Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Pass

• Laura

Help with Silver Pass Please

Does anyone know what the rules are for the Silver Pass. My Nana worked @ disney studios for 30 odd years and gets these passes every year. Problem is she now is 93 and can't really take us to the Park. My mom seems to think that because she's a retiree that it doesn't matter as long as we have her Disney ID. Anyone have any clue about this? I don't want to go and end up not being able to use the pass.
    Last edited by canny1; 04-26-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: more description

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Silver Pass

One would think that the words, non-transferable might apply here.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Found my prince!

^^ That's what I was thinking. Is there anything on the back of it?

• Laura

Yes I know what non-transferable means, but she was a long time employee and my mum seems to remember them saying that there were exceptions for retirees. She started working there in 1960 and if they are still sending her the passes they must know she's well past be able to go to Disneyland. She worked at the studio not the park and they still send her birthday cards and other stuff. Just wondering if anyone else knew.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Contacting the studio would probably be the best bet for information regarding the restrictions. Thousands of retirees receiving such an lovely annual gift seems quite generous.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Laura

All that's written on the back is that it has to be presented with photo id or Disney Id which I have. We've been using them for years...with my mum who looks nothing like my 93 year old nan or even the 65 years old version on the Id but I'm alot younger and don't think I'd pass as a retiree.

• Laura

That's what disney are like...especially with the old old timers. she gets the silver pass plus every few months the normal passes show up. My mum gave me an envelope today with 3 silver passes dated 2006,2007 and 2008 along with 10 normal passes all of which had expired besides 2. Like I said when she worked there (1960) Disney himself was still there. They still respect that and invite her to all disney functions.

• Disney Nerd

The idea of sign in passes, is that it's a perk for Cast Members to be able to bring guests into the parks. The sign in passes are only supposed to be used when the cast member is present. So if your grandmother is not going with you, then you can't use her sign in pass. You can still use the comp tickets that she gets 2 times a year though. Also, you may have used her pass before without her being there, but be warned, if you are caught the Company could prosecute for theft & could take the privilege of the passes away from her.

It's better to be safe than sorry, and better not to lie and risk not good things happening.

Also note that only useable pass is the one for 2008.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

WOW how cool is that -- your granma working there so long ago and for so many years!! Too bad you can't take your granma there for the day -- bet she'd get some special treatment being such an old timer. I hope when I'm 93 I'm still able to go.

Best of luck to you w/ using the pass!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal View Post
    The idea of sign in passes, is that it's a perk for Cast Members to be able to bring guests into the parks. The sign in passes are only supposed to be used when the cast member is present. So if your grandmother is not going with you, then you can't use her sign in pass. You can still use the comp tickets that she gets 2 times a year though. Also, you may have used her pass before without her being there, but be warned, if you are caught the Company could prosecute for theft & could take the privilege of the passes away from her.

It's better to be safe than sorry, and better not to lie and risk not good things happening.

Also note that only useable pass is the one for 2008.
    I don't think the OP is talking about DLR cast member passes.

BTW welcome to micechat canny1!

• :)

as long as u both have the same last name, and a photo id. ur good.

• Minion

Silver passes for current Walt Disney Mgmt (exempts) or retirees have the names imprinted on the back. In order to use them the person who's name is on it must be present...NO exceptions. Spouses also get a silver pass with their own name on it and can use it but dependents are not allowed to use it unless signed in by the CM/retiree or spouse. Plus, CMs/retirees and spouses cannot use their silver pass on the same day. The # of guests allowed on a silver pass is also the # of dependents you claim.

You are however allowed to use the complimentary pass she gets yearly. You don't need a CM to be present.

• Disney Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by angeladlr View Post
    I don't think the OP is talking about DLR cast member passes.
    The passes are all the same company wide (excluding Tokyo) . It doesn't matter what part you work, a main gate pass is a main gate pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44 View Post
    Silver passes for current Walt Disney Mgmt (exempts) or retirees have the names imprinted on the back. In order to use them the person who's name is on it must be present...NO exceptions. Spouses also get a silver pass with their own name on it and can use it but dependents are not allowed to use it unless signed in by the CM/retiree or spouse. Plus, CMs/retirees and spouses cannot use their silver pass on the same day. The # of guests allowed on a silver pass is also the # of dependents you claim.

You are however allowed to use the complimentary pass she gets yearly. You don't need a CM to be present.
    This is what I was trying to say. It just wasn't as clear. I had an infant discovering dvds at the time, and I wasn't really focusing.

• Laura

The picture on the ID is from 1980 so any older looking lady can pass. My mum just mentioned to me the other day that she had thought it had changed because she is so old now. I've got the normal passes that they send each year and we never have a problem finding and older lady who wants to save the admission.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44 View Post
    The # of guests allowed on a silver pass is also the # of dependents you claim.
    My Mother-In-Law has a silver pass (retiree) and I thought she said she could bring in anyone she wanted to the park as long as we are with her? I guess I don't understand what you mean by "# of dependents".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast