Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post New Theme for the year 2010? What is your idea?

We are all growing old with " The Year of A Million Dreams " slogan and park theme that have lasted more than a year. Just as the 50th anniversary lasted more than a year. Do not get me wrong I enjoyed those at times. The year 2010 has a lot of new things in store for the parks your mission choose a new slogan for the parks. That is catchy but does not get too old.

Re: New Theme for the year 2010? What is your idea?

I like " Where Magic Never Ends" This way you can still give things away, but you can really pump up all the new stuff going on. That your never ending your pursuit of a better park as well.
    Last edited by Grumpy38; 04-24-2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: add detail

• I'm not really here

I think it should be "The Happiest Place on Earth"

Yes, I know it used to be that before Disney Parks... but I think it is true and timeless and should always be the slogan of Disneyland no matter what promotion, event special thing is going on.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• A Weather Eye Open

No theme is my preferred theme. How about "Disneyland" or "The Happiest Place on Earth"? Disneyland didn't need a theme all those years and did just fine.

That said, with 2010 being the 55th Anniversary year, I expect the theme will be "55th Anniversary". Don't know about '09, though.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

"The Year We Make Contact"

(apologies to Arthur C. Clarke fans...)

Go back to the way it was with " The Happiest Place On Earth ". I like it too go back to the original and make things the way they were.

• =)

Disneyland doesn't need anything beyond "The Happiest Place on Earth." An occasional promotion is fine, provided it doesn't cost the company too much money...and that it doesn't degrade the appearance of the park...and that the public gets it. But not every year requires a catchy new slogan. A fun park will attract a lot more people than an okay one that's well-advertised. (Not at all trying to say Disneyland is merely okay!)

• RCMC BlackSmith

I like "The Happiest Place on Earth" but I also like "Where dreams come true" Maybe it should be "Dreams come True at the Happiest Place on Earth!"
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

Think about this logically odds are they going to keep running with slogans as they have been. Espically with the amount of additions that are taking place. Even if your against a new slogan or theme try and come up with something.

• I'm not really here

Honestly, I don't think there is anything better. For your vacation, where do you want to go? To "The Happiest Place on Earth." Bring your family to "The Happiest Place on Earth." Just got your refund money? Come to "The Happiest Place on Earth." It has infinite marketability, never gets old, and applies no matter what is going on.

Midway Mania, coming this summer to "The Happiest Place on Earth"

I really think they should play up that Disneyland is really the place where more joy, magic and happiness are created than anywhere else.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

I'm sick of the word "Dream" and I agree with those who think it doesn't need a "theme". What I'd like to see them promote, though, is ALL the characters. You know, those lesser known...Claribell, Pete, Daisy, etc.
    I want my cake back!

The characters is an interesting one.
    - Grumpy

• Minion

"Disneyland: Fully Restored"

• Troublemaker

I prefer they just use the classic, The Happiest Place on Earth.

They could make a nice promo using that as the punchline of a campaign. Show the characters and stars of the attractions (small world kids, pirates, ghosts from mansion, etc) trying to come up with a new idea. Somewhat making fun of all the other promos they've tossed around

Big announcer voice: "Disneyland, The --"

"smallest?"
    "merriest?"
    "goofiest?"
    "scurviest?"
    "creepiest?"
    "dreamiest?"
    etc, etc,

"-- HAPPIEST," the announcer takes over, "Place on Earth."

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphenom View Post
    I prefer they just use the classic, The Happiest Place on Earth.

They could make a nice promo using that as the punchline of a campaign. Show the characters and stars of the attractions (small world kids, pirates, ghosts from mansion, etc) trying to come up with a new idea. Somewhat making fun of all the other promos they've tossed around

Big announcer voice: "Disneyland, The --"

"smallest?"
    "merriest?"
    "goofiest?"
    "scurviest?"
    "creepiest?"
    "dreamiest?"
    etc, etc,

"-- HAPPIEST," the announcer takes over, "Place on Earth."
    You officially have my vote as the next manager of Marketing for the park. That is a brilliant add and would be funny, cute and get the message across so well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast