Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splash Mountain

• The Purifier

Splash Mountain

I didn't know where else to post this.Anyway, at 43 years old, I find that I am once again pregnant. my teenage daughter came up with the idea to decorate the baby room as Splash Mountain with the bears and everything. Well, we thought it would be really great to have the mountain on one wall but neither of us are artists and I don't want to spend the money hiring an artist to paint it for me.So, my question is: does anyone here know somewhere I can get a mural of Splash Mountain? I've looked online but to no avail.Thanks.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

• =)

Re: Splash Mountain

Hmmm, that's not something I've heard of or seen, but it'd be cool if it works out! Perhaps the baby would grow up with a fascination with long drops. Hmmm...I'll let you know if I see anything around online.

And on a side note, congrats on the pregnancy! If you wanted one, that is.

• decorating

Ask around your local college for any art students. Cheaper to do it, and I bet it would be phenomenal.
    I love a Splash/Song of the South theme

• Circle of Ancients

The only thing I could think of is to take a picture of it, play around with it on Photoshop to make it more "animated" looking and blow it up.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Sorry, I can't offer any help but I just want to say that is an awesome idea!

• I'm not really here

I love this idea! Will be so amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalmalthea View Post
    Ask around your local college for any art students. Cheaper to do it, and I bet it would be phenomenal.
    I think this is your best bet. Find an art student.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

If you can find stills from Songs of the South or even Splash, trace those onto like transparancy paper, with a transparancy marker, then using an overhead projector trace those images onto the wall you want. Then it's paint by number. If you search online you can find some stuff (I googled Songs of the South + Disney and got a bunch. But you have to use Disney in there. Got some crazy stuff without).
    http://www.songofthesouth.net/movie/photos/index.html
    Print some pictures and then trace them... I've seen this done with everything from superheroes to Hades to even Disney characters (pin the tail on Eeyore with a lifesized Eeyore.). It's super easy.

• Senior Minion

I'd go with SirClinks suggestion. Take a picture you like and play around with it in Photoshop (or other photo editing software). Then you could probably take it to your local copy center (Kinko's if there is one close by), and have them blow it up there.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by caamora View Post
    I didn't know where else to post this.Anyway, at 43 years old, I find that I am once again pregnant. my teenage daughter came up with the idea to decorate the baby room as Splash Mountain with the bears and everything. Well, we thought it would be really great to have the mountain on one wall but neither of us are artists and I don't want to spend the money hiring an artist to paint it for me.So, my question is: does anyone here know somewhere I can get a mural of Splash Mountain? I've looked online but to no avail.Thanks.
    No 'artist' needed--just a little effort. Buy a children's book with pictures of brer bear, fox, and rabbit:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Walt-Disneys-Unc...QQcmdZViewItem

or anything that has the characters portrayed in the Disney style. Buy/borrow and overhead projector. Trace on clear mylar/acetate the pictures from the book, put the tracing on the overhead projector, and project it onto the wall--position the projector to define the proper placement and size, get a pencil and trace on the wall.

When purchasing paint, you can even bring the book into any home improvement store and have them mix up pints of interior wall paint using the book to color match. Then just fill in the blanks (try to use duplicating color choices when possible--the paint will be your most expensive investment)!
    Last edited by fo'c's'le swab; 04-24-2008 at 08:35 AM.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'm thinking an easier way to go would be a vinyl wall mural. I don't know how much they run price wise but you can create your own from a picture. Below is a site i found. Just check it out. Congrats on the baby and good luck with the room!

http://www.muralsyourway.com/

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

^^True, a gigantic sticker is easier. 'Course it's also a gigantic sticker...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

The problem with those vinyl mural things is they're a pain to take off. Compared to paint where if you want the mural gone it's just painting over it. The overhead idea is probably the easiest and cheapest. You can get overheads on ebay for fairly cheap too.

Oh and I had a thought, go for solids for bedding and the rest. It would be hard to find bedding with the characters, the color though could be good in case you change your mind.

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Here's a picture I just threw together real quick. Gives an idea though. If you want a different angle or something I could get some more shots for you in the next few days.

Last edited by dlandjimmy; 04-24-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: picture added

• Mrs. J. Depp

Is it the bottom link in your signature? Because that was a cool shot.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Thanks! Yeah, it'll show up on that bottom link. But it should be on this page now too. I had a problem with the URL the first time I tried to post it.

Jimmy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast