View Poll Results: Should there be a new Innerspace Attraction?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, bring back Innerspace as it was only updated!

11 33.33%
  • Yes, a new updated Innerspace inside the human body is better

12 36.36%
  • No, we dont need any exciting new and educational attractions in Tomorrowland

10 30.30%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Re: New Fantastic Voyage Movie coming Disney should have new Innerspace Attraction

this ISNT about another ride just a return of a ATIS type of attraction ...............so your vote IS really a vote against anything really exciting, educational or futuristic

• Dave

Blog Entries

Re: New Fantastic Voyage Movie coming Disney should have new Innerspace Attraction

Ok guys not to burst your celllular Bubble, but Buzz isn't going any where. It's a fun a popular ride, and don't forget profitable $$$. So forget about it! Why not take out Honey Our Adudeince is shrinking and put it there, or KO Star Tours and put it there. For Better or worse that won't happen either. Here is another Crazey thought why not inter mingle it with the People Mover it could go were Tron was and somee how make it as if you are going into the Human Body and to get people interested have the incredibaes tie in the attraction.
    Dave

• I'm not really here

I've actually been AI'ing a ride loosely based on ATIS for several years now. The vehicle can basically travel to anywhere, on any size scale, at anytime. From the human body to a supernova. Ride would have multiple branching storylines, all based on actual scientific fact, but that would be background issues. The actual ride is 360 degrees of spherical immersion with 4d effects as well. Definitely E-ticket.

I think something could be done with the idea of ATIS, but it needs to be pushing the boundaries of what we know and allow for rapid and easy updating as what we know changes.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    ubercoolicious...
    Didn't a lot of people die from this in the 1800s?

• Knight that says Nee!!

They way the vote choices are written it appears that if you decide against this attraction idea you are ALSO against "exciting new and educational attractions" in TL period.

So I didn't vote. I would love to see several new and educational attractions come to not just TL but other lands as well. I just don't think "Fantastic Voyage" is it. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Ok guys not to burst your celllular Bubble, but Buzz isn't going any where. It's a fun a popular ride, and don't forget profitable $$$. So forget about it! Why not take out Honey Our Adudeince is shrinking and put it there, or KO Star Tours and put it there. For Better or worse that won't happen either. Here is another Crazey thought why not inter mingle it with the People Mover it could go were Tron was and somee how make it as if you are going into the Human Body and to get people interested have the incredibaes tie in the attraction.
    I know buzz isnt going anywhere unfortunately and I was only jokingly and hopefully suggesting cannibalizing it because the concept for a new Innerspace / fantastic voyage type ride would fit perfectly with its ride technology and space and honestly wouldnt most of you agree that something based on the future and educational themes be ALOT more interesting especially if presented in high end e ticket style of sets and efx than the "shoot the bad guy" cartoon based buzz which frankly has no biz being in tomorrowland anyways? I mean at any age who rides buzz and thinks wow I wish I could really experience this world but how many rode ATIS and thought wow this is amazing to journey into the heart of the molecules that make up life.....

but they could use the same buzz tech just put somewhere else i am fine with taking out star tours even tho claims are its going to be updated SOMEDAY or just about any space in TL

(I just personally secretly hopefully would like to see buzz buzz off and be replaced with something that fits the original Walt TL theme tho I know my wish wont be granted)

Actually my inspiration for this TL ride concept is I am really hoping that the new Fox Emmerich Fantastic Voyage movie will be awesome using the latest cgi efx and new knowledge of the microverse inside of us, this hope springs from a awesome BBC doc that I dont think has been shown here yet called Fight for Life. Check out some of the work they did for this BBC doc and then just imagine how cool the movie COULD be and how cool these locations would be as 3d sets in a e tick ride based on Adventure thru Innerspace but inside a body and with the buzz shoot the bad organisms and watchout for the white blood cells action I think it would be awesome!

Heres the co that did the cgi efx for Fight for Life:
    http://jellyfishpictures.co.uk/

• Fancy that...

I think TL needs a HORIZONS type of ride (MUCH different and updated!!), and were innoventions is now should house a Time Travel ride that goes threw the primeval diorama at one point. Both can be educational and scientific

Heres some "real locations" as inspiration for ride set ideas and some of the creatures encountered on the way... now just imagine it being Disneyized with ride efx in the way they used to be able to do things....

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    I think TL needs a HORIZONS type of ride (MUCH different and updated!!), and were innoventions is now should house a Time Travel ride that goes threw the primeval diorama at one point. Both can be educational and scientific
    I LOVED Horizons at Epcot I thought it was the only thing they did there that actually was what that park was supposed to be about! shame on them for bulldozing it and it was only because they could not find a new sponsor to make money off of it! That was a real crime.

YES we have the whole of space and time that can be explored by science and made entertaining in the way Walt could to use as inspiration... it is only because they have no vision that they fall back on lucas's star wars and pixar films because they only follow the money trail anymore.... shame

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Great job of creating an unbiased poll. Gothic Manor you are showing your usual open mindedness once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    I LOVED Horizons at Epcot I thought it was the only thing they did there that actually was what that park was supposed to be about! shame on them for bulldozing it and it was only because they could not find a new sponsor to make money off of it! That was a real crime.

YES we have the whole of space and time that can be explored by science and made entertaining in the way Walt could to use as inspiration... it is only because they have no vision that they fall back on lucas's star wars and pixar films because they only follow the money trail anymore.... shame
    I never went on it, but the concept is AMAZING! especialy the interactive ending, It's chock full of fun educational possibilities It could be truly elaborate and cool, adding some more thrill elements could also help it come back to the shallow minded guests of today

• Minion

I'm in favor of a new Innerspace attraction. Shrinking is one of the great sci-fi concepts along with space and time travel, and HISTA just did not make me feel shrunk (maybe it was the effect of having to watch Rick Moranis and Eric Idle be so tragically unfunny before the shrinking finally occured).

ATIS looks very interesting to me, from the videos. (It was gone by the time I came along).

The inside of the human body is one of many very interesting places a ride like this could take us. And even if Body Wars was as lame as some claim it is, it dosn't mean that this ride would have to be.

Some people seem to be against the idea simply because it was used for an old ride that is no longer there, and that's not "moving forward." So long as it wasn't simply a rehash of the original ride, it doesn't have to be "moving backwards".

Despite my support for the idea, I gotta agree that this poll is rather on the biased side. Just because someone doesn't think there should be a shrinking attraction in TL doesn't mean they're against educational/non-character-tie-in attractions in general.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Ok I am really getting annoyed by the comments about the poll

you guys just dont get it...

1. are there any OTHER educational type of TL attractions being suggested by anyone? NO

2. you dont have to respond to the poll at all no ones twisting your arm

I WAS saying what would you like a ATIS like ride back
    A ATIS like ride but more like fantastic voyage
    Or NO ATIS educational type ride just the usually mindless thrill or pixar ripoff painted 2d plywood cheap stuff we have been getting???

you see if someone doesnt want 1 or 2 then by clicking three you are saying you want business as usual at TL as there are no other education type concepts for new unplanned attractions floating around out there

and if you want feel free to come up with a fourth alternative YOU think of a exciting futuristic educational attraction on your own I know I would welcome it!!!

:-)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm all for a new, exciting attraction for tomorrowland. I could care less if it is educational.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast