Thread: Stitch phone

• Banned User

Stitch phone

I was sad to hear they took out the Stitch phone from TL. Stitch is my favorite Disney Character and I never got to see it. I noticed a lot of clips on YouTube with it. I am impressed by some of the people working it. Some funny come backs and one liners. Did the people behind this have to audition as an actor for it or just assigned to it? Some funny stuff. Looked fun.

• Banned User

Re: Stitch phone

when did they take it out? I hope they didn't, it was the only reason I went into Innoventions in the first place.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

You are assigned to it, it's part of a rotation.

they took it out?!?!?!

that was the only reason i ever went into innoventions!

went and talked to stitch on my honeymoon.. hubby got called "jake the snake roberts".. and stitch bowed to him. (we both love watching wrestling, so this made my week)

i will seriously complain if this is true....

• "Always On The Move..."

I'm just sick they took Stitch out...

As a lot of the MC'rs know, I teach Special Ed...(K-8th) grade and Stitch is our mascot and we practice Ohana in our classroom. Stitch has done so much for my kids (Special Ed kids all over identify with him...the little Alien that knows he is different and just wants to be loved for himself and part of a family).

One of my kids (Autistic Spectrum) would not talk..until I brought out one of my Stitch dolls..(and then a life-like rubber frog - cause Stitch had to have his frog)...from then on, couldn't get him to be quiet! LOL He was able to talk to Stitch...(and even though I can't do the vocals for Stitch..which is frustrating cause I do a lot of differernt voices)...Stitch would always answer him. So "Stitch" and he worked together.

Stitch also came through when one of my kids came to be in my class after being yanked out of his home for child abuse..and was put into the Foster Child System. He asked if he could "talk to Stitch" and "they" would discuss what it was like to be a foster child...and how important Ohana was..

I have many stories like this (we also used the "badness meter" lol..which makes a fun way to say..umm.."outta control here..get it together."

I wanted so much to be able to thank Stitch for all he had done for my class..and the Telephone Interactive Stitch was the answer. I told the CM's working the story, and they had me wait for a bit longer.. I (and my sister), got to talk to Stitch for quite a while. And I got to thank "him" personally for all he had done. ("You make Stitch cry") Well, I was crying, Stitch was crying, my Sis and the CM's were crying..but it was a good cathargic kind of cry. And I will never EVER forget what it ment to me. (Ok, you and I know what really went on behind the screen..but I will forever be grateful to "Stitch" and those who helped me connect with him.) Stitch even had the CM's catch up with us before we left and gave us a Special present from him..to always remember him by!

So, to my little Blue Bro... You will always be a member of our Classroom Ohana...you are loved so much by so many who needed (and still need) you...Your pic of me and my Sis with you is up on our classroom wall..and again, I can't thank you enough!!

- Aloha..

Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• ...TWO BITS!

Why they even bother spending money to close this down just to make room for a coloring area?? THere already WAS a coloring area while you waited your turn to Talk to Stitch.

Stitch, ASIMO, and now Segway (haven't tried that yet) are pretty much the only really good things in Innoventions. I haven't tried Project Tomorrow yet.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Shubisha

disney probably feels like it was just an expendable prototype attraction for the more featured Turtle Talk with Crush and Stitch Encounter attractions, but it really was a good underrated feature that I'd much rather go to than either of those two.

I had no idea this existed. And am now saddened. I guess I'll have to watch the dvd again and again and again....

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I was able to do this once. Stitch was quite the clever little devil!

I am saddened by this departure, but look forward to all of the amazing changes that are coming to Tomorrowland in the relatively near future.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by davidyenoki View Post
    I had no idea this existed. And am now saddened. I guess I'll have to watch the dvd again and again and again....
    Yeah! I had no idea this was around, it sounds GREAT I am so sad I never got to do it. Boy solo is from Hawaii (same island as Lilo) so we always have had a special place in our hearts for Lilo and Stitch.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

When we were there, my little cousin proposed to him and was rejected haha. it kinda gives it away cause you can see whoever's talking through the wall, but it was still fun.
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

If Stitch is no longer in Innoventions, that is sad. I had a few fun visits with that little blue alien! Having the almost one on one visits with him, and him talking back, was really a treat. That is something that so few Disney Characters are allowed to do. And this was truely an animated character! Crush is ok, but, you just don't have that same personal experience with such a large audience, not NEARLY as special.

• Troublemaker

What a shame this is gone. It was better than Turtle Talk with Crush because it was pretty much one-on-one. And it was always fun to push the envelope as far as conversations go. The CMS did a great job with it -- I'm not sure how much fun it was for them, but it was a lot of fun for us as Guests.

Dang, my wife and I were gonna take our "Angel" plushie and a ransom letter, and see how Stitch would have done when his girlfriend was in peril. Alas, now we'll never know.

• Banned User

I'm just beyond pi$$ed that they removed it. And what did they replace it with? A static display. No interactivity. No laughs. No fun. I don't see why Stitch was taken out, every time i've been there, people were sitting and waiting for their chance to talk to him.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I'm just beyond pi$$ed that they removed it. And what did they replace it with? A static display. No interactivity. No laughs. No fun. I don't see why Stitch was taken out, every time i've been there, people were sitting and waiting for their chance to talk to him.
    Not everything, like the Air Scooter display, has to be interactive. At least it is something now that is futuristic and represents what innoventions was meant to be, a place that showcases new technology that may be available or is in the future, not a place to talk to a cartoon character.