would want different...
    i love HMH...more than the regular version (yes, i knoooo)
    i'd still like it to be HMH but maybe just change what things they use just to freshen it up a bit.

• Collision speed....FULL!

How about no NBC overlay, just a general Halloween overlay, just some Halloween decorations throughout the mansion (pumpkins in the ballroom, etc.)

• :)

The music is horrible.
    sorry imagineers!

• Disney Night Owl

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy38 View Post
    The biggest thing to me is add some more characters from the film. They have Jack, zero, Oogie, and Sally at the end. I would like to see them in some other areas as well.
    Yeah I totally agree with this. I'd love to see more of the main characters in there, with Dr. Finklestein too. I love the evil teddy and stuff like that, but the ride doesn't get great until right in the very end. I know it would be costly, but to see a Jack and possibly Sally on either side of where the endless hallway is would be pretty awesome. Another cool idea is to have a Sally and/or Dr. Finklestein in the seance/tarot card room...maybe to replace the crystal ball.

All I know is that it felt a little empty last year. I've seen HMH two different years since it has started up and the first time I experienced it was awesome but last year...not so much.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast