Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

New Tomorrowland Rumors

These rumors come from Screamscape.com:

Late 2009 or Early 2010 - Star Tours 2 - Rumor - (4/25/08) Screamscape sources tell us that we should finally expect to see Star Tours shut down by late 2008 or early 2009 in order to begin work on the massive overhaul it will receive for the Star Tours 2 concept rebirth. Apparently we shouldnít expect to see it reopen for close to a year or more since this is said to be a complete overhaul and not just Disney dropping in a new ride-film.

2010/2011 - PeopleMover v3 / Tomorrowland 2010 - Rumor - (4/25/08) From what Iíve been told, a new future for Tomorrowland is finally on the way. The new Star Tours 2 concept is apparently just the first phase of a larger makeover for Tomorrowland. Once the new version of Star Tours opens the plan is to demolish the old Rocket Jet Tower to make way for an all new tower that will once again house a next generation Peoplemover ride station as well as the base unit to return the Astro-Orbiter back to itís rightful place high in the sky on top of this new tower.

Who knows if these are to be true but we all know that it needs to be done now.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Fancy that...

Re: New Tomorrowland Rumors

I want it to be true, but I don't know what to believe(sp) I like the idea of demolishing the old PM station and re-building it, AND THEN putting the rocket jets back? sweeeeeet

• Dave

Blog Entries

does this mean the peoiple mover will not return?
    Dave

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    does this mean the peoiple mover will not return?
    It said in the rumor that it would return as a "third generation" peoplemover... I think it sounds great

• Mrs. J. Depp

Even if these are rumors, how are we to know whats truth and whats fiction? This could be a ploy by WDI to trick us. Say that these are rumors when they are really TRUE! Brilliant.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

This is good to hear, hopefully these rumors become true! That would be so exciting. Did you also see this?

Park News - (4/25/08) While Iím not exactly sure about the location or even which park he will call home, Screamscape sources have confirmed that we will see a Wall-E mobile animatronic character running around just in time for the movieís release. Wall-E is said to be quite cute and stands about 3 feet tall. Wall-E would be right at home in Tomorrowland of course, but itís crowded streets could make California Adventure a more inviting home. Plus California Adventure also served as the testing grounds for the two previous characters, Lucky the Dinosaur and the Muppet Mobile Labs. More when we find out.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Wink Re: New Tomorrowland Rumors

In the rumor nothing was said about a new people mover just the rockets going back in the sky. Which was all because of me!
    Dave

• I'm not really here

Well, it's only a 2 1/2 year wait. I can wait that long to see if the rumors really do come true.

In the meantime, they are pretty sweet rumors.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Fancy that...

Once the new version of Star Tours opens the plan is to demolish the old Rocket Jet Tower to make way for an all new tower that will once again house a next generation Peoplemover ride station as well as the base unit to return the Astro-Orbiter back to itís rightful place high in the sky on top of this new tower.

• Dave

Blog Entries

ok your right!
    Dave

• Dave

Blog Entries

I remain a bit of a sceptic on the whole Star tours change. I love Star Tours and all 6 Star Wars Movies. With that said I would love to see somethig besides a Star Tours or Star Wars based ride.
    Dave

• Banned User

Eh sad to hear Star Tours might go back to the future, but I guess It can't stay in the 80's forever.

I think Tomorrowland as a whole needs a facelift imo. The need to bring back the feel of the 1967-1997 TL. Only 10 Years old and it shows already.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    ok your right!

• =)

I can say that I know that at least part of this is true.

• I'm not really here

Again... even though I respect that you can't say anything Data... I CURSE YOU at the same time.

=D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast